Broncos Realistic Premiership Window

On that point though, if he had essential an NRL team most weeks wouldn’t that mean most of them could train five nights a week?

The Cowboys already train fulltime, they don't need more, the former NRL guys they had have to work now and don't want to train full time and the ISC don't and can't.

They had over 600 NRL games in the Grand Final in 2015, they crashed every year in the finals because they were cooked.

The Cowboys already train fulltime, they don't need more, the former NRL guys they had have to work now and don't want to train full time and the ISC don't and can't.

They had over 600 NRL games in the Grand Final in 2015, they crashed every year in the finals because they were cooked.
Sounds like a bit of a Maguire scenario. Hopefully he has mellowed in Super League and has a better feel for things now.

Fifita and Coates back in 2024 to claim the glory the others worked for....

Fifita and Coates back in 2024 to claim the glory the others worked for....

Yes I know, I know salary cap and all that but imagine if we could get those two back.

'24 team:

1. Cobbo
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Coates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Mozer/Grant
10. Flegler
11. Fifita
12. Piakura
13. Capewell

14. Mozer/Grant
15. Willison
16. Riki
17. Robati

It'll never happen but wowsers!

Yes I know, I know salary cap and all that but imagine if we could get those two back.

'24 team:

1. Cobbo
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Coates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Mozer/Grant
10. Flegler
11. Fifita
12. Piakura
13. Capewell

14. Mozer/Grant
15. Willison
16. Riki
17. Robati

Don’t want either of them

There likely isn't a premiership window for the current squad without a good 1 and 9.

We get Grant in 23 or Paix keeps coming on as well as he did this year and 23 is definitely a possibility. Gamble is a more than serviceable 6 until Mam is ready and Niu is good enough to play a role until Cobbo is ready. All of which will likely occur by '23. Our gun kid forwards will all be maturing / matured by then.

I give us a chance of making the finals next season. If Reynolds fires for us the window could be open next year.

I give us a chance of making the finals next season. If Reynolds fires for us the window could be open next year.
I think we can make the 8 next year but I don't think we are a realistic chance of winning.

Too hard to predict the window yet because we need several players and positions to have alot more quality, our team is young it could be a slow grind or a little light to make the fire given what we are working with.

We definitely need to hope for the later because of the reynolds signing which would give us the next 2/3 seasons at most.

I would say the most crucial areas are still the same as last year, Fullback and Hooker.

Fullback I think we have to back the players we have but we need to make 100% sure the player we pick at round 1 is the best player for that role which we haven't done for years now.

And Turpin I'm afriad isn't good enough, I know people champion him and he does give his best but he lacks the skill, Levi showed us this and while I thought he was playing back to his Newcastle best Levi is a pretty standard first grade 9 and even still made Turpin look like a QCup hooker in skill.

We probably need to look elsewhere for this or find a diamond, I'm honestly still confused why we didn't resign him and if it's because of Walters kid, I'm having serious doubts on Kevvies ability because Billy will never be at the level of Levi.

I'd like to think we could get our shit together enough to start seriously challenging for a premiership by 2025

'24 team:

1. Cobbo
2. Farnworth
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Coates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. Mozer/Grant
10. Flegler
11. Fifita
12. Piakura
13. Capewell

14. Mozer/Grant
15. Willison
16. Riki
17. Robati

I wouldnt even want coats or fifita as they are not loyal , i believe the 24 team should be
1. cobbo
2. farnwort
3.staggs
4. tesi
5. mariner
6. mam
7 renyolds
8 haas
9 mozer / grant
10. fledger
11 pikura
12. capwell
13 herithgton
14. mozer / grant 15 willision 16 riki 17 robati

I think we'll end a 20 year drought.

2026 premiers. It'll take three finals campaigns to get there.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.