Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is how I would compare the likely best 17 from players available for dogs vs broncos.

From the below I have broncos 12 to dogs 5

FullbackAllanNiu/IsaakoDogs (but potential to lose that if Niu comes good)
WingDWZHerbieBroncos
Left CenterHopoateCopleyDogs
Right CenterCotricStaggs (Coates whilst Staggs injured)Broncos (at full strength)
WingOkunborCoates (Isaako whilst Staggs injured)Broncos
Five-EightWakeham or Lewis??MilfBroncos
HalfbackFlanniganDeardenBroncos
PropNapa (lol)LodgeBroncos
HookerMarshall-King??TurpinBroncos
PropLuke ThompsonHaasBroncos
Second RowJosh JacksonGlennDogs (because Jackson … but it's probably pretty even)
Second RowRFMRikiDogs (RFM goes alright and Riki is an unknown and could surpass him)
LockAdam ElliottAsiataDogs (Asiata a bit of an unknown, but could surpass him)
UtilitySione Katoa (lol)Macca/PaixBroncos
MiddleStimson??CarriganBroncos
MiddleHetheringtonTPJBroncos
Utility ForwardBritt/ Waddell/ To'omaga/ Ofahiki/ Some other random they already had last yearFlegler/ Oates/ Bullemor/ TeoBroncos

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hetherington cement a starting spot if he has a strong start to the year, really solid player. Just needs to work on his discipline a little more, but what's new.

Is Hunt a true running 9 in the mold of Damien Cook or Korisau (is that how you spell it?)...

Cause i reckon he isnt, and in the 6-again era, i would close my wallet and let that bullett fly by thanx..

Spend that money on Tom Starling if your desperate to spew contracts out there...

I know Teo is old and was ordinary last year, lets not forget he came in to the side late and needed to get up to speed in the NRL again.

That said, at his best (and yes I know he is past that) he was miles ahead of Glenn, would you start Teo over Glenn or even have him on the bench instead of Glenn with a preseason under his belt?

I know Teo is old and was ordinary last year, lets not forget he came in to the side late and needed to get up to speed in the NRL again.

That said, at his best (and yes I know he is past that) he was miles ahead of Glenn, would you start Teo over Glenn or even have him on the bench instead of Glenn with a preseason under his belt?
Fair points and to be honest I am reserving judgement on nearly the whole team until this year. Seiboldy created such a monumental clusterfuck that I don't know how much the players can be blamed.

It just reaffirms that 2020 was the worst possible year to win a wooden spoon. The limitations in the market place make it difficult to make the necessary changes to the point where the Broncos have to stick with the devil they know. Hopefully, you're right Sproj and a proper pre-season does him the world of good and makes him a viable depth option, otherwise, it's just another spot they've given away.

I also think you're being rough on Glenn. The Broncos had one of the most lethal edge combinations in 2012 with Glenn, Te'o and Gillett all in great form. Throw in Sam Thaiday who was a fixture in the Australia team and it was the one area where very few teams could compete with the Broncos. After 2012 Glenn's form dipped more noticeably while Te'o became less enigmatic but also less impactful.

We mustn't be far off our top 30 now. I've got 4 spots left between these guys, but there are probably more I'm unaware of.

Riki (he's featured heavily on the Broncos website lately, wouldn't be surprised if he's already been upgraded to top 30)
Bullemor (had a development contract for 2021 according to nrl.com, but may have been upgraded, listed on Broncos website)
Kennar (listed on Broncos website)
Hetherington (listed on Broncos website)
Piakura
Kelly (not sure if he's returned after being sent to Souths Logan)
Luke (is he still training with us?)
Isaiah Tass (on a new development contract, doubt he'd be upgraded to top squad so soon)

EDIT: Forgot to add Callum Gahan, Brendan Frei and Ben Nakubuwai who Big Pete mentioned had been spotted training this pre-season

Last edited:
Paix isn't ready. Luke should retire. Macca is definitely better than both of those.
The only way I'd agree to his early release is if it freed up funds for a signing to improve our squad this year.

We need to learn from the good clubs. No releases if there's nothing in it for us.
I think Paix is ready. It think Turpin is our number 1. For the money Macca is on I would be glad if someone took him.

Thought there was still a few places left
If you include all 26 players on the Broncos website and add Ben Te'o, David Mead, John Asiata and Tyson Gamble. It's 30.

Gamble has yet to be officially confirmed and both Bullemor and Hetherington could be on development deals. I expect Gamble and Bullemor to be in the NRL squad, leaving the Broncos with 1 spot.

If you include all 26 players on the Broncos website and add Ben Te'o, David Mead, John Asiata and Tyson Gamble. It's 30.

Gamble has yet to be officially confirmed and both Bullemor and Hetherington could be on development deals. I expect Gamble and Bullemor to be in the NRL squad, leaving the Broncos with 1 spot.
Hoping both Bullemor and Gamble hang in.

Arguably the worst top 30 ever assembled for the Broncos going into a fresh season. I really feel for Kev. He's been dealt a 2/7 hand for his first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Griffo
  • BroncoFan94
  • K-Style
  • achievedrap
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
... and 38 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.