Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Great shots but about 2/3 of those are penalties or sin bins in the modern game. So much head contact and shoulder charges.
Being conservative i counted about 11 of them in that highlights package. Several of those likely to be a minimum two week suspension.

So with napa you either get a pillow or at his best a penalty/suspension magnet.

Its a pass from me.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I really think that,
Woods would be happy to play for Broncos. Roosters, Tigers and Dragons talking dollars with him currently.

Of course he'd be happy because talking with 4 clubs pushes his dollar value up.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Woods would be happy to play for Broncos. Roosters, Tigers and Dragons talking dollars with him currently.

The Tigpies can have him back. Good luck to them.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Maybe Corey Parker could do a Tony Carroll and come back for a season haha

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Ryan James on 2 week loan to the dogs gets a starting spot this week.
Man the dogs are so here and now thinking.... they need good players, buy, buy, buy don't think about what they bring to the culture, but heaps in areas we don't really need as long as they have a good highlights package!
Now they waste cap space on a prop when their season is OVER. They could play a second rower there and save that money to front load a purchase for next year....

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Man the dogs are so here and now thinking.... they need good players, buy, buy, buy don't think about what they bring to the culture, but heaps in areas we don't really need as long as they have a good highlights package!
Now they waste cap space on a prop when their season is OVER. They could play a second rower there and save that money to front load a purchase for next year....

Ryan James would be a positive for club culture.

not to mention that it helps us as it gives us a chance to get a good look at what he currently brings on the field, hopefully he starts for the rest of the season at the Bulldogs.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014

They've recruited really well no doubt about it but for me Trent Barrett is very much coaching for his career here, he's been in and out of a few systems with excuses as to why the team couldn't get any better but heading into next year given he's been on a spending spree.. there's no excuses

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Ryan James would be a positive for club culture.

not to mention that it helps us as it gives us a chance to get a good look at what he currently brings on the field, hopefully he starts for the rest of the season at the Bulldogs.
It’s a 2 week loan to cover suspensions and injuries.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
What the **** is going on with these short term loans??

How are player movements still happening. I thought the deadline was August... this 'competition' is a fucking joke
I assume Ricky wants to give his forwards some game time going into finals.

I also assume Trent Barrett wants to win some games going into the end of the season.

It makes sense for both teams I guess.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Alrighty, I will have a think for an alternative.

I have brought up the potential of signing Leeson Ah Mau..

Dunamis Lui and Ah Mau I'd be happy with..

Other off contract options from Super League..

• Ligi Sao
  • Rhyse Martin
  • Pauli Pauli
  • Sitaleki Akauola
  • King Vuniyayawa

Noone you'd exactly build a club around but they could supplement the team well.

Far out, you resent being called "that guy" and then you pull these names out.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I assume Ricky wants to give his forwards some game time going into finals.

I also assume Trent Barrett wants to win some games going into the end of the season.

It makes sense for both teams I guess.
My comment is not so much about the teams or players moving around for their needs it's about how the competition is still allowing players to move around 4 weeks out from the finals.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Porthoz
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.