OFFICIAL Broncos release Andrew McCullough

Given us great service and is a model professional and has had ( along with Boyd and Glenn ) a lot more influence over these young guys than given credit for. All excellent role models for work ethic, how to look after yourself and just go about your business as a footballer. The time is right for him to move on though. He hasnt been performing consistently at the level we need him to for years.

I'd actually say this move has got very little to do with Seibs or White. He would have got an offer from Newcastle which he liked the sound of so we released him. He wouldnt have been kicked out the door when he has another year in his favour he could have taken up. Its clearly a mutual decision.

Paix i'm still not convinced is ready for that back up hooker role. No ISC is seriously going to impact his development i believe, but we are probably going to have to have him on the bench as i just dont see Turpin as an 80 min hooker. Our only other option is probably Glenn to hooker when Turpin needs a break.

He's too good to be a bench player.

Hopefully turpin lives up to the hype, he's only been serviceable so far.

New rules favour good dummy halves. Macca might be a good person but he’s a shit dummy half.

Good riddance to a bloke who has been stealing a salary for nearly a decade.

Could Dearden come in as the bench sub? His defense seems good enough.

He's good defensively on the edges, doesn't have the size to come on and defend in the middle. Would be better for his development playing 80 in the halves in QCUP.

Paix is a unit and has been training / playing 9 on and off for the last 18 months, he should be the utility.

You can easily argue against the popular opinion that he has a stellar work ethic. In games sure he does, he makes a lot of tackles which is great. But this is a 260 game player that has made literally no strides in his kicking or passing game in that time. He still has ZERO creative vision and maybe you can’t learn that. I am however certain, in a 12 year football career you can learn to pass a ball to the mans chest and it seems like he just hasn’t bothered.

He's good defensively on the edges, doesn't have the size to come on and defend in the middle. Would be better for his development playing 80 in the halves in QCUP.

Paix is a unit and has been training / playing 9 on and off for the last 18 months, he should be the utility.

View attachment 7864

He hasn't been overly impressive at the Phins when he has been at nine. I know he probably acknowledges it's his best option to crack the 17 right now, but I don't believe he genuinely wants to be a hooker. Maybe in time that will change

Well done to McCullough for a great career with the Broncs. He's not the first quality player to find himself a square peg in a round hole. It happens to the best. Think Wally!

Is there any news on Segearo?

This is a strange one though. The Knights have signed him for this season to cover for Brayley‘s ACL. Macca had an option for next year here. Is this going to be another Kahu situation?
Oh well if it is. Means we can sign someone else on a one year deal [emoji6]

Or another player who will take Boyd's money next year

I wonder what this means for the 17 moving forward. Anyone have any ideas on what’s happening with Paix?
I thought seibs had made it pretty clear that turps wasn’t yet an 80min player. It’ll be interesting to see who comes in to help turps or comes into that utility role. I reckon Herbie would go alright out of dummy half for 20 or so minutes. Defensively not sure if he’d be up for it though.
He will likely play some games from the bench this year

Thank ****. I thought the day would never come.

Thanks for your service but he should have been out the door about 3 contracts ago.
..... You're thanking him for his service..?
What a poor choice of words [emoji28]

I think Staggs could do a Berrigan at hooker for us if needed. Means a shuffle in the backline which I’m not a fan of though.
I actually like this .. we have herbie, Coates, Arthars.. all fighting hard for spots.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • ivanhungryjak
  • LGH
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • heartly87
  • leon.bott
  • Manifesto
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.