Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit, i never thought i'd see the day they would be in the NRL so its never really been much of an issue for me to follow both clubs. I'm invested in both teams if i'm honest, but probably slightly more in the Broncos.
I’ll hold a place in my heart for the dolphins….even if the wily old goblin is there…mainly because I love dolphins. No other reason.

Easy. I’ve loved the NBA for 30 years and still don’t have a single team.

I used to have the Sonics but they went defunct, so now just kind of follow has Aussies playing for them...and Giannis, I've got a mancrush.

I will hold no ill will to the dolphins being a success. Would be great for the game. Head to head I will cheer broncos on every time, but see no negatives in them having success.
I like the idea of the Dolphins doing well into the future, but not whilst Wayne's there. He is the master whiteanter.

Gonna have to pass on Carrigan for 500k/s. Does Carrigan even have a highlight yet? He's just been talked up a whole lot and really shown nothing for it. We don't seem like we're a better team with Carrigan at all.
I agree completely of the 500k deal, it's a good 100k or so more than what should be put forward.
But again he still has the potential to hit the ground running in 2022.

He's always had the hype around him so definitely he's time to step up.

Didn’t we just sign Capewell for 450k? Not a prop obviously but a far more established player than Carrigan.
It's one of those circumstance things probably like I mentioned on another thread. He wanted to come back to Brisbane and got a 3 year deal to offer him a bit of security so he probably took a bit less. If we offered Pat a longer deal I think he would sign for less as well.

It's one of those circumstance things probably like I mentioned on another thread. He wanted to come back to Brisbane and got a 3 year deal to offer him a bit of security so he probably took a bit less. If we offered Pat a longer deal I think he would sign for less as well.
If pat wants more than capewell…no thanks. I like pat, I think every team needs a player like him but you also shouldn’t break the bank on them either.

If pat wants more than capewell…no thanks. I like pat, I think every team needs a player like him but you also shouldn’t break the bank on them either.

He needs to bring something else to his game, his runs have minimal impact. They're not bad carries but there isn't a single team in the NRL that is scared he is going to bust the line when he takes a hit up.

He's a consistent player with high effort, is that enough to warrant 500k?

To me, a prop is basically a battering Ram and is expected to put their body under the most toil. That alone suggests that they should be compensated fairly.

Pat doesn’t need to throw crazy offloads or break the line -we had that with TPJ and still sat at the bottom of the ladder. He just needs to put in consistency and reliability week after week, with value coming from his 1%ers.

I don't underestimate his efforts, I just think when you start asking for 500k or more, you need to provide something more than being a solid first grader.

500k would be the most I would hope they are willing to pay him.

Didn’t we just sign Capewell for 450k? Not a prop obviously but a far more established player than Carrigan.
Capewell isn't a starting forward when QLD are full strength. He would be lucky to make the bench. Welsh would be a walk up start to the aussie side currently. No way you get him for anything less than 700k a year at a minimum

Capewell isn't a starting forward when QLD are full strength. He would be lucky to make the bench. Welsh would be a walk up start to the aussie side currently. No way you get him for anything less than 700k a year at a minimum
Who you picking over Capewell?

You have to be concerned that as we head into pre-season, they haven't named a single player yet, as the season rolls on and players commit to further deals it's only to become harder for Redcliffe to recruit, particularly a big name.

Probably be a lot easier to recruit a few if the club in the same area had a few that were looking for an out and contractually that was an option, that's not the case, at least not contractually.
It’s because Bennett is past it too. Bloke may not even see out his contract he’s that old and he hasn’t won a comp in over a decade and has decimated each team he has left.

Patty has a 98% tackle efficiency because he doesn’t even touch blokes in the ruck. He’s average at absolute best and if he has toured dolphins facilities that should rule him out of being captain and he can **** right off. Bloody plodder that needs a haircut. 0/10 would not bang.

I’m very excited to see Pat get stuck in this year. He’s a couple of years older now and post-injury, I’m confident he’s self-analysed and wants to show his wares next season.
Historically players have been shit the year after an ACL as well so I wouldn’t be paying $500k for a bloke that has been part of the two worst broncos seasons in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.