Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and they’d be decent signings for them. They’re absolutely welcome to take them also. Wayne might even take Milford with him. Wayne might chuck Isaako on a wing too.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if this was part of the reason Milford only got a 1 year deal. If he plays half decent, he will get an upgrade somewhere. Honestly we should have kept him for a small amount of money for a year to see if he works with Reynolds

The idea is, probably, to build a strong foundation and setup the next coach. I don't think he'll coach beyond 75 personally.
Yeah probably be the “Coach” for 2022, 23 and 24 and then move into an overseer type role id imagine. Maybe even trying to poach Jason Dimitreu back from rabbits if he does alright these next couple years

Also, watch Karmichael Hunt be part of the coaching team.

One benefit would be if Bennett can get Boyd the **** out of the broncos

Realistically, how long could Bennett be coaching the new team for? Prior to the kick off of the 2023 season he will be 73 years of age. They would have to be working on a succession plan from the outset as well.

I reckon he will go for another 3 or 4 years. He's not really your average 72 year old. He's incredibly fit and still seems to have that drive and he just loves coaching. Wouldnt surprise me if he goes longer than that.

I can see the succesion plan in place. Probably Cameron Smith just to haunt us some more.

I reckon he will go for another 3 or 4 years. He's not really your average 72 year old. He's incredibly fit and still seems to have that drive and he just loves coaching. Wouldnt surprise me if he goes longer than that.

I can see the succesion plan in place. Probably Cameron Smith just to haunt us some more.
I remember back in the days he would regularly beat players in fitness drills. He still looks as fit as I've seen any 70+ year old person be, I wonder if he can still keep up with the players.

I remember back in the days he would regularly beat players in fitness drills. He still looks as fit as I've seen any 70+ year old person be, I wonder if he can still keep up with the players.
Any player he can keep up with these days isn’t someone you want in your team.

He was still doing it a couple of years ago so i'd say he must still be pretty fit. I saw the other day he was still playing Tennis, but that was only against Russel Crowe!

Age waits for no man. Time will catch up to Wayne, and will catch up quicker than he may choose to admit.

id be asking Bennett to create a job that doesn’t directly impact Kev’s head coaching role and then throwing obscene amounts of money at him.
Doubt he would be interested. That sort of thing has been tried before and he has said he only wants to do hands on coaching.

It seems like BSmith is tight with Munster... and also off contract in 2023... and also wants to move to SEQ because his family is now here.

Also comes down to whether the plastics actually want Munster... Munster has said he wants to come, but do they want him now that he comes with a bit of baggage.

I mean they should want him as his profile and star appeal is sky high at the moment (as is Munster more often than not) and he is a QLD origin player to boot... so he's perfect to build around
Lol how good would it be if the dolphins got smith and Munster and we got grant. The storm would be in absolute disarray and the dolphins being the cause of it may even make me have a soft spot for them.

Lol how good would it be if the dolphins got smith and Munster and we got grant. The storm would be in absolute disarray and the dolphins being the cause of it may even make me have a soft spot for them.

It would be hilarious if they had all 3 taken right out from under them after chucking a hissy fit about Redcliffe encroaching on ‘their territory’ of the Sunshine Coast

Time does catch up eventually it’s just that in Wayne’s case you could die waiting for it to.
'Time and tide waits for no man' sounds so much better!
Thanks Dorrie!
You'll have to be a certain age to get the reference😄

We don’t have any players I’d be that cut about losing in ‘23, and quite a few id gladly give them.

Farnworth and Patty are the only ones and I don’t think either would leave if they get fair offers from the broncos.

I do wonder if the NRL will allow the new club any quirks around contracted players .

They will have to make do with Turpin or maybe even Paix (who I would hate to lose and would only be willing to do so for Grant). Grant will be with us and B.Smith will stay at the storm (wishful thinking but it all sounds better when you sound like you are in the know).

Here's an interesting exercise. Jot down:

1. all the 2021 Storm players (including Addo Carr, Hynes, etc) you'd like to poach if you could.
2. all the Broncos players you consider "must keeps."
3. your dream coach out of Kevvie and Bellamy.
4. the team you think gets the best favours. Your choices are the Broncos and the Storm.
5. the team with the best "system."
6. the team with the best recruitment.
7. whether you enjoy usually winning or losing.

You might actually be a closet Storm fan. Save yourself the pain and come out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.