Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
he made a really bad decision going to the Tigpies.

he'd be easily our number one hooker by now if he stuck it out a bit longer
He was pushed out to make way for Cory Paix

Turpin:

"Performances like that Melbourne game as a team don’t help my cause. I have to put my best foot forward over the last few games and if I’m playing good footy that will sort itself out. I’m sure my management are working hard trying to find a new deal now ... I just need to play good footy.”​
“It will be hard to leave, absolutely. Any player that spends a decent amount of time at one club always finds it hard to go. Everyone has to do it, at some stage you have to move on, but I will move forward and see what’s out there.”​
“I always pride myself on being a team player and I will put the team first and whatever the team needs to get results, that’s what I will do.”​

Coming off contract:

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (rumoured 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (rumoured 2 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (shown door)
Ryan James (retiring from NRL)

Permission to leave

Tyson Gamble20222023

Due to return

Jesse ArtharsLoan to Warriors2023

Coming off contract:

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (rumoured 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (rumoured 2 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (shown door)
Ryan James (retiring from NRL)

Permission to leave

Tyson Gamble20222023

Due to return

Jesse ArtharsLoan to Warriors2023
I had Alby as my first choice halves partner to ARey at the start of 22, before he took a liking to Hass' shoes...then Ezra burst onto the scene.
Id be willing to throw another year at Alby in case of long-term injury to Ezra or ARey.
Im happy for Billy to be our 14 for now...even if that's him starting for the first 20 for Paix...then he's on the bench as needed to cover halves/hooker inuries.

Hoeter and Arthars are probably both not needed...as they are both middle-age backup options. Perhaps another year for Hoeter until we know for sure about the new crop coming through?

Dobbo said that two players did not appreciate and were upset about the comments made by Walters after the game when he called them soft.

This shit right here is the issue, to have the arrogance to not take a spray after tow bad losses from the nicest coach in the comp screams entitlement.

You could nearly narrow down to who it could be and Broncos should show them the door don’t need that weak entitled shit at the club

Dobbo said that two players did not appreciate and were upset about the comments made by Walters after the game when he called them soft.

This shit right here is the issue, to have the arrogance to not take a spray after tow bad losses from the nicest coach in the comp screams entitlement.

You could nearly narrow down to who it could be and Broncos should show them the door don’t need that weak entitled shit at the club
Hopefully we will know who they are when Tuesdays team list is out. That's if KW has the balls to drop them. I would guess Staggs and Haas but may be way off the mark.
Another thing discussed by Dobbo today was that there are some players not in the 17 who are shit stirring and undermining the coach. This could explain why a fans favourite is not being selected at present and if true I support this decision. Not a happy camp it seems and this needs sorting quick smart.

Hopefully we will know who they are when Tuesdays team list is out. That's if KW has the balls to drop them. I would guess Staggs and Haas but may be way off the mark.
Another thing discussed by Dobbo today was that there are some players not in the 17 who are shit stirring and undermining the coach. This could explain why a fans favourite is not being selected at present and if true I support this decision. Not a happy camp it seems and this needs sorting quick smart.
Rightly or wrongly there are a number of awkward situations at the club.

Farnworth re-signs with promises of a shot at fullback but then the club signs Walsh

TMM wanting to stay but not getting an offer

Turpin who is very close with other players being pushed out (may explain his return to first grade)

Kennedy not getting minutes/not getting an extension

Gamble not having a place in the team

Paix being dropped due to defence but no one getting dropped after losing by 50+

Walters being the only spine player not named Reynolds or Mam who hasn’t experienced being dropped

Tesi being dropped (there were rumours of him wanting to leave previously for being dropped)

Haas wanting out

Cobbo sitting out

Haas v Kelly / Flegler v Riki

Riki spraying Billy

Rightly or wrongly there are a number of awkward situations at the club.

Farnworth re-signs with promises of a shot at fullback but then the club signs Walsh

TMM wanting to stay but not getting an offer

Turpin who is very close with other players being pushed out (may explain his return to first grade)

Kennedy not getting minutes/not getting an extension

Gamble not having a place in the team

Paix being dropped due to defence but no one getting dropped after losing by 50+

Walters being the only spine player not named Reynolds or Mam who hasn’t experienced being dropped

Tesi being dropped (there were rumours of him wanting to leave previously for being dropped)

Haas wanting out

Cobbo sitting out

Haas v Kelly / Flegler v Riki

Riki spraying Billy
It really is a shit show and KW, Ikin DD or whoever has got to nip this in the bud. I don't care how good the players are or how important they are to the team, if they are shit stirring and undermining the coach, then they are shown the door. There is still an underlying stigma within the group which dates back to Seibolds tenure.

If you are a precious **** having a whinge because you were told how shit the effort was kindly **** off.

Ps. Maybe they could grow a pair and put their name to the bitch session weak *****.

I think the club needs to improve in several areas but, if I had to pinpoint our biggest issue, it’s THIS! Player entitlement.

They absolutely deserved a spray and should have expected it. And whining about it should not be their response!

The best sporting organisations in the world (barring a few) are NOT governed by the players. The club started to weed out some of these names last year, but there’s still a few more left that have to go - no matter how good they are.

I know some fans are ready to sack Kevvie. I’m not one of them (just yet). The best NRL clubs have better players than us but there’s no doubt who the boss is. I think, for now, the club should double down and back the coach over the playing group and get rid of some of them. Kev may not be a super coach, but he achieved more than enough in his playing career and some good things as a coach that he deserves the players respect.

And it’s the magnitude of the losses lately, more than the losses themselves, that lead me to believe the entitlement and actions of some of the mentally weak playing group is our biggest problem, not the coach.

End of rant. Just my humble opinion.

I know the knee jerk reaction to this stuff is to slam the players’ attitude, and rightly so.. but there is also clearly something driving this urge to speak out

the club has some work to do from this time next week.. the magnitude of these last two defeats is a massive red flag that there are deeper issues at play

Walters should apologise to them immediately, for ever picking them in the first place.

If this story is true these players need to have played their last game for club, I don’t care who they are.

Look I’d take Su’A over Riki but I still think Robati is the way to go next year. Another pre season under his belt and if he plays like he has when playing SR this year we have a point of difference on this year. To be good next year we need to find as many points of difference from this year as we can.

Look I’d take Su’A over Riki but I still think Robati is the way to go next year. Another pre season under his belt and if he plays like he has when playing SR this year we have a point of difference on this year. To be good next year we need to find as many points of difference from this year as we can.
We need experience. As I posted before, even the gun young players take between 50 to 150 games to really hit consistency and peak professionalism. We can’t just keep cycling new raw talent into the squad. We either need to stick with the players we have until they reach that stage of their careers or upgrade them in regards to experience.

I rate Robati but you would take Su’a all day over him. The guys played 100 first grade games, 4 origins and 2 international matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Alec
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.