Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think those of you who've been saying Selwyn isn't ready for fullback were somewhat vindicated Friday night, and Te Maire's limitations in the position were also a little bit found out. In bad conditions against a team that had done its homework. Maybe they both just had off nights.

At the risk of getting my **** mass sucked against my will, I couldn't help but feel Herbie might've been better there. But I'm usually wrong about Herbie, so I'm probably wrong again.
Someones seen the light!

I think those of you who've been saying Selwyn isn't ready for fullback were somewhat vindicated Friday night, and Te Maire's limitations in the position were also a little bit found out. In bad conditions against a team that had done its homework. Maybe they both just had off nights.

At the risk of getting my **** mass sucked against my will, I couldn't help but feel Herbie might've been better there. But I'm usually wrong about Herbie, so I'm probably wrong again.
I saw TMM grabbing at his ribs a few times. I think he was well off 100% physically.

The Hughes story made me laugh, outside of the Melbourne system under Bellamy, he's not even half the player and I wouldn't call him your typical halfback either

His strength is his running and short kicking, I still think they got the right bloke

The disrespect to TMM, harsh.

Not sure how you can conclude Selwyn isn't ready, for the record, I agree. He isn't ready but it's not because of anything that I saw during the Melbourne game. He dropped the ball, they can all do that (he also made some high pressure catches too)

The reason Selwyn isn't ready is because he's still developing as a person and finding his voice, not because of anything he did or didn't do against Melbourne

The disrespect to TMM, harsh.
Took me a bit...

Not sure how you can conclude Selwyn isn't ready, for the record, I agree. He isn't ready but it's not because of anything that I saw during the Melbourne game. He dropped the ball, they can all do that (he also made some high pressure catches too)

The reason Selwyn isn't ready is because he's still developing as a person and finding his voice, not because of anything he did or didn't do against Melbourne
Maybe it's just me, but I thought his greenness peaked through a few times. I've been overly optimistic about his progress - like almost everyone really. I still think he'll be our fullback this time next year, but something clicked in that game to make me think I've also been premature to write Herbie off.

The goblin got the better of both of them more than once. They'll have to energy up a level when Pap joins the mix.

Looks as though Reece Walsh might of split with his partner who they have a kid together, so if she plans on staying in QLD with the child and the Warriors moving back to NZ chances of Reece wanting to stay in QLD with his child next season is a high possibility of happening.

It's between us and the Dolphins if that's the case and I think if we want him we'd be the favourite in getting him with all his mates at the club.

I don't think we need him but adding him to our current backline/team you'd be silly not to really consider it.

Looks as though Reece Walsh might of split with his partner who they have a kid together, so if she plans on staying in QLD with the child and the Warriors moving back to NZ chances of Reece wanting to stay in QLD with his child next season is a high possibility of happening.

It's between us and the Dolphins if that's the case and I think if we want him we'd be the favourite in getting him with all his mates at the club.

I don't think we need him but adding him to our current backline/team you'd be silly not to really consider it.
Just between the Dolphins then. His file should be stamped with ‘never again’.

If TMM actually does want to go back to NZ as a lot have suggested, that's an ideal person to offer in trade.

I guess we're a chance, but we'd have to enter a bidding war with the Dolphins, who would have to be more desperate than us. Not sure whether I want him back or not now. No question about his ability, and his leadership from the back, but I don't know whether he'd be the right fit for the team spirit Kevvie is building. As in I don't know, rather than I suspect not.

Along these lines, while I hope we can keep Te Maire, in the bigger scheme of things I think it's healthy for players to stick/return to their own tribe. Pretty sure Te Maire would be happier back in NZ, and Reece, in all honestly, is best fitted at the Titans. In that same ideal world, we'd have Harry Grant and Ben Walker's kid.

I guess we're a chance, but we'd have to enter a bidding war with the Dolphins, who would have to be more desperate than us. Not sure whether I want him back or not now. No question about his ability, and his leadership from the back, but I don't know whether he'd be the right fit for the team spirit Kevvie is building. As in I don't know, rather than I suspect not.

Along these lines, while I hope we can keep Te Maire, in the bigger scheme of things I think it's healthy for players to stick/return to their own tribe. Pretty sure Te Maire would be happier back in NZ, and Reece, in all honestly, is best fitted at the Titans. In that same ideal world, we'd have Harry Grant and Ben Walker's kid.
I believe Walsh is good mates with a lot of the squad, especially Patty. If the Kevvie and his team are building a strong culture, bringing in a 19yr old shouldn't change that, especially one that wants to follow his mates.

Walsh would be a great signing at the right price and we should absolutely be trying to make it happen.

I'd take Walsh back at under 1m for 2 years. He's worth a moderate gamble, definitely not star money.

If the Dolphins want to outbid us there, so be it, enjoy.

I'd take Walsh back at under 1m for 2 years. He's worth a moderate gamble, definitely not star money.

If the Dolphins want to outbid us there, so be it, enjoy.

I think we should get in a bidding war with Redcliffe though. We should do what Melbourne have done to us for years and push the price up even though we don't really want him.

if you had the choice, oates or walsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • bb_gun
  • KnToad
  • Broncosgirl
  • RodF
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • johnny plath
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Mighty Bronx
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.