NEWS Broncos put the feelers out for Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weidler:

giphy.gif

The frustrating thing for the Broncos is there is no flak put back on the scum journalists that drag them into having to make a statement.

I'm wondering if there is a better way for the club to handle these circumstances.... maybe they should release less formal statements through their social media teams just completely dismissing it with emojis or flipping it off as total garbage... Start trolling these fuckwits

It would be something that the fans can swing back towards the journalist in question and completely discredit them... start a fucking meme about how inept these idiots are

Releasing a formal statement acknowledges that the rumour "deserves" some sort of credit and respect... when in reality it is just a sad journalist looking for click bait because he's got literally nothing to talk about for his "job"

The frustrating thing for the Broncos is there is no flak put back on the scum journalists that drag them into having to make a statement.

I'm wondering if there is a better way for the club to handle these circumstances.... maybe they should release less formal statements through their social media teams just completely dismissing it with emojis or flipping it off as total garbage... Start trolling these fuckwits

It would be something that the fans can swing back towards the journalist in question and completely discredit them... start a fucking meme about how inept these idiots are

Releasing a formal statement acknowledges that the rumour "deserves" some sort of credit and respect... when in reality it is just a sad journalist looking for click bait because he's got literally nothing to talk about for his "job"
I can see why they did address it, it's a huge storyline generator so if they stayed silent you just know Badel and the germs around him would snowball it then you'd have articles questioning how far the Broncos have fallen, journalists contacting sponsors to see what they think of the potential signings, blah blah.

I do think a simple Facebook post with a lol, not happening would be all it deserves.

Falou should receive a cut from all these media outlets preying on the pc brainwashed masses. Their making bulk coin whilst simultaneously destroying the career of a bloke for sharing his religious views. If the NRL block his re-entry I hope he goes after them aswell.

If SBW or Haas did what Folau did they'd be destroyed and the only difference is they wouldn't get 3 million dollars from idiots supporting their business venture to rort Rugby Union for a few million dollars. They certainly wouldn't have the PM of the country backing them either.

Christians equate to idiots, how sincere.

Falou should receive a cut from all these media outlets preying on the pc brainwashed masses. Their making bulk coin whilst simultaneously destroying the career of a bloke for sharing his religious views. If the NRL block his re-entry I hope he goes after them aswell.
There's only one club I could see wanting to sign him and that's the Roosters. If they go after him NRL will green light it no questions asked.

Even if the Broncos were interested, it was never happening. Time after time, Folau has shown the only thing that matters for his career is the dollars.

He took the money when he signed for us, he took more money for his foolish experiment in the AFL, could've come back to league after that but union had more cash so he went down that route. He'll take the big money overseas union offers next.

I can see why they did address it, it's a huge storyline generator so if they stayed silent you just know Badel and the germs around him would snowball it then you'd have articles questioning how far the Broncos have fallen, journalists contacting sponsors to see what they think of the potential signings, blah blah.

I do think a simple Facebook post with a lol, not happening would be all it deserves.
Yeah that's what I mean though... we get linked to every player, but if the Broncos social team turned it into a #FakeNews type meme they could instantly dismiss the rumour without having to prepare a formal statement every time.

Broncos linked to Cam Smith... Broncos statement 🤣🤣

Bird being released.... 🤣🤣

Milf being released... 🤣🤣

Just flog it off with no credit for the breaking news instantly

Christians equate to idiots, how sincere.
It's certainly not what I said or implied. If you'd rather I spell it out though, I think average people giving some multi-millionaire millions to help him out in a lawsuit for 12 million is pretty dumb.

What did they get out of it? Folau didn't fight for his morals, he took the first pay out offered and backed out. If he was sincere he'd have taken it all the way to court so a precedent could be set. Calling Muslims not tolerant and violent is certainly not sincerity either, so don't be a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Even if the Broncos were interested, it was never happening. Time after time, Folau has shown the only thing that matters for his career is the dollars.
Nonsense. He was a brilliant player in every team he was in. Was RU player of the year three years running.

Some of these stories are being generated from videos of sermons he has given in his Church. If he can't share his beliefs and opinions there than where can he? Sharing those views on Social media may be stupid but he is entitled to do it. Some people need to get a grip. Maybe spend some time learning about some of the real injustices people are suffering from around the world, rather than getting your knickers in a knot over any little thing our main stream media wants you to.

Yeah that's what I mean though... we get linked to every player, but if the Broncos social team turned it into a #FakeNews type meme they could instantly dismiss the rumour without having to prepare a formal statement every time.

Broncos linked to Cam Smith... Broncos statement 🤣🤣

Bird being released.... 🤣🤣

Milf being released... 🤣🤣

Just flog it off with no credit for the breaking news instantly

Your talking about a team owned by a news organisation, LOL it's in their interest to have stories like this fly around, I'm sorry to say but they aren't going to let our social team even consider doing this. Don't get me wrong I would love to see us put them in their place but it won't happen.

Last edited:
Nonsense. He was a brilliant player in every team he was in. Was RU player of the year three years running.

Never claimed he wasn't a good player but the dollar value has been his primary concern on every contract he has signed.

I think he was rightfully sacked for breach of contract but I also pretty strongly think it should never have been the big issue that it was. If people follow a guy on social media, unless he's calling something illegal people can choose to unfollow.

It's definitely manufactured outraged and he was used as the fall guy. Do we really believe there were some gay people who got genuinely upset about Folau's post? They'd have to never have heard of Christianity before that date.

I get it though, he's representing a national brand as a prominent highly paid employee and you need to be smart enough to avoid hot button topics. He signed a contract after being warned previously to say he wouldn't do it again and did it again.
Yep, no question he wasn't acting in his best interests by flapping his gums specifically on gays. He has to have a tin ear not to see the power of that lobby when every current TV show has sodomy as a central theme.

But, on the other hand, his right to express his religious beliefs are protected by the Constitution and various anti-discrimination statutes.

If he sincerely believes ramming your penis up another man's sphincter, having a few drinks or telling a lie will cause you to burn in Hell for eternity - and not only that he can cite his source - why should we demand he be silenced? How could he not warn us?

To me, it's much the same as people protesting about the "climate emergency" even though they know little about the subject and much of what they do "know" isn't exactly watertight. We understand why they're upset. We know who's getting them upset. And we know they mean well, regardless of their narrow knowledge and simplistic grasp of economics and energy policy.
[automerge]1575772297[/automerge]
Never claimed he wasn't a good player but the dollar value has been his primary concern on every contract he has signed.
I'd like to hear your argument against that.

Last edited:
To me, it's much the same as people protesting about the "climate emergency" even though they know little about the subject and much of what they do "know" isn't exactly watertight. We understand why they're upset. We know who's getting them upset. And we know they mean well, regardless of their narrow knowledge and simplistic grasp of economics and energy policy.

Climate change isn't supernatural and can be tested and proven or falsified at a scientific level. Science is driven to further improve the knowledge of man even if that means it later contradicts what was known previously. Now the majority of those who protest won't have as much knowledge as those in the scientific community definitely and they should learn more about it, but there is substantially more evidence and qualified sources to prove of it's existence then that of an all knowing all powerful supernatural being that created all life.

On the other hand you have supernatural claims backed up by a holy book over 2000 years with no means to provide actual witnesses to the events nor be test scientifically of the supernatural's existence of their God. Your also talking about a following that requires you to have faith and not to question it's truth or existence and to follow it unquestioningly.

They aren't even on the same level, your comparing natural claims from one group to supernatural claims from another and only one can at present come remotely close to even proving of it's existence.

Except in this situation you are being the snowflake.
Yep, soft as, new age snowflake. That's because I'm 19, sorry, that's cos im 19. **** the homophobic misogynistic prat. I like him when he played for us but I'm not fond of people who have invisible, intolerant make believe hand holders. It makes me wary of them because they'll believe absolutely anything and can be convinced to kill innocent people. That's a bit controversial isn't it 😯 Sorry, religion crept in but it is a big part of the folau controversy. I won't mention it again.

Unfortunately, putting all that to one side, he did sue his former employer after breaching their contract. There isn't many businesses that would take on that potential liability.

Last I heard is that after the out of court settlement with Rugby Australia the NRL are going to have no choice but drop his band, unless they want to go down the same road as RA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • johnyE
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.