Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
Actually, I suggest you not to jump the gun cause I did not intend to reply to you

Errrmmm, i didnt jump the gun. I replied to your post. You could have easily corrected yourself way before i posted

winslow_wong

International Rep
bris
If we did sign Gagai and used a predominantly maroon jersey all year, that might lead to getting is best every week wouldn't it?

Like these ones?

Dazza 92

NRL Player
id rather we announce we have resigned the guys we have here first like Dearden rather than speculate on signing other clubs players...

But then agin ive been called a spoilsport before too...:happy:

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Edit: Quoted a removed post

Last edited by a moderator:

upthebroncs

NRL Player
If we did sign Gagai and used a predominantly maroon jersey all year, that might lead to getting is best every week wouldn't it?
I miss the days when the Broncos jersey had the same effect on players as the maroons jersey.

I think Gagai probably remembers how much the Broncos jersey means. I'd really love him to finish his career here.

At least you know that he is going to give it his all. The guy has heart.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
It might be an idea to have a player suggestion thread instead of bumping this thread up all the time and getting fans hopes up? Also if a rumour goes any significant traction (let's say 10+ posts) it can be split off into its own thread.

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep
It might be an idea to have a player suggestion thread instead of bumping this thread up all the time and getting fans hopes up? Also if a rumour goes any significant traction (let's say 10+ posts) it can be split off into its own thread.
You actually got my hopes up for a signing with this post lol.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
This thread is to discuss signings you would like to see, and roster changes we should make.

Any signing news/rumours with an actual source should be posted here - https://broncoshq.com/threads/broncos-player-movement-and-rumours-2021.42371/page-101#post-3193668 - That thread should only be bumped if there's a player signing/rumour with a source you can link.

Anything that does not have a source, wishful thinking, or simply discussing what roster changes we should make should be made here.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
What are some of the names that have been tossed around?

Corey Allan
Dane Gagai
Aiden Tolman
Dean Whare
Josh Mansour
Brent Naden
Nixon Putt
Jaydn Su'A
Kurt Capewell
Delouise Hoeter
Marion Seve
Kurtis Rowe
John Asiata
Harry Grant
Cameron Smith
Brendon Smith
Jordan Grant

Who else?

Last edited:

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What are some of the names that have been tossed around?

Corey Allan
Dane Gagai
Aiden Tolman
Dean Whare
Josh Mansour
Brent Naden
Nixon Putt
Jaydn Su'A
Kurt Capewell
Delouise Hoeter
Marion Seve
Kurtis Rowe
John Asiata
Harry Grant
Cameron Smith
Brendon Smith
Jordan Grant

Who else?
I'll throw Addo-Carr into the wishful thinking list.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah Addo-Carr who supposedly has family up here. Incredibly unlikely, especially since it seems like he could stay in Melbourne for another year since the only club putting any decent offers are the Tigers.

I called for Alvaro and Blacker. Both former Broncos, Blacker came through the same team as Haas, Carrigan and Flegler but was whisked away by a better offer from the Dragons. If Hook is still after Ofahengaue, I wouldn't be against trading for him, he's ready for first grade and the Broncos need to sort their rotation out. Alvaro is just the type of prop forward the club needs, a Bryce Gibbs style defensive player who can help shore up the ruck. Thought he made a nice difference for the Warriors when he went over there as well.

McGrady is one player I'd be keen to get a closer look at. Came through the Tweed Heads system before him and his brother both got signed by Penrith. Scored a few good tries in the NSW Cup and was looking like a top prospect before a serious injury ended his season prematurely. He spent the majority of the season recovering from it and couldn't break into that Panthers line-up. At a 198cm and his try scoring record, he's one of those blue chip prospects I'd be enquiring about.

Of the Queensland Cup players, I'd be keen to give BJ Aufaga-Toomaga another train and trial deal. He came through the Sharks system as a centre and was one of the better-attacking players in the NYC before actually standing out for the Capras alongside Pene who just made his debut for Melbourne not that long ago. He's currently signed with the Dolphins who are now a Warriors affiliate, but I'm not sure if the Broncos arranged that or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liyan443

Members online

Twitter