NEWS Broncos put the feelers out for Folau

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Shows how far the Broncos have fallen since the departure of Wayne Bennett”

.... who signed Matt Lodge!

He is a parasite who has latched himself to Bennett since he’s gone to Souths.

Last edited:
Story by Danny Weidler in the Sydney Morning Herald late last night, not a whole lot of substance to the story, however he did say we've made a subtle, but high level enquiry with the NRL about where they stand on Folau returning. The article finishes with him saying "this shows how far the club has fallen since Bennett left", so it's probably just Weidler filling his yearly quota of Broncos smearing stories.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...he-feelers-out-for-folau-20191207-p53huu.html
I remember reading how gallen would play the bad guy with the Nrl's approval. It seems that's our strategy as a club with this signing. Talented player that he is, do we really need another negative head line for a club that half of Queensland hates already, never mind now (Victoria will probably still love us given the victories we've given the storm over the years).
If this happens, we should force all our players to have handle barr mustaches, change the uniform to pure black, and a snigger for our team victory song.

Meh, does it really matter what he thinks ? Especially if you don’t believe in God

Personally I think he’s past his prime but I’d take him on a cheap deal. He could play in several positions
I couldn’t care less what he says, that said I don’t want him anywhere near our club

Let’s do it, just to watch heads in Sydney explode! Just sign Latrell Mitchell ffs, yeah that’d end well too. I don’t know what it is about that Breen but he grates on me something chronic.

He wanted fourteen mil from RA. Yeah, I'll bet we can afford the prick.

I think he is past it. I’d rather spend the money on somebody young who has potential.

I certainly wouldn’t call him a piece of shit though.
He has his views based on his religious beliefs and he is entitled to them. As long as they don’t call for violence then let him be.

This world is far to PC for me.

Colman in the Sunday Mail today quotes former Broncos:

Notorious cokehead Wendell Sailor: “He’s very talented and everyone deserves a second chance.”

Hardman Gillmeister: “I think I’ll leave it to the NRL. There’s people on big bucks to make those decisions but it’s a tough call. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there are just some things you can’t say, especially these days. “I know I’m a bloke who has always got an opinion on everything but this is a hard one. You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t. I will say this though: any time I have ever had anything to do with Izzy he has been nothing but respectful, but those things he said were over the top.”

Colman says:

"Folau to come to the Broncos two things would have to happen. Firstly, he would need to take a major pay cut, but even if the payout from RA was at the lower end of the estimates he could afford it. Secondly Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold would have to want him. Now let’s see, what were those numbers again? Oh yeah, 37 tries in 39 games. Next question? The only other stumbling block to Folau joining the Broncos or any other NRL club for that matter is whether he wants to stay with rugby. Is that a possibility? Probably not in Australia."

"It wouldn’t surprise if Twiggy Forrest is eyeing Folau for his rebel competition even as we speak. No-one would take more pleasure in causing more pain to RA than Twiggy, and he’s got the bankroll to do it. "

Last edited:
Israel the hypocrite, Pretty fair to assume his beliefs have been there since he was a child, but hey let’s not voice them publicly until after he’s made millions and is now done.

Besides why would the broncos or the nrl for that matter entertain the idea of hiring an employee who just finished suing their previous employer for the exact same things you’re company stands for?

I'm betting on Israel joining French rugby... will get paid a mint, his wife can play netball in the UK comp, and he can live it up in Europe away from the cesspool that is Australia sports journalism

How times have changed since I was at school. My biology teacher, who coached the 16A's rugby team, used to say in class every other day: "Rugby League was designed by idiots to be played by idiots." Great argument would ensue.

It always ended the same way: "it's still better than Soccer, that's a poofter's game." To which everyone cheered.

Last edited:
I think he is past it. I’d rather spend the money on somebody young who has potential.

He has his views based on his religious beliefs and he is entitled to them. As long as they don’t call for violence then let him be.

Too PC this days...

Yet we have others who beat females, sexually assault, attempt bestiality, become lunatics on benders, brawl in Asian countries are all fine athletes who are all more than welcome to play in this inclusive comp.
Yet a person who tweets privately about his beliefs is vilified from pillar to post (by the media monster) and denied employment everywhere....tsk tsk tsk

100% love to have him back in the side. Unlike a lot of you merkins, i don't watch Footy for the drama outside the game.
Maybe WWE is more suited to some of you?

As long as he scores tries and brings home the trophy, i could care less what he does off the field.
And like PNG Broncos fan said, if we are ok to have domestic abusers, drug users, and violent thugs in our game, then im sure you snowflakes can look past a couple of mean tweets.
Remember, the bible teaches this bullshit, so unless you are prepared to ban every christian/catholic/muslim from playing Footy, then you need to back up and shut up.

Last edited:
I doubt there’s truth to this but if so, the best part of this story is that it means we must have a decent amount of extra cash

The problem with this is that Folau's posts are a call to violence, moral violence against gays. When I read them, I think of say, all the gay soldiers, men and women, who fought in countless wars, and gave their lives for our freedom, roasting in hell.

And of course there are no gay Broncos supporters. Nope, none at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • maddo
  • johnny plath
  • mitch222
  • Robboi_321
  • Organix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.