Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL to Dearden. This move could stunt his career.

tenor.gif

If anything, it will likely be good for his career. He is not NRL ready and is probably a season or two away, smart stuff by the Cows, Payten is impressing me again.

Dearden might be used in a 14 role, but I doubt it with them having Cotter there. Tbf, Payten did say he was going there to replace Clifford, who is their backup half anyway.

Holmes drinkwater dearden and townsend
Someone’s playing reggies

Tell you what, if Dearden and Townsend are going to be the halves, then I wouldn't mind us having a shot at Holmes. Drinkwater will likely be fullback if those two are the halves pushing Holmes to the wing, which he doesn't want.

Tell you what, if Dearden and Townsend are going to be the halves, then I wouldn't mind us having a shot at Holmes. Drinkwater will likely be fullback if those two are the halves pushing Holmes to the wing, which he doesn't want.

Drinkwater also wants to play in the halves, not fullback.

I can't see them pushing a guy on a million a season to the wing for too long

It's going to be tough to get Holmes to move without significant incentive.

I think the reason he went up north in the first place had something to do with his family. His wife now has an established business up there.

The only way he'd walk away from that deal is if we offer more money. Quite frankly I'd rather we didn't spend 1mil+ on Holmes when we desperately need other spine positions.

This is what Reynolds reportedly told the SMH about the possibility of moving interstate

“It would be daunting but exciting at the same time,” he said.

🤔

This part of the Badel article caught my eye. Makes me think we've already made a deal with somebody.

Drinkwater re-signed with cowboys. Holmes has been playing well at fullback lately. I bet Dearden doesn’t make their team next year.

This is what Reynolds reportedly told the SMH about the possibility of moving interstate

“It would be daunting but exciting at the same time,” he said.

🤔
I doubt anyone can read too much into that. It's basically the textbook perfect thing to say when you're in the middle of negotiations with more than one party that you want to keep interested.

The moment he publicly goes on record as writing off a move to Brisbane, he has basically zero leverage to encourage the likes of the Sharks to panic and increase their offer.

I doubt anyone can read too much into that. It's basically the textbook perfect thing to say when you're in the middle of negotiations with more than one party that you want to keep interested.

The moment he publicly goes on record as writing off a move to Brisbane, he has basically zero leverage to encourage the likes of the Sharks to panic and increase their offer.
Yeah, that’s the concern for us, that we are being kept on the hook as leverage. I would hope we could distinguish it from genuine interest.

Yeah, that’s the concern for us, that we are being kept on the hook as leverage. I would hope we could distinguish it from genuine interest.

You have more faith in our recruitment team than I.

I'd say this is incredibly likely to be the case. I doubt we're he's preferred option and will need to significantly outbid interest from Sydney clubs - or be used as leverage for getting one of them to panic and bump up their offer at the last minute.

I thought we were absolutely no chance with A.Rey however, I am starting to think we might be in with a shot (or his manager is doing a good job..)
I still think he’s odds on to stay in Syd, but maybe DD and Kev are starting to sell it to him.
The fact that we met with Drinkwater’s management but didn’t make an offer tells me something big is in the works.
I don’t think if we were going for Sezer or Widdop that would impact on the signing of Drinkwater.
Flobbo said on radio yesterday that signings were coming pretty soon.
If we lock down Staggs and lure the likes of Capewell and A.Rey 2022 would be looking very nice.

It's going to be tough to get Holmes to move without significant incentive.

I think the reason he went up north in the first place had something to do with his family. His wife now has an established business up there.

The only way he'd walk away from that deal is if we offer more money. Quite frankly I'd rather we didn't spend 1mil+ on Holmes when we desperately need other spine positions.
His wife & Morgans wife are sisters & have a business together. She's also expecting, so imagine she would not like to be leaving the support structure. Apparently the sisters are very close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Hurrijo
  • Dash
  • Lostboy
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • dasherhalo
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • lynx000
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.