Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Time and tide waits for no man' sounds so much better!
Thanks Dorrie!
You'll have to be a certain age to get the reference😄
Unfortunately I am of that age.

Here's an interesting exercise. Jot down:

1. all the 2021 Storm players (including Addo Carr, Hynes, etc) you'd like to poach if you could.
2. all the Broncos players you consider "must keeps."
3. your dream coach out of Kevvie and Bellamy.
4. the team you think gets the best favours. Your choices are the Broncos and the Storm.
5. the team with the best "system."
6. the team with the best recruitment.
7. whether you enjoy usually winning or losing.

You might actually be a closet Storm fan. Save yourself the pain and come out now.
1. If salary cap wasn’t an issue:
Grant/Smith, NAS, Welch, Paps, Hughes (to play 6), Brom

2. Haas, Staggs, Reynolds, Capewell, Cobbo, Willison

3: Bellamy (though if equal success was guaranteed I’d prefer Walters)

4. Not sure what this means but probably even, just one team is currently better at strategically bending the rules

5. Storm obviously have a better system at least for now

6. Historically Storm but in this scenario we’ve just managed to poach 6 of the storms best players and managed to fit them under our cap so Broncos win by a landslide

7. Prefer winning but we’ve been one of the most successful teams of all time and are trending back up so I’m not about to jump ship.

How did I go?

That's a good pick up, he still has quite a bit to offer. I think he's better depth than Pereira comfortably.
He has shown he can be elite at his best. Pereira has shown he can be almost NRL quality at his best.

Here's an interesting exercise. Jot down:

1. all the 2021 Storm players (including Addo Carr, Hynes, etc) you'd like to poach if you could.
2. all the Broncos players you consider "must keeps."
3. your dream coach out of Kevvie and Bellamy.
4. the team you think gets the best favours. Your choices are the Broncos and the Storm.
5. the team with the best "system."
6. the team with the best recruitment.
7. whether you enjoy usually winning or losing.

You might actually be a closet Storm fan. Save yourself the pain and come out now.
They're all the reasons I hate the Storm. Definitely not a closet fan.

They're all the reasons I hate the Storm. Definitely not a closet fan.
Do you hate winning or just love losing?

(can you tell it's the off-season yet?)

That's a good pick up, he still has quite a bit to offer. I think he's better depth than Pereira comfortably.

Lets hope if he gets a contract he behaves himself and starts turning up to training on time.

Just hate seeing where we used to be and wishing we were still there.
We're on the way back, have faith. Winning changes everything and it starts with the team's and players attitudes. I believe those attitudes are again aligning and KW(and Alf) are guiding the way. Agree with you though.

If we did somehow land Grant (I know the Storm won’t release him early but I don’t care, I want him signed November 1). But let’s say it happens, this could be our side at some point next year:

1. Cobbo
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee/Mariner
5. Farnworth
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Grant
10. Flegler
11. Riki
12. Capewell
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. James/Carrigan
16. Robati
17. Piakura

Wowsers!
Love the side but can we stop offending Carrigan and put a bit of respect on his name and realise he will definitely be in that side before Flegler, James, Robati and Piakura

Love the side but can we stop offending Carrigan and put a bit of respect on his name and realise he will definitely be in that side before Flegler, James, Robati and Piakura

Piakura yes, the others I'm not so sure.

Ben Ikin on Nene Macdonald:

“We have some train and trial contracts to give out, so Kevvie meets with each of the affiliate clubs just to talk through who they are looking at for a train and trial contracts,” Ikin said.

“Norths have put forward Nene‘s name for a train and trial contract, so Kevvie was keen to catch up with him.

“It could potentially eventuate. Kevvie is talking to him and Norths are keen, so depending on what opportunities Nene has got, then there is every chance he lands one, yes.

“If someone is prepared to give the best of themselves, it‘s not a huge opportunity, but it’s an opportunity and if he shows us his best, who knows what comes of it.

“We have multiple train and trial contracts across the three affiliates, so guys like Nene will be hungry for an opportunity.”

sorry sprojy usually your pretty good with assessments but you seem to have forgotten how good Carrigan was this time round

I'm not forgetting how good he was, I'm just also not forgetting how good Robati is and will become. Flegler, like it or not, is now a SOO player and Kevvie has mentioned multiple times that he sees Haas and Flegs as the long term prop duo moving forward. Carrigan MIGHT be ahead of Robati but if The Cyclone puts in a big preseason, it won't be for long.

I'm not forgetting how good he was, I'm just also not forgetting how good Robati is and will become. Flegler, like it or not, is now a SOO player and Kevvie has mentioned multiple times that he sees Haas and Flegs as the long term prop duo moving forward. Carrigan MIGHT be ahead of Robati but if The Cyclone puts in a big preseason, it won't be for long.
Sprojy. Just wait and see. Carrigan will be great next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • lynx000
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.