Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't think he will leave the Warriors.

Why would he settle for being a back up option or utility when he's first choice over there?

It is all about his partner/wife whatsoever. She's having / had a kid and wants to be in Brissy.

Bellyache has always said they'd only let B.Smith leave if they got something they wanted in return.

Surely he thinks he could get something out of TPJ... or maybe Isaako as the backup fb for when they lose Hynes?

Hypothetical of course as I would guess TPJ to Tigers is already happening and Bellamy would never go for someone who gives away the ball and penalties like it's nobodies business..

So should we expect quite a bit to go down this week now the games are done?

Niko to impact bench hooker, turpin as tackle bot for first 30? Doubt we are solid for Hodgson.

I never really bought into Hodgson potentially coming to Brisbane but if there are any chances of it happening, Canberra would need to continue to lose footy games

Losing to the Dragons was a nice start

Bellyache has always said they'd only let B.Smith leave if they got something they wanted in return.

Surely he thinks he could get something out of TPJ... or maybe Isaako as the backup fb for when they lose Hynes?

Hypothetical of course as I would guess TPJ to Tigers is already happening and Bellamy would never go for someone who gives away the ball and penalties like it's nobodies business..

Tigers are insane if they sign TPJ after watching that Melbourne game

They need a hardened leader in their pack, not a downhill skier

I've probably missed a couple but off the top of my head this is our current squad:
  • Jesse Arthars
  • John Asiata
  • Ethan Bullemor
  • Patrick Carrigan
  • Xavier Coates
  • Dale Copley
  • Brodie Croft
  • Herbie Farnworth
  • Thomas Flegler
  • Alex Glenn
  • Payne Haas
  • Jamayne Isaako
  • Rhys Kennedy
  • Matthew Lodge
  • David Mead
  • Anthony Milford
  • Tesi Niu
  • Corey Oates
  • Cory Paix
  • Keenan Palasia
  • Tevita Pangai Jnr
  • Jordan Riki
  • Kotoni Staggs
  • Ben Te'o
  • Jake Turpin
  • TC Robati
  • Kobe Hetherington
  • Keenan Palasia
  • Brendan Piakura
  • Selwyn Cobbo
15/30 that I would keep heading into 2022.
Potentially let Paix & Turpin also leave, depending on how our spine recruitment goes.
Niu I think also deserves a bit more of an opportunity.
I'm not sure that Asiata, Hetherington or Kennedy will be sticking around and they're amongst those I'd be happy to keep on the books, so realistically that number could be down to 10/30.
Shows how out of whack this roster is.

Fox sports is reporting that Brent read reports that kodi’s preference is the broncos as well as us being interested in Finucane. I don’t think we will sign Hodgson and I’m pretty sure we will only get one of capewell/Su’A. So the team I think we will have close to is that of the one below:
  1. Tesi Niu/Herbie Farnworth
  2. Selwyn Cobbo
  3. Kotoni Staggs
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jordan Pereira
  6. Kodi Nikorima (?)
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Pat Carrigan
  9. Jake Turpin
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Jadyn Su’A/Kurt Capewell(?)
  12. Jordan Riki
  13. Dale Finucane (?)
  14. Cory Paix
  15. Rhys Kennedy/Tom Flegler/TC Robati
  16. TC Robati/Tom Flegler
  17. Brendan Piakura
Only thing to determine is bench rotation. Last thing I’d be considering is looking in England for a fullback that just knows what there doing and is experienced here. We’re not winning the comp next year so a stop gap like Lachlan Coote could do us the world of good. But you know that’s unlikely
Only person I'd put in that was left out is Bullemor for Kennedy and I Think we'll see TC Robati or Piakura starting next in the back row next year if we don't sign Su'a or Capewell.

Dobbo saying that there will be some big names coming to the broncos within the next 3-4 weeks. Intriguing times ahead
Well that is intriguing.

Considering how telegraphed and ham-fisted all of the Broncos moves for recruiting have been this is hard to believe at the moment, would like to be surprised in a positive way though.

Dobbo saying that there will be some big names coming to the broncos within the next 3-4 weeks. Intriguing times ahead
Coming to the Broncos in 3 to 4 weeks or announced for next year in 3 to 4 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Manlyman
  • Thelmus
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bongo
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.