Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone believe this is actually going to happen?
Right now I do, but it depends how Croft/Dearden perform as a combination for the next 4-8 weeks. If they're killing it, no.

Below average players don't play NRL for years, and coaches like Bennett and Bellamy think very highly of him. I think I'll trust their judgement over a kid on a message board. And I'll guarantee you Tommy won't be moving to England.

He's a lot better than a lot of people on here give him credit for. He knows how to organise players and defend at center, he is an excellent communicator, and he does all 1 percenters. If it wasn't for him chasing a lost cause in round 1, we best Parramatta. That's kind of effort we need week in week out and he brings it every week.

He's just one of those players who helps others play better and just does his job, but he won't ever get the credit he deserves from some Just because he isn't a superstar.
BookHaki is a poor judge and you just know must be very young and immature. It shows in the absolute declarations of certainty he makes concerning the various merits of individual players. Unequivocal, player x is shit.

Opacic is a no brainer. He’s experienced, he’d be pretty cheap, he loves the club and more importantly, he is good defensively at excellent at putting in extra efforts. With Staggs moving to 6 and maybe Herbie to 1, we need a centre or two and Opacic is exactly what is needed. We don’t need and can’t afford superstars in every position and outside the 17, we aren’t the Roosters.

This looks good for 22:

1. Herbie/Hammer/Niu/Cobbo/Isaako
2. Coates
3. Opacic
4. Herbie/Niu/Hammer/Cobbo/Isaako
5. Oates
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds/Croft/DCE
8. Lui
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Haas

14. Paix/Hetherington
15. Carrigan
16. Bullemor
17. Piakura/Flegler

18. Flegler/Piakura

This side is starting to take shape. It isn’t a finished product as there are still issues in the spine but it is looking a lot better.
TPJ?

Forgotten. I mean seriously, I always forget someone. He’d be in the second row or bench or even lock if we decide our current experienced / good enough forwards in Lodge, Haas, Carrigan and TPJ wants to actually perform week in, week out now. If so, we don’t need Lui.

I'm liking TPJ in the 2nd row. He can be effective in both positions, its hard to say where he'll be better on any given day, but at least the Broncos don't have to use half of their interchanges on him when he's on the edge.

I'm liking TPJ in the 2nd row. He can be effective in both positions, its hard to say where he'll be better on any given day, but at least the Broncos don't have to use half of their interchanges on him when he's on the edge.
TPJ has pleasantly surprised me this season. His discipline has been first class. He had his best game against the Panthers.

I'd read he was back a couple of weeks ago (sooner than expected) and took him out of the casualty list. He's not listed for the Devils this weekend so I don't know what's going on. If anyone has new info that says he's still out please edit the opening post of the casualty thread.
Righto, thanks for that.👍

I thought Isaako had his best game at 1 against Penrith.

And sure, he could absolutely do a few things better than he did the other night, but all in all, I was pretty impressed with his performance.

If he could stay on that trajectory, he could prove a lot of us wrong, including me.
He’s lost all his hype value he has played to much without enough to give him a big contract

Opacic is a no brainer. He’s experienced, he’d be pretty cheap, he loves the club and more importantly, he is good defensively at excellent at putting in extra efforts. With Staggs moving to 6 and maybe Herbie to 1, we need a centre or two and Opacic is exactly what is needed. We don’t need and can’t afford superstars in every position and outside the 17, we aren’t the Roosters.

This looks good for 22:

1. Herbie/Hammer/Niu/Cobbo/Isaako
2. Coates
3. Opacic
4. Herbie/Niu/Hammer/Cobbo/Isaako
5. Oates
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds/Croft/DCE
8. Lui
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Haas

14. Paix/Hetherington
15. Carrigan
16. Bullemor
17. Piakura/Flegler

18. Flegler/Piakura

This side is starting to take shape. It isn’t a finished product as there are still issues in the spine but it is looking a lot better.
How about be realistic and get rid of dce’s name and move haas back to prop

Not hard when we have about 15 off contract or with player options but that’s not as dramatic.

Milford
Glenn
Copley
Mead
Teo
Kennar
Palasia
Asiata

Not saying that there aren’t a few on contract players that he is moving on but 8 isn’t exactly that spicy of gossip considering the amount off contract.
It's Milford, Glenn and Te'os last year that's for sure. 1.7 million there. How long did we get Copely for?

Brent Read says several player managers have told him the Broncos are trying to release up to eight players to free up cap space. Sounds like that includes some players who will be under contract in 2022.
I love the way journos use “up to” - so it could be one.

It's Milford, Glenn and Te'os last year that's for sure. 1.7 million there. How long did we get Copely for?
1 year I think. Pretty sure all this years inclusions were 1 year.

Something that’s failed to be mentioned so far from that Brent read report is that we are looking to offload one of Haas, TPJ, Lodge and Flegler cause there on so much money... but I’m sssuming they are looking at getting rid of lodge or flegler, but **** I hope to go they get rid of flegler

Something that’s failed to be mentioned so far from that Brent read report is that we are looking to offload one of Haas, TPJ, Lodge and Flegler cause there on so much money... but I’m sssuming they are looking at getting rid of lodge or flegler, but **** I hope to go they get rid of flegler
2.3 million between them. If we start winning it'd be unlikely they'd want any of them gone quickly. It'd be Lodge if any as they must have Haas and TPJ as 'must keeps' and Flegler is young and seen as having great potential after maturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Santa
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.