OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

To be honest I thought it would be the Titans going all guns for him.

It make sense particularly with the disappointing Nathan Peats coming off contract at the end of the year. Andrew McCullough may not be a world beater but he will play hard. That's more then you can say with some of the overpaid stiffs that they have at the Titans.

[automerge]1590400726[/automerge]
That does at least make sense, as much as you want talent you also want a healthy culture to grow it with.

The blue and red suits him. Andrew is the Mitchell Pearce of hookers.

Had a chuckle at someone on the Kennel saying that they're not a fan of signing him because of his age and injuries.

I'm not sure he knows who McCullough is ... he has had very few injuries in his career ... maybe that's his problem with McCullough, lol

Last edited:
Between 2009 and 2019 his lowest appearances was in 2017 with 18 games hardly a season plagued with injuries. Every other season in that period was above 20 games, he has never been a player plagued with injuries.

Last edited:
A year ago I had a conversation with @Renegade about the teams that would have Macca if given the chance, Knights and Bulldogs were on that list. Obviously I backed him pretty often on here, but most of that didn't have much to do with his skills and more so the insults and blame he copped not being necessary.

He was absolutely one of the players that had to go this year to make room for God (Obvious hyperbole) and Paix. Credit to Seibold for getting these things done over the last year and a bit. We're losing a lot of dead weight and a lot of players who needed to be moved on and filling those gaps with the right players. Good luck at the Knights and try not to get stabbed at the Doggies. Their fans are going off, but that's nothing new.

A year ago I had a conversation with @Renegade about the teams that would have Macca if given the chance, Knights and Bulldogs were on that list.

Most teams would take a 6 month rental of McCullough if their starting hooker tore his ACL, to be fair..

His next contract will be the interesting one.

Most teams would take a 6 month rental of McCullough if their starting hooker tore his ACL, to be fair.. Brailey is better than McCullough.

His next contract will be the interesting one.
To be fair, there weren’t any rules regarding how or why he’d sign elsewhere in the conversation. He said he wouldn’t have many suitors, I said he would have some.

If the Bulldogs contract is real they are making a mistake. A year or two would be fine considering the lack of hookers around but they aren’t a team that makes good decisions often. Chris Garry has gone all in on this claim, so it would make him look pretty bad if it doesn’t happen. But things change, bro.

Not in the 21 at the Knights and even the Dogs don’t want him.....

Loving it.

Not in the 21 at the Knights and even the Dogs don’t want him.....

Loving it.

What a bizarre attitude. Why would you be celebrating this given that this guy has been beyond selfless towards the club. It's not his fault he was selected if he should or shouldn't have been. Every game he played for us he gave his all and then when it came down to the fact that he could have coasted for 2 years when no longer first choice and pick up a payday at that clubs expense, he moved himself and his family interstate.

Even if you are just a completely selfish person and none of that means anything to you, him not getting into the Knights side and not going to the dogs mean he is more likely to be back here next year.

What a cruel and ridiculous attitude you have.

What a bizarre attitude. Why would you be celebrating this given that this guy has been beyond selfless towards the club. It's not his fault he was selected if he should or shouldn't have been. Every game he played for us he gave his all and then when it came down to the fact that he could have coasted for 2 years when no longer first choice and pick up a payday at that clubs expense, he moved himself and his family interstate.

Even if you are just a completely selfish person and none of that means anything to you, him not getting into the Knights side and not going to the dogs mean he is more likely to be back here next year.

Got to agree with you on this. Like many I found it frustrating watching him play over the last couple of seasons but everything you said here is spot on and he doesn’t deserve that attitude from a supporter of our club.

Exactly right. Couldn't have said it better.

You're the only bloke who could play your position at the club for a lot of years, and you played that position to the absolute best of your ability. Then the club finally pulls its finger out and replaces you, and instead of kicking the can down the street you agree to an early release and pack your bags to move your young family interstate without saying a single negative thing about the club in the process.

Yep, that's definitely the kind of guy I'd be happy to see struggle...

All the best Macca, and congratulations on your career with the Broncs.

I was never really a great fan, but the lad always gave his all and had an impeccable attitude.

I'm not gonna lie, I have been hoping this day would come for some time now. The fella just never kicked on from his early days, never reached that next level.

When he came back from origin he looked like he`d learnt some thing .
Then back to the same old . Super League ?

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Maddy
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.