Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
At his pay grade, it wouldn't do any harm. But you could say the same for the entire team. They all looked directionless, including our best player, Payne.

They do look directionless, but i dont think i've ever seen a prop organising the team and dictating the plays. These days, thats fullback, halves and hooker. Thats why they get paid the most money generally because its their responsibility. All teams need more than one competent playmaker.

They do look directionless, but i dont think i've ever seen a prop organising the team and dictating the plays. These days, thats fullback, halves and hooker. Thats why they get paid the most money generally because its their responsibility. All teams need more than one competent playmaker.
Can't help you with that, unless you want to pay double what we're paying Jake. If only the Broncos had a former Kangaroo hooker or two on their payroll to give him some tips.

Can't help you with that, unless you want to pay double what we're paying Jake. If only the Broncos had a former Kangaroo hooker or two on their payroll to give him some tips.

If thats what it takes we pay it. He's still got 12 months to improve his game but i just dont think he has the skill set tbh. He's a bit like Gamble, he's an effort and attitude player and if he was in say the centers or back row it wouldnt be an issue for us.

I don’t rate him. He’s an athletic freak but he makes too many poor low play decisions, even on the wing and he’s sus at defusing kicks.
Money and top 30 spot would be spent better else where imo.

I think he could still be a pretty good winger if he put all his efforts into being a winger.

If thats what it takes we pay it. He's still got 12 months to improve his game but i just dont think he has the skill set tbh. He's a bit like Gamble, he's an effort and attitude player and if he was in say the centers or back row it wouldnt be an issue for us.
Sounds like Patty, except he doesn't cough up the ball all the time.

When he was playing outside of Staggs late in the year I thought he was quite good. Just needs to focus on being a winger, he's won the broncos more games by individual brilliance than he's lost.
The fact this is even a point of discussion though pretty much confirms he is the very definition of a rocks or diamonds player and / or the gap between his best and worst performance is simply too great. Especially when you consider he has been in the NRL for 5 seasons. Five. That’s close to half of what would be considered a long NRL career.

On top of the many other clangers he’s contributed over the last few seasons, THAT try he conceded this year right on the stroke of half time where all he had to do was simply kick / bat it dead was absolutely inexcusable. It was at that point that I knew he wasn’t good enough for first grade at the Brisbane Broncos.

We are no longer a superstar team that can carry unreliable players capable of brilliance on their day. For the benefit of all involved, it’s time he moves on I think.

I think he could still be a pretty good winger if he put all his efforts into being a winger.
He has the physical attributes. I just think he’s a liability. He might grow out of it but I’d rather that be someone else’s project.

He seems like a good guy and has some nice highlights. Maybe someone like Wayne could get his head right.

The fact this is even a point of discussion though pretty much confirms he is the very definition of a rocks or diamonds player and / or the gap between his best and worst performance is simply too great. Especially when you consider he has been in the NRL for 5 seasons. Five. That’s close to half of what would be considered a long NRL career.

On top of the many other clangers he’s contributed over the last few seasons, THAT try he conceded this year right on the stroke of half time where all he had to do was simply kick / bat it dead was absolutely inexcusable. It was at that point that I knew he wasn’t good enough for first grade at the Brisbane Broncos.

We are no longer a superstar team that can carry unreliable players capable of brilliance on their day. For the benefit of all involved, it’s time he moves on I think.

This some how led me to another list,
how many A/B/C/D/E graders do we have?

1. Niu (B-/C+) / Isaako (C+) / Cobbo (B)
2. Oates (B)
3. Staggs (A)
4. Cobbo (B) / Lee (B) / Farnworth (B-/C+)
5. Farnworth (B) / Cobbo (B) / MacDonald (B-/C+) / Isaako (B-)
6. Gamble (C+) / Kelly (C+) / Mam (C-) / Walters (C)
7. Reynolds (A)
8. Haas (A+)
9. Turpin (C) / Paix (C+) / Walters (C-)
10. Flegler (B) / Carrigan (B) / James (B)
11. Capewell (A)
12. Riki (B)
13. Hetherington (C) / Carrigan (C)

14. Paix (C+) / Walters (C)
15. Flegler (B) / Carrigan (B) / James (B)
16. Flegler (B) / Carrigan (B) / James (B)
17. Robati (B-) / Piakura (C)

Obviously I have been generous with some and this does not factor in the upside for a number of the kids or the other depth players.

I think we have already moved on from him, but like i keep saying i do think if he was dedicated enough to improving his game as a winger i think he could be a good one. I called him a kicking Josh Hoffman and i think he's got the same issue as Josh, in his mind he is a fullback and wants to be a fullback and he probably see's playing on the wing as a downgrade.

I think we have already moved on from him, but like i keep saying i do think if he was dedicated enough to improving his game as a winger i think he could be a good one. I called him a kicking Josh Hoffman and i think he's got the same issue as Josh, in his mind he is a fullback and wants to be a fullback and he probably see's playing on the wing as a downgrade.
I was also calling him kicking Josh Hoffman but the only thing they really have in common is that they are wingers who think they’re fullbacks. Hoffman was safe as houses and very reliable at fullback - he just had 0 ball playing ability or attacking flair. Isaako has footwork like very few other players he just has very poor awareness and melts under any pressure.

Sounds like Patty, except he doesn't cough up the ball all the time.

why do you keep trying to defend Turpin by comparing him to non-spine players. they are a completely different kettle of fish to what's required from not only a spine player ... but your number 1 hooker.

I don’t disagree.
He has definitely had his moments, and he definitely looked like he was on the right path a few years back.

But he stagnated and then started going backwards. I think he needs to realise he’s a winger (hello Josh Hoffman) and with a change of scenery, might go back to playing his best footy.

But I do genuinely believe he is surplus to our needs, in any of the positions he can play.

why do you keep trying to defend Turpin by comparing him to non-spine players. they are a completely different kettle of fish to what's required from not only a spine player ... but your number 1 hooker.
Which 2021 spine player would you like to compare him to?

I think he can be valuable, we were just asking way too much of him. Hes one of those guys that's a natural athlete but just needs a simple job and slow burn to gradually gain confidence.
“Just catch the ball, mate” isn’t asking too much of him. Blokes a dud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BroncosMan
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncos Maestro
  • johnny plath
  • Midean
  • Big Del
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rambstien
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.