Broncos re-sign Patrick Carrigan until 2022

Link? I'd love to read what that flog has to say
“A source has also claimed that several Broncos players had been in touch with Bennett and that life in Brisbane wasn’t as rosy as it should be.
Rumours also persist that the rabbitohs haven’t given up on signing rampaging Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr, despite him signing a one-year extension with Brisbane last week.
Pangai Jr was born in Sydney and played his junior football in the Newcastle district.”

“A source has also claimed that several Broncos players had been in touch with Bennett and that life in Brisbane wasn’t as rosy as it should be.
Rumours also persist that the rabbitohs haven’t given up on signing rampaging Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr, despite him signing a one-year extension with Brisbane last week.
Pangai Jr was born in Sydney and played his junior football in the Newcastle district.”
Love to know who the 'source' is ? [emoji848]

Seriously though, if players aren't happy with how things are going at the moment then maybe that says things were a little too 'comfy' while Wayne was here

Im shocked we were able to re-sign carrigan. Dean “the reliable source” ritchie has said the broncos players are calling up bennett non-stop and that things arent going well at the broncos under seibold... after 2 weeks hahaha seriously he has to be the worst journalist of a very very bad bunch. Owe and souths are probably going to sign pangai next year. I get the feeling if TPJ signed a 5 year deal journalists like ritchie would claim its just a cover up while he secretly desires to be with bennett...

I know a few of the guys there and from what I'm hearing they are fine with Seibold. They are still very loyal to Bennett at the same time, but they are behind what Seibold is doing and it's a positive change for them. I think the press seem to forget quite a few of our blokes have actually worked with Seibold before and quite like him.

I know a few of the guys there and from what I'm hearing they are fine with Seibold. They are still very loyal to Bennett at the same time, but they are behind what Seibold is doing and it's a positive change for them. I think the press seem to forget quite a few of our blokes have actually worked with Seibold before and quite like him.
There will always be players who prefer a former coach to a new coach. Normally, for it to be enough of a problem to cause an issue those players would also tend to be the ones who got selected by the old coach but arent selected by the new coach. Its not rocket science for the journalists to make this link, but they would rather throw out unfounded rumours about the players that will get the most clicks...

Carrigan progressed, first game against the Pride which was down here in a late change, in the wet against Carney and everything really hard and he made lots of efforts he could only get 40 minutes but by the end of the year he was playing 80 minutes.

He got smarter, by the end of the year two games that stood out- coming off the Hunters which always drains guys and he plays 80 minutes against Townsville. Blackhawks are finals bound and have a huge pack while poor Wynnum and playing for nothing. Carrigan tops the tackles count and makes the most ground that's against Townsville with three NRL guys.

He was young and in a struggling team this year and then lost Haas and he did everything right. He played bench, second row and front row for Wynnum and defended in the ruck and just got things done.

Carrigan is a leader in every team he plays, Hodges had no choice but to make him captain this year and he was sensational even his speech after the 20's Origin screamed class. He was great all week, I have never seen a more accomplished young leader.

Wasn't even captain at the start of the week but took on the role naturally and Hodges' decision was easy by half way through.

Even in games that went horribly he was working hard- Residents Qld were in all sorts and he came off the bench and missed one tackle he came across the field and covered made 17 tackles in a short time.

He became one of my favourite ISC players to watch over the last 12 months.

Last edited:
Carrigan progressed, first game against the Pride which was down here in a late change, in the wet against Carney and everything really hard and he made lots of efforts he could only get 40 minutes but by the end of the year he was playing 80 minutes.

He got smarter, by the end of the year two games that stood out- coming off the Hunters which always drains guys and he plays 80 minutes against Townsville. Blackhawks are finals bound and have a huge pack while poor Wynnum and playing for nothing. Carrigan tops the tackles count and makes the most ground that's against Townsville with three NRL guys.

He was young and in a struggling team this year and then lost Haas and he did everything right. He played bench, second row and front row for Wynnum and defended in the ruck and just got things done.

Carrigan is a leader in every team he plays, Hodges had no choice but to make him captain this year and he was sensational even his speech after the 20's Origin screamed class. He was great all week, I have never seen a more accomplished young leader.

Wasn't even captain at the start of the week but took on the role naturally and Hodges' decision was easy by half way through.

Even in games that went horribly he was working hard- Residents Qld were in all sorts and he came off the bench and missed one tackle he came across the field and covered made 17 tackles in a short time.

He became one of my favourite ISC players to watch over the last 12 months.
Given how much attention you place on these developing players I'm going to take it as a fact the statements about Carrigan. I normally would not just take someone's word for things but in this case an exception is made. I'm now looking forward to seeing this guy both on the field and as a future player. I suppose it's made easier for me because it's not just about how well they play but how well he's apparently gone when things aren't in his favour.

Given how much attention you place on these developing players I'm going to take it as a fact the statements about Carrigan. I normally would not just take someone's word for things but in this case an exception is made. I'm now looking forward to seeing this guy both on the field and as a future player. I suppose it's made easier for me because it's not just about how well they play but how well he's apparently gone when things aren't in his favour.

That's a big thing I like about him, he never gives in. Even when things are going badly, you can rely on him to put his hand up.

• [QUOTE="Wolfie, post: 2991122, member: 8770" Even when things are going badly, you can rely on him to put his hand up.[/QUOTE]
That really is a true leader.
Always appreciate your "inside" info @1910
Cheers

Another great edition to the team a real player of the future Could spell the end of Alex Glenn's Bronco career or Patric Mago though I hope not Mago is a great Defender

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • sooticus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • porouian
  • mrslong
  • Spoon
  • Stix
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.