Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There doesn't need to be questions. Hes entitled to stay in a system he knows for less. Dolphins tax is also much higher because they are the new kids on the block and have to pay overs.

Have the Dolphinssactually landed anyone their former club really wanted to keep?

We must have a heap of cash lying around at this point - especially if Haas leaves.

Won’t even know what to spend it on.

We must have a heap of cash lying around at this point - especially if Haas leaves.

This man... spend it all on this magnificent man!!

It’s the broncos prioritising Milford over Hunt all over again.
They didn't do that though, I know it's fun to shit on Souths, but they offered both a 1 year deal, Walker accepted it, Reynolds didn't. They didn't prioritise one over the other.

They had genuine reasons not to want a walking glass player for 3 years, they've had to medically retire Burgess and Inglis at significant salary cap cost and at some point you have to bite the bullet and move on. There's nothing wrong with wanting to limit liability, it's a bet that may or may not pay off.

I don't know if Souths made the wrong call, anyone claiming they have or haven't is being shortsighted. It was a call for the long term, how they fare in 2023/2024 is where anyone will know if the gamble they took pays off or was the wrong call.

For us Reynolds is a no brainer, we need the experience and leadership, for Souths not so much. They're a much more mature team having a spine of Walker/Cook/Mitchell/Illias is a pretty reasonable bet.

On the other hand our spine going into this year without Reynolds would have been Tesi/Walters/Kelly/Gamble. Pretty rubbish, so Reynolds was a must have at any cost. Even if he was to be Jack Bird and play 5 games in 3 years, his leadership, experience and smarts would be worth whatever the salary cap cost.

They didn't do that though, I know it's fun to shit on Souths, but they offered both a 1 year deal, Walker accepted it, Reynolds didn't. They didn't prioritise one over the other.

They had genuine reasons not to want a walking glass player for 3 years, they've had to medically retire Burgess and Inglis at significant salary cap cost and at some point you have to bite the bullet and move on. There's nothing wrong with wanting to limit liability, it's a bet that may or may not pay off.

I don't know if Souths made the wrong call, anyone claiming they have or haven't is being shortsighted. It was a call for the long term, how they fare in 2023/2024 is where anyone will know if the gamble they took pays off or was the wrong call.

For us Reynolds is a no brainer, we need the experience and leadership, for Souths not so much. They're a much more mature team having a spine of Walker/Cook/Mitchell/Illias is a pretty reasonable bet.

On the other hand our spine going into this year without Reynolds would have been Tesi/Walters/Kelly/Gamble. Pretty rubbish, so Reynolds was a must have at any cost. Even if he was to be Jack Bird and play 5 games in 3 years, his leadership, experience and smarts would be worth whatever the salary cap cost.
Should’ve let Walker go and offer 2 years to Reynolds then.

If (when) Haas goes, I’d love to see us get Walsh back IF the price was right I think 550-600 is fair for Walsh for the next couple of years, given where he’s currently at..

Have the Dolphinssactually landed anyone their former club really wanted to keep?

Katoa, and the 3 Storm forwards are. IIRC both Melbourne and Penrith had a fair bit to say about them getting those players, which i dont get really as they were all off contract. I'd say Gilbert and Stone were another 2 as their clubs made offers to keep them. Where they have really missed out is those spine positions with some proven NRL quality.

Katoa, and the 3 Storm forwards are. IIRC both Melbourne and Penrith had a fair bit to say about them getting those players, which i dont get really as they were all off contract. I'd say Gilbert and Stone were another 2 as their clubs made offers to keep them. Where they have really missed out is those spine positions with some proven NRL quality.

Fair enough. Though it isn't like Katoa is getting anywhere in Penrith's team. The Storm guys are old and Melbourne needs to start transitioning anyway. The Cows aren't struggling for forwards.

Fair enough. Though it isn't like Katoa is getting anywhere in Penrith's team. The Storm guys are old and Melbourne needs to start transitioning anyway. The Cows aren't struggling for forwards.

Katoa by all accounts is a really good player, but its like Bennett said, Luai and Cleary arent going anywhere anytime soon so whats at Penrith for him? I know the Cowboys were gutted to lose Gilbert, but he wanted to move closer to Brisbane so i think it was always on the cards for him.

I think the 3 guys from the Storm going there is a masterstroke tbh. They will give them in a different way what Arey has bought to us.

Katoa by all accounts is a really good player, but its like Bennett said, Luai and Cleary arent going anywhere anytime soon so whats at Penrith for him? I know the Cowboys were gutted to lose Gilbert, but he wanted to move closer to Brisbane so i think it was always on the cards for him.

I think the 3 guys from the Storm going there is a masterstroke tbh. They will give them in a different way what Arey has bought to us.

Because they’ll still be able to get away with the shit they pull at the Storm because the NRL need the Dolphins to be successful?

I think those of you who've been saying Selwyn isn't ready for fullback were somewhat vindicated Friday night, and Te Maire's limitations in the position were also a little bit found out. In bad conditions against a team that had done its homework. Maybe they both just had off nights.

At the risk of getting my **** mass sucked against my will, I couldn't help but feel Herbie might've been better there. But I'm usually wrong about Herbie, so I'm probably wrong again.

I think those of you who've been saying Selwyn isn't ready for fullback were somewhat vindicated Friday night, and Te Maire's limitations in the position were also a little bit found out. In bad conditions against a team that had done its homework. Maybe they both just had off nights.

At the risk of getting my **** mass sucked against my will, I couldn't help but feel Herbie might've been better there. But I'm usually wrong about Herbie, so I'm probably wrong again.

Ew No GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

Try and control yourself everyone.

Selwyn not being ready for fullback was vindicated against the Panthers and during the trials. He’ll be like Xavier Savage is, moments of raw ability and heaps of costly mistakes. He isn’t ready.

I don’t see Herbie being much there either except a metre eater but again what do I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Gaz
  • johnny plath
  • Financeguy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bongo
  • Big Del
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Wild Horse
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.