Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fucking incredible that there are still no signings, like this is an all new level of incompetence that I just didn't think was possible. In a weird sort of way I am actually impressed.

who out of the available players would you chase ...

I would argue that none of them would be an improvement on our team and would simply be signing someone for the sake of signing someone

Storm has pranked us with CEO, Smith, and Bellamy all in one go. The ultimate laugh.

I'm pretty sure their CEO has signed (or will sign) with us.

you don't leave your highly paid post at the current premier rugby league club to go on the dole

I would argue that none of them would be an improvement on our team and would simply be signing someone for the sake of signing someone
Asiata, Sua and Allan, that would be a nice start.

Asiata, Sua and Allan, that would be a nice start.

Su'a isn't available

there is a good chance we've signed Asiata (but haven't announced it yet)

Allen has said he has no interest in leaving Souths despite being given permission to. he might be gettable, but i get the feeling only if we paid significant overs. and IMO, he isn't the type of fullback you go all in on

Su'a isn't available
Doesn't his contract at the end of 2021? We could sign him now at least for 2022 and hope for a release. Even if we can't get him next year don't you think some hope for 2022 would be nice?
there is a good chance we've signed Asiata (but haven't announced it yet)
Why hasn't been announced? What's the hold up? Literally what in the **** are these clowns waiting for.
Allen has said he has no interest in leaving Souths despite being given permission to. he might be gettable, but i get the feeling only if we paid significant overs. and IMO, he isn't the type of fullback you go all in on
Beggars can't be choosers.

Again? It’s the NRL. Every single player is available

If this club is waiting / delaying making signings based on the decision of Cam Smith, who time and again has yanked our chain and led us along and played us for fools... then we as a club are dumber than I thought. The bloke was openly taking shots at us just a few days ago, saying he wouldn't sign with us even in an 'alternate universe'... We should be looking to the future for players who want to be here If we miss out on recruits for next year because we have hung ourselves up on potentially ONE year of cam smith, that's a disgrace and the board should immediately be terminated on medical grounds because they clearly have IQ's which make them unfit to hold a professional position at a listed company.

Now, on the flip side, if the club is waiting / delaying making signings and disallowing the incoming coach to make decisions because they are awaiting the results of arbitrary external reviews designed to do nothing but cover themselves and save their own skins, then they should also be terminated... but not in a professional way, more like the way Arnie terminates people in T2.

HUSTA LA VISTA... MORRIS.

what happens when you are offered ridiculous overs, to become equal highest paid player in the game (highest paid forward in the history of rugby league)

he is even on a decent amount more than JT2 and if i'm choosing between them, i don't choose Fifita
Of course you take the overs however I am of the belief he should have been signed up well before it got to the ridiculous stage. They sorted Haas early in the piece and should have followed with David. Not rocket science for those entrusted to do such things.

Of course you take the overs however I am of the belief he should have been signed up well before it got to the ridiculous stage. They sorted Haas early in the piece and should have followed with David. Not rocket science for those entrusted to do such things.

we can't force him to sign a contract ... if we made any mistake here it was not pulling our offer sooner.

that way he would have been forced to play on the coast without the massive pay packet to console him

Last edited:
Apparently Joe O has stopped following us on Insta and started following the tigers. No idea if it is true but someone on a Facebook group said it and confirming would be using more effort than the Broncos admin team have over the last few years so I can’t be fucked.

Apparently Joe O has stopped following us on Insta and started following the tigers. No idea if it is true but someone on a Facebook group said it and confirming would be using more effort than the Broncos admin team have over the last few years so I can’t be fucked.
Can confirm. **** yeah.

I'm really not a fan of releasing players if we don't actually have decent replacements lined up. Ofa hasn't been great, but better than having more rookies.

Im reasonably comfortable with us not signing anyone because I want us to sign the right player, not just sign any player. I dont think the market currently has the right players.
While I'm in your boat, I think there is such a thing as playing too coy and trying to be too perfect. The perfect signing pretty much doesn't exist, it's how you fit into the system.

on a side note: it's amazing to me how similar the parallels are between manchester united and the broncos.

Last edited:
I'm really not a fan of releasing players if we don't actually have decent replacements lined up. Ofa hasn't been great, but better than having more rookies.

Nah, byebye. I'm very happy to let him be the Tigers problem. He has been here long enough and delivered mediocre to useless performances enough times for me to think he's very likely one of the "problem children" just like Roberts that we need to be rid of.

We're clearly clearing the decks for someone, the question is who obviously, because I highly doubt it's anyone but cheap depth signings this off season. The problem is I do not trust this club in its current state to know the difference between a cheap depth signing and a marquee big money signing.

Last edited:
It's enough to make you cry. The biggest issue for us ever turning this around is that the Broncos make money by just existing. The only way they would change things would be if they started making a loss because it is all they care about but unfortunately it just won't happen. I legitimately think we are looking at being bottom 4 best case scenario for at least the next 5 years.
No offense intended but **** me dead! You can work yourself up into a lather can't you🤣
I mean, based on zero information you've convinced yourself that absolutely nothing is happening behind the scenes, everyone's chilling and playing PlayStation, Xbox!!

Extending that state in your mind until we become 12th-16th for the next five years!!!

All based on zero. I reassure you, we won't see bottom 4 while I continue to live. Even next year we'll go okay, we'll make the eight but will exit first or with great luck, second weekend of the finals. It's going to be okay, shhhhhh, there there shhhhhh👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Ondi
  • HVbronco
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Maroon4life
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.