Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
p.s. are there any hookers in England we could make a play for.

Transfer fees would be a problem. I just read in Hoopers article about the Tigers interest in Bateman, that they are not included on the cap ... at least they aren't until we go down that path

could add 'grub' reynolds to the hooker list too dont think he has signed with the dogs yet.

p.s. are there any hookers in England we could make a play for.

Transfer fees would be a problem. I just read in Hoopers article about the Tigers interest in Bateman, that they are not included on the cap ... at least they aren't until we go down that path
read yesterday that transfer fees are cap free was a bit of a shock lol

Probably someone that wasn’t struggling to make the wests tigers before coming here. There are a few names out there, pretty sure they don’t need listing.

What role do you reckon the season ending injury in 2020 played in that?

Whoever taught you the word "agenda" please unfriend them on Tiktok.

I dunno, you’ve been going on for a while about this whole nepotism idea but it stops being nepotism when Billy is actually the best choice we have, or at least one of. However, you’re still running with this “anyone but Billy” idea.

It sounds like you’ve got a problem with Billy being in the team whilst Kev is the coach, doesn’t really seem to matter how good or bad Billy is, at least not to you.

None at all. Seeing as he made his debut at 25 in 2019. We can do better.

They don’t all debut in their teenage years, some have to work a bit harder for it. That debut you speak of was with Melbourne, which I can’t imagine would’ve been an easy team to get a go in.

Hang on, no scratch that, Kevvie was an assistant wasn’t he? No doubt he got a free ride.

I dunno, you’ve been going on for a while about this whole nepotism idea but it stops being nepotism when Billy is actually the best choice we have, or at least one of. However, you’re still running with this “anyone but Billy” idea.

It sounds like you’ve got a problem with Billy being in the team whilst Kev is the coach, doesn’t really seem to matter how good or bad Billy is, at least not to you.
I can only guess it sounds like that to you because you're not comprehending anything I've written. I can't write the shit sixteen more different ways.

BILLY IS THE BEST OPTION BECAUSE WE NEVER BOUGHT ANYONE BETTER. TO GET A BETTER HOOKER IN THE TEAM KEVVIE HAS TO DROP HIS SON. THIS WILL BE HARD FOR HIM, AND THAT'S FINE, IT SHOULD BE HARD.

**** me drunk this is tedious.

A list? Guys, come on, you only have to ask:

Hookers Available for next year:
Jayden Berrell (I'd love to get him)
Manase Fainu (steer clear)
Temple Kalepo
Jayden Nikorima
Jake Turpin (hehe)
Billy Walters (ahehehe)

Players Likely Gettable:
Jake Simpkin (Bring him home please!)
Kurt Mann
Jake Granville
Siliva Havili
Jacob Liddle
Mitch Rein
Andrew McCullough (ahehehe)

Possible but Club unlikely to Release:
Ben Hunt (will be VERY expensive though and does not seem to want to play the position week in, week out)
Damien Cook (I'd argue too expensive for a player on the decline)
Connor Watson
None of the realistic options for next year are any better value for money than Billy unfortunately. I also think Paix is better than most of them, if not all of them.

McHunt deadset think Niu is a better hooker option than Paix. **** a lot of people on here have lost touch with reality with their efforts to one up each other’s contrarianism

They don’t all debut in their teenage years, some have to work a bit harder for it. That debut you speak of was with Melbourne, which I can’t imagine would’ve been an easy team to get a go in.

Hang on, no scratch that, Kevvie was an assistant wasn’t he? No doubt he got a free ride.
Melbourne now has Harry Grant and Cheese. How do they compare to Billy?

None of the realistic options for next year are any better value for money than Billy unfortunately. I also think Paix is better than most of them.
Are we after "better value" than Billy or "better" than Billy? Paix isn't good enough right now to beat Turpin out of the team, even for 25 minutes off the bench.

I'm hoping they have someone in mind, or at least a succession plan for 2023, and we haven't heard about it.

could add 'grub' reynolds to the hooker list too dont think he has signed with the dogs yet.
I know you aren’t necessarily suggesting this but anyone who think Reynolds is a serious option need their opinion card revoked

I can only guess it sounds like that to you because you're not comprehending anything I've written. I can't write the shit sixteen more different ways.

BILLY IS THE BEST OPTION BECAUSE WE NEVER BOUGHT ANYONE BETTER. TO GET A BETTER HOOKER IN THE TEAM KEVVIE HAS TO DROP HIS SON. THIS WILL BE HARD FOR HIM, AND THAT'S FINE, IT SHOULD BE HARD.

You ran into Patty’s hip or something?

**** man, I don't think I can explain this any clearer. I might have to let someone else take over. Someone who can explain to you that someone being the best option doesn't mean they're the best option the club can find for next season. I don't need to spoonfeed you a bunch of names from other clubs. I'm not in charge of recruitment.

But in case anyone legally insane can't follow my point:

1. Billy is the best hooker we have
2. Billy isn't a very good hooker
3. We don't have any good hookers
4. We should be looking for at least one hooker/utility until Blake Mozer is ready.
5. Or we turn someone like Tesi into one (not going to happen).
6. If we don't sign one soon, we probably win a premiership next year.
7. If we're starting Billy at hooker next season, what went wrong?
We should have gone hard for Verrill.

Tyson Gamble was also a late bloomer, it's not really an accurate way to determine the quality of a player based on when he made his debut. Some take a while to find their best.

If it's tedious, it's a tedium you've brought upon yourself. You bring Walters up at every opportunity, whether relevant or not. Seems to me if you are tied of talking about him, you could just stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.