Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spent a whole bunch of 2020/2021 cap paying to get rid of fuckwits and now people are wanting to recruit another one. What are you thinking??

Hard pass on Elliott. The culture is on the rise in a big way in Brisbane.

Just a thought really, I heard Raiders might look to offload some senior players (Croker, Lui, James, Hodgson...)if this was the case does Hodgson come back as someone we target, especially the way we were linked/chasing him at the initial stages, and Raiders said no, but now they could get rid of Hodgson.

Just a thought, idk if we need him

Yeh, it’s not so much the ability to sack Elliot if (when?) he goes off the rails again that worries me, it’s more that by that stage, what damage has been done?

By that I mean that, if he signs with us, he will naturally become very close with a few of his new teammates.

So by the time his contract is terminated, who of our young guns has he contaminated with his wanker attitude?

If we were the 2000’s Broncos, or even the mid 2010’s it’d be far less of a risk, but not with the bunch of kids we have, the same kids who have had **** all to celebrate over the last few years, and not much in the area of leaders to look up to.

Let the Roosters sign him for tree-fiddy.

Yeh, it’s not so much the ability to sack Elliot if (when?) he goes off the rails again that worries me, it’s more that by that stage, what damage has been done?

By that I mean that, if he signs with us, he will naturally become very close with a few of his new teammates.

So by the time his contract is terminated, who of our young guns has he contaminated with his wanker attitude?

If we were the 2000 Broncos, or even the mid 2010’s it’d be far less of a risk, but not with the bunch of kids we have, the same kids who have had **** all to celebrate over the last few years, and not much in the area of leaders to look up to.

Let the Roosters sign him for tree-fiddy.
Exactly
He would be latching onto the single players that don't have families.
One player that comes to mind straight away is Kotoni who is known to be a bit of a dick on the piss himself. If elliott comes and ***** up on the piss with staggs you have to sack them both.
With social media gone are the days when things can get swept under the rug easily.

Its a hard no on Elliott no matter how good on the field he may be.

Just a thought really, I heard Raiders might look to offload some senior players (Croker, Lui, James, Hodgson...)if this was the case does Hodgson come back as someone we target, especially the way we were linked/chasing him at the initial stages, and Raiders said no, but now they could get rid of Hodgson.

Just a thought, idk if we need him
He appears to have struggled a little for form. Vlandys ball tends to favour quick, running hookers with quick service and he is still trying to adjust.

Hodgson excelled where the hooker was a tactical hooker who could control the tempo of the game.

I still think he has some worth in today's game (I think there will be some changes in the current 6 agains in the next couple years), and he would be a very good mentor who could teach upcoming hookers that tactical game to incorporate into their running game (similar to what grant has got going for him who appears to have both a running game and tactical game).

I would not be investing over 350-400k a year for him though particularly given paix seems to be improving.

Track record aside, am I the only one who thinks Elliot is just fucking shit as an actual nrl player?
Here here.

He's in that Jazz Tevaga mould where you can never doubt his effort but he's such an ordinary player.

I can't see him at Souths either. He's awful on an edge, atleast in the middle he has his moments between all the brain fades.

I could see him at the Tigers.

Here here.

He's in that Jazz Tevaga mould where you can never doubt his effort but he's such an ordinary player.

I can't see him at Souths either. He's awful on an edge, atleast in the middle he has his moments between all the brain fades.

I could see him at the Tigers.
I can definitely see him at the tigers, they'll throw him a pay packet because they need to get some sort of win in the player market.

I think on an edge he just becomes that guy who gets it flat footed and then forces it too much, but he does have an offload and things seem to happen around him.

I can definitely see him at the tigers, they'll throw him a pay packet because they need to get some sort of win in the player market.

I think on an edge he just becomes that guy who gets it flat footed and then forces it too much, but he does have an offload and things seems to happen around him.
Seen an article earlier Madge and the tigers are interested in him and Curtis Scott.
If Madge remains coach he will probably be playing at the tigers

Seen an article earlier Madge and the tigers are interested in him and Curtis Scott.
If Madge remains coach he will probably be playing at the tigers
Elliot, Curtis Scott, James Roberts and BJ Leilua
Mind Reaction GIF

I went to school with Curtis Scott and played at endeavour sports high in the rugby league program aswell. Curtis is a good person just has a fiery temper. He was never the most talented but he worked extremely hard. One of the hardest trainers I have ever seen. When he went to storm even Bellamy credited him his debut based on how hard he works. I’d have him at the broncos to be honest.

I can understand that not many people watch Dogs games, so it's easy to form an opinion based on the occasional viewing. But as I said, Elliott was one of the form locks in the NRL last season when healthy, the numbers support that assertion.

Still not sure why Barrett moved him to an edge, very strange decision.

I can understand that not many people watch Dogs games, so it's easy to form an opinion based on the occasional viewing. But as I said, Elliott was one of the form locks in the NRL last season when healthy, the numbers support that assertion.

Still not sure why Barrett moved him to an edge, very strange decision.
He’s entirely average.

I went to school with Curtis Scott and played at endeavour sports high in the rugby league program aswell. Curtis is a good person just has a fiery temper. He was never the most talented but he worked extremely hard. One of the hardest trainers I have ever seen. When he went to storm even Bellamy credited him his debut based on how hard he works. I’d have him at the broncos to be honest.

I don't think anyone questions his work ethic or ability ... it's what happens when he is off the field and on the piss that's the issue.

Him and Staggs going out together could be disastrous for us

He’s entirely average.

It won't be true even if you keep saying it, because statistics exist.

If you want to see average, check out Hetherington's numbers when starting at lock this season. It's been one of my biggest points of confusion this season, the amount of praise and hype that Hetherington gets. He's strong defensively, there's no denying that. He's also good at being in the right place at the right time on occasion. But in terms of every other aspect, he's about as bog average as you can be as a starting 13. Low work rate, terrible post-contact metres, literally didn't throw an offload this season, no ball-playing to speak of, busted 9 tackles in 14 games.

Can one of his fans explain why they think he's so good? Is it simply that he hits hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.