Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
i actually wouldn't be against Mann at the right price ... very versatile, and wasn't too bad for the Knights this year.

although, i'm not sure why he would come to us, I don't see a spot in our 17 for him when we're at full strength
I'd say he solves our left center issue, which is currently ear marked for Copley or in the future goes to either Coates or Staggs moving from their favoured right side.

Pretty sure he's left handed or I think I've seen him kick with his left anyway. That usually lends itself to a left hand carry, which is suited for a left center.

I think a lot of us, or maybe it was just me, were suggesting Mann to jump into left center for origin, and he probably would've, but took personal leave with his mum's health and rightly wanted out of the bubble.

Kurt Mann is again being discussed in the rumour thread.

I think he would be a good acquisition for Kev. A very versatile player but I think he could hold down a centre spot for most the season and wouldn’t let you down. However he is probably most useful off the bench. Between him and Asiata we have every possible position covered if injury strikes. He can also relieve at hooker quite well if injury doesn’t strike. On top of that, i think he would match the no thrills professionals recruiting strategy that Kev seems to be implementing.

1. Isaako
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Copley / Staggs
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Asiata

14. Mann
15. Oates / Riki
16. Carrigan
17. Flegler

I'm not sure a random person on Facebook is much of a source.

I could literally make the same post.

Mann wouldn't be leaving the Knights to be a bench utility, if he came here, I think it'll be as our permanent left centre.

(Coincidentally, this is also his greatest chance to crack the QLD side, so it's doubly beneficial for him)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Mann
4. Staggs*
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Oates
16. Lodge
17. Flegler

* = Niu until Staggs returns

Mann wouldn't be leaving the Knights to be a bench utility, if he came here, I think it'll be as our permanent left centre.

(Coincidentally, this is also his greatest chance to crack the QLD side, so it's doubly beneficial for him)

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Mann
4. Staggs*
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Oates
16. Lodge
17. Flegler

You giving Niu the sack after Staggs is back?

You giving Niu the sack after Staggs is back?

Yeah, unless Isaako is massively underperforming at fullback. Or if Niu takes the leap over the off-season and becomes one of the first players picked, in that case I'd probably just ease Staggs in off the bench.

The Niu vs Staggs battle at right centre has long-term ramifications, it's very likely we're going to have to pick one of them to lock in towards the end of this season to a big contract, and let the other one walk.

I actually reckon he’d lean towards us we have a lot of younger players and that large kiwi and islander aspect would really appeal to him... also it’s believed his family live and are moving to Brisbane which is a great aspect... also I believe that his character is probably better suited at our club with the likes of kevvie and alfie
In that case We'd have to try and get him and put Turpin on the bench, honestly could transform our attack.

1. Isaako
2. Farnworth
3. Mann
4. Staggs*
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. McCullough
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Pangai Jr
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Oates
16. Lodge
17. Flegler

I understand that we are moving Oates to second row but he shouldn’t be just chucked in cause of his status... in my eyes it would be bloody hard for Oates to be be better or more beneficial for our side than Riki

apart from that sides looking nice

Hard to tell how close Glenn is to the end. Considering he is nearly 33 and is coming back from injuries which kept him to 8 games last year, wouldn't be surprised if Oates and Riki end up our 2nd rowers with Palasia in the mix as well.

After this season I think Staggs will be moved to either fullback or 5/8 so Niu and Mann could be a long term centre pairing.

After this season I think Staggs will be moved to either fullback or 5/8 so Niu and Mann could be a long term centre pairing.
Also if Staggs signs elsewhere and Niu is playing well, you simply bring Staggs in as a second row benchy. No doubt one of our 2nd towers will be injured by then.

DOBBO reporting Dragons chasing Macca with 3yr contract. Broncos have said no.
if true, it confirms we won’t be getting B.Smith.
I thought the club would have been all for it, unless it was another deal where we pay 80% of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Organix
  • Matheos
  • BroncosAlways
  • BruiserMk1
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.