Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Problem was that Milford wasn't even doing the basics right. Basics that if you don't do in QCup you get dropped.

So we're literally better off with a QCup half

He was fine towards the end of last year. Certainley better than Walters or Gamble and easily much better than Mam. His form previously wasn't good at all, nobody can say it was, but his game now would be totally different from what it has been. He wouldn't be the dominant play maker, he wouldn't be the organiser, he wouldnt have the pressure anymore of being the million dollar man.

I'm not particularly bothered if we sign him or not tbh, but considering Kelly is out and he hasnt been consistently that good anyway, i dont think its much of a risk bringing him in. It not like signing him for about 7 months on a low deal ( if he will actually take it anyway ) is much of a risk if we go down that path and he wont be blocking anyone with a real future here.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Sounds pretty official to me bud

It could easily be like the Isaako deal. He was going to the Eels until he got a last second offer from the Titans which changed his mind. Could easily happen again if we were interested, which i dont think we are anyway.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

Sounds pretty official to me bud

As mentioned above, he isn't signed yet, we could jump in if we wanted to but as also mentioned above, I don't think we want to. He would definitely be a good option if we did go with him though.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
We're clearly not winning the competition this year (as much as that may come as a shock to some?), so although bringing Milf back for the rest of the season may improve our performance in the immediate term (maybe we finish a few spots higher on the ladder at most?), it's a retrospective move that isn't going to help (and could arguably hinder) our ability to find a long term spine moving forward.

Regardless, there's too many unhealed scars (likely on both sides) for it to make sense. At the end of last seaosn after years of struggle it was a clean break and was considered the best thing for both parties... Nothing about that has changed.

I wish him all the best at the Knights, would love to see him turn it around because he's a genuine excitement machine when he's playing well.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
wouldnt have minded seeing milf run around with reynolds and not having to do the mid field roost anymore

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
We're clearly not winning the competition this year (as much as that may come as a shock to some?), so although bringing Milf back for the rest of the season may improve our performance in the immediate term (maybe we finish a few spots higher on the ladder at most?), it's a retrospective move that isn't going to help (and could arguably hinder) our ability to find a long term spine moving forward.

Regardless, there's too many unhealed scars (likely on both sides) for it to make sense. At the end of last seaosn after years of struggle it was a clean break and was considered the best thing for both parties... Nothing about that has changed.

I wish him all the best at the Knights, would love to see him turn it around because he's a genuine excitement machine when he's playing well.
If he helps us make the 8 and allows our young players to get some finals experience, regardless if we win the GF or not that's got to be worth heaps in terms of developing pour squad. We'll struggle to make the 8 with what we have at present.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
One phone call by Ikin and he'd ditch the Knights instantly.

Doesn't have to move his whole family up only to come back with the Dolphins in 7 months. The only thing stopping it from happening is if Ikin/KW don't want him.

Well, I'm asking Ikin very nicely and calmly.. Put down the phone...

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
Milford has been shit for years now and was on massive money. He plays couple good games and people are saying quick bring him back is just ludicrous. He doesn't serve any of out attention and shouldn't even be mentioned in our forum.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
The effort we got out of him for a mil a season was simply atrocious. Imagine what he will serve up on minimum wage.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The effort we got out of him for a mil a season was simply atrocious. Imagine what he will serve up on minimum wage.

He's got more incentive to perform earning minimum wage.

People earning $1 million a year won't be able to live off minimum wage. They will be working for that big payday again.

Sign him on minimum wage. Then **** him off when he wants an upgrade.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Anyone keen on the Raiders halfback Brad Schneider? He’s a QLD kid (from Townsville) and he’s off contract after 2023.

He’s one to at least keep an eye on.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Anyone keen on the Raiders halfback Brad Schneider? He’s a QLD kid (from Townsville) and he’s off contract after 2023.

He’s one to at least keep an eye on.

Be stuck behind Reynolds and playing reserve grade or playing first grade.

Which one do you think he will go for?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Be stuck behind Reynolds and playing reserve grade or playing first grade.

Which one do you think he will go for?
Raiders signed Jamal Fogarty so not sure what will happen there when he’s back from injury.

Schneider could play 6 with Reynolds at 7.. Depends how it all plays out with Mam..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosAlways
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  • Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Socnorb
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.