Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. I think Hughes and especially Papenhuyzen would be shadows outside of the Storm. Grant and Munster are the 2 that will dominate anywhere.
So you're saying the Storm is better coached than Brisbane?

Eh, it's timely since we're facing him tonight, and the bloke we bought instead is out injured (again). Also, I don't recall this being in our rumours thread, so somehow it managed to fly under the radar. It's a fair slow news day story.

Fwiw, I think we made the right choice in the end, but both of them, well gee...
I recall there being discussions about Hughes on here and I think the general consensus was that he'd be great to have as a 6 or 1... but his credentials as an out and out 7 were a little unknown still.

He then came out in 2021 and completely outplayed Munster in the halves... but we had Reynolds locked in at that point so everyone moves on.

He's also only played one more game than Reynolds so far this year.

I recall there being discussions about Hughes on here and I think the general consensus was that he'd be great to have as a 6 or 1... but his credentials as an out and out 7 were a little unknown still.

He then came out in 2021 and completely outplayed Munster in the halves... but we had Reynolds locked in at that point so everyone moves on.

He's also only played one more game than Reynolds so far this year.
I must have missed that. He's never been on my wishlist, I have to say. But he's doing well there.

"... and the Broncos said they couldn’t afford $800,000 for Jahrome at the time. But on reflection, it would have been good value"

Seriously what is wrong with these people, are they stupid or do they think we are?

Afford and good value are different metrics.

A 2 million dollar mansion on sale for 1.5m is also good value, doesn't mean I can afford it.

"... and the Broncos said they couldn’t afford $800,000 for Jahrome at the time. But on reflection, it would have been good value"

Seriously what is wrong with these people, are they stupid or do they think we are?

A 2 million dollar mansion on sale for 1.5m is also good value, doesn't mean I can afford it.
Payne is confused.

we couldn't afford Hughes on 800k ... but we could afford Reynolds on 800k 🤔

p.s. just using the Reynolds value from he article

It seems a little bit like the Walsh saga (i.e. desperate club lures player with a top 30 spot), where we probably had Gray lined up for a development deal, but Souths have come in and guaranteed him a top 30 deal.

It will be interesting to see if Souths get their money's worth out of the deal though.. Is he playing first grade next year? probably not...

Is he playing year 2? Maybe, but will he be the first choice at that point when competing with Cody, Ilias and the other junior they rave on about.

Then we're into year 3 and he's a free agent the following year.

Hang on !
They sold off Rendiggity to let Illias play 7 . Now they bought another 7 ?

Don`t they need a 6 ? Cody Walker looks done .

Probably still faster to first grade for him. Those two might be more experienced but that won't mean shit when clearly inferior but reliable performance is contrasted with a better talent with his better skill set who produces 'on demand' quality. Maybe more mistakes but shit happens. You can reduce them.

Like Mam and Gamble then ?

Genuine question, is Gray any better than Nikorima was at the same age? That's who he reminds me of in terms of size, speed, running style.

Well JD hooked Illias last night and put the little man into his spot .
Maybe that is his idea of what a 7 looks like ?

Gray plays six.

Apology .
The way you described him plot out a set of six it sounded to me like a 7 . Usually a 6 sits on one side of the field and the 7 runs the set .

Genuine question, is Gray any better than Nikorima was at the same age? That's who he reminds me of in terms of size, speed, running style.

Probably a fair comparison and I have thought of it too- when people are talking about his body size.

He's that squat body shape.

Gray is so much smarter than Nikorima though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.