Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of how much they paid or didn't, that's a huge signing for the Tigers, huge.

titans surely gotta be keeping their eyes on simpkin, hed solve alot of their issues

Regardless of how much they paid or didn't, that's a huge signing for the Tigers, huge.

Must admit, i dont rate him that much. Without checking, i dont think he runs a great deal, doesnt set up or score many tries and doesnt have much of a kicking game. Just dont see him as an elite hooker. I'll stick my neck out here and say statistically i bet he isnt much better than Macca playing in a much better side.

I said it earlier this year but the tigers did simpkins dirty! Start him for a game get him to sign a new contract and then dropped him. That’s trash and obvious as ****.

Must admit, i dont rate him that much. Without checking, i dont think he runs a great deal, doesnt set up or score many tries and doesnt have much of a kicking game. Just dont see him as an elite hooker. I'll stick my neck out here and say statistically i bet he isnt much better than Macca playing in a much better side.
Perfect for the Dolphins. 😋

Api

2021 - 18 games, 3 tries, 1 try assist, 0 forced dropouts, 50 running metres per game
2020 - 20 games, 3 tries, 4 try assists, 2 forced dropouts, 57 running metres per game

Macca

2021 - 21 games, 0 tries, 3 try assists, 0 forced dropouts, 32 running metres per game
2020 - (Injured)
2019 - 22 games, 1 try, 2 try assists, 2 forced dropouts, 39 running metres per game

Meh, they're both tackle bots. Koroisau runs a little bit more though.

Api

2021 - 18 games, 3 tries, 1 try assist, 0 forced dropouts, 50 running metres per game
2020 - 20 games, 3 tries, 4 try assists, 2 forced dropouts, 57 running metres per game

Macca

2021 - 21 games, 0 tries, 3 try assists, 0 forced dropouts, 32 running metres per game
2020 - (Injured)
2019 - 22 games, 1 try, 2 try assists, 2 forced dropouts, 39 running metres per game

And isn’t a sloth when he does.

Api

Macca

2020 - (Injured)

Man, they are shocking stats for both of them. Surely stat's aren't telling the full story here, I'd imagine even Turpin has better stat's then korisau here.

I'd imagine even Turpin has better stat's then korisau here.

Doubt It Chicago Pd GIF by ION

Turpin

2021 - 22 games, 0 tries, 2 try assists, 3 forced dropouts, 27 running metres per game

They're all just varying levels of terrible. Turpin runs about 30% less than McCullough, which really puts an emphasis on just how little of a threat he actually is.

Man, they are shocking stats for both of them. Surely stat's aren't telling the full story here, I'd imagine even Turpin has better stat's then korisau here.
In regards to his 2020 he also had 6 linebreaks, but at the backend of the year he started sharing the load a bit more with Kenny.

I think panthers effectively started phasing Api out this year. He basically averaged 80mins in 2020 vs 68 this year.

They've had Kenny coming through as their next hooker and started dropping his minutes, compared to Macca who always plays 80. There may have been injuries with Api as well this year 🤔

Panthers did similar with Kiks and Capewell dropping minutes the last few years as Martin has been coming through

Cleary has also become a massive part of their play over the last couple years, so Api may have a directive to just get the ball out to their destructive left edge.

Api

Macca

2020 - (Injured)

Not much in it in the scheme of things. Api is nowhere near an elite hooker.

On the sheet it looks like he's an average player but I think it needs to be said that he knows when to go for a scurry, I don't think he has the speed of a Damien Cook to turn a half break into a try but when you get your dummy half taking off when one of the forwards bends the line, it really can create havoc in the remainder of the set, I would say that's where Api has the advantage over Turpin/Macca.

You get Api playing behind a bloke like Payne Haas, I would say he would be far more effective than Turpin/Macca in that regard, Tigers probably paid maybe 150k more than they would have liked but that's where they are at, they needed a kill and they got one.

I'd love to downplay it and say he wouldn't be better than what we have but that'd be a straight up lie. He would be miles better, just reading some of the discussion from Penrith fans they know he's a huge loss.

Api just consistently makes the correct play, his delivery out of dummy half is spot on everytime basically which has elevated the play of cleary and luai immensely, hes stout in defence and just doesnt make mistakes. Slightly confused with people saying he isnt elite, he definitely isnt just a pure tackle bot either, he creates plenty of half chances that cleary capitalises on, hes an essential cog in that panthers system and itll be interesting to see them adapt now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncoFan94
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.