Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the ‘Turpin Is God’ Brigade now?
Solid player and with creative halves around him he is a good player to have in your team. However we really struggled the last 2 years with him at dummy half offering nothing in attack.
Injury probably cost him his spot, but it was probably eventually going to happen anyway.

Where is the ‘Turpin Is God’ Brigade now?
Solid player and with creative halves around him he is a good player to have in your team. However we really struggled the last 2 years with him at dummy half offering nothing in attack.
Injury probably cost him his spot, but it was probably eventually going to happen anyway.

although COVID probably got him the start in round 1.

see ya goodbye GIF

Source: broncos.com.au

The Broncos can confirm that Jake Turpin has been granted permission to negotiate with other clubs.
Jake approached the club wishing to explore his options elsewhere and the Broncos have granted that request.
He is currently contracted to the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.

Gotta laugh that we've apparently "granted" him permission to negotiate elsewhere. Obviously they mean to negotiate elsewhere for an immediate transfer, but it's bad wording.

I wonder if this can be spun to improve our cap space by much like Isaako did. Does whatever money was remaining just go straight to Martin and he gets upgraded
At most we'd be saving 90k if we replaced him with a minimum wage player for the remaining 6 months, better than nothing.

Brilliant prediction, contract talks might resume when the club said they'll resume. Wonder if he had to call in Pete for the assist on that story.
I think we've hit peak non-story with this one. Don't even bother clicking.

All for this if it helps us upgrade someone else, could save us 100,000 after filling the spot. Not many options in our q cup teams, but we might need to grab a 9 for backup.

going completely off of stats and match reports but maybe we will throw a base contract at Kaloa saitua (may have spelt his name wrong?). Bench hooker but Harrison Graham is going to the dolphins and saitua sounds like a beast, decent minutes and breaks tackles and scores tries at will by the sounds of it. Harrison Graham might be kicking himself if there's a long term injury to paix or Walters though....

Source: broncos.com.au

The Broncos can confirm that Jake Turpin has been granted permission to negotiate with other clubs.
Jake approached the club wishing to explore his options elsewhere and the Broncos have granted that request.
He is currently contracted to the Broncos until the end of the 2022 season.

There are a few clubs who will take him for 2022 who have lost hookers i think. Next year i had heard he had got no offers at all. If he does ok if he can get a club there is a chance he could get a gig next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • Alec
  • Pablo
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.