Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Smith's agent is set to email all 16 clubs on Monday directing them to submit their best offers.
What offer would you throw at him to join the club?

Brandon Smith's manager, Stan Martin says:

“We’ve said all along we’ll be waiting until November 1 when clubs can officially table contract offers and then making our next move from there,” Martin told Fox Sports.

“I’ll be sending out an email to all clubs on Monday letting them know that if they’re still interested then it’s time to submit their best offer for Brandon.

“We’ll soon separate the wheat from the chaff. It’s no longer about expressions of interest.”

Dickhead Matt Tripp says:

“We’re well aware of the fact the gloves are going to be coming off next week but we’re also hopeful what Melbourne Storm can offer in terms of being at a successful NRL club will mean we can be competitive,” Tripp told Fox Sports.

Brandon Smith's manager, Stan Martin says:

“We’ve said all along we’ll be waiting until November 1 when clubs can officially table contract offers and then making our next move from there,” Martin told Fox Sports.

“I’ll be sending out an email to all clubs on Monday letting them know that if they’re still interested then it’s time to submit their best offer for Brandon.

“We’ll soon separate the wheat from the chaff. It’s no longer about expressions of interest.”

Dickhead Matt Tripp says:

“We’re well aware of the fact the gloves are going to be coming off next week but we’re also hopeful what Melbourne Storm can offer in terms of being at a successful NRL club will mean we can be competitive,” Tripp told Fox Sports.
The Storm offer (likely pulled out of the journos ass) is $2.2mil over 3 years. I think anything above $700k is already getting on the higher side for Smith so I don’t see him leaving Melbourne unless it’s on dumb money.

Gold Coast titans have entered the chat....

Train Reality GIF

The Australian Dolphins will likely be the big offer you would think. A package deal Munster and the Cheesecake, the coke boys heading up to Wayne manor for a bit of correction and fatherly love. Get them back on the straight and narrow.

Club cant afford to get into a pissing match for smith however we should still throw a decent offer at him to drive his price up for the dolphins roosters and titans to fight with the storm over him

Club cant afford to get into a pissing match for smith however we should still throw a decent offer at him to drive his price up for the dolphins roosters and titans to fight with the storm over him
I have a feeling that Smith wants to come to SE QLD because his parents are reportedly coming to Brisbane to live.
As good as he is as a player, there's still something about him that would bring caution with signing him.
I would definitely like Broncos to make a serious offer but nothing over 650-700, 000. I think the Dolphins would be in the box seat though as they could probably outbid everyone else and he would be a marquee signing that would help attract other players.

"Might of" is correct. Everyone knows that. It's also "I seen" not "I saw." Maybe it was different 50 years ago, but times have changed and people are more educated now.
This is the most wrong you have ever been, and by God that's a high bar, yet still you managed it.

I will tell you a secret, I am an academic in language studies at a university, I feel confident in my understanding of the word 'of'. You can twist it however you like, the reality is, no one uses this definition of the word "of"

I hope you're joking if you think might've and might of are the same thing- you shouldn't be teaching at all.

He isn’t. He’s parodying @Sproj who said the exact same thing, correcting him a few weeks back. His feelings are obviously very hurt…
I hope you're joking if you think might've and might of are the same thing- you shouldn't be teaching at all.
This is the most wrong you have ever been, and by God that's a high bar, yet still you managed it.
I'm sorry, the card says "might of"

Looks as though they want to give us a chance.

Ignoring the click-bait headline, the NRL is just concerned about the gap between clubs and they're exploring ways they can help bridge it. It appears a journalist put a rookie draft to Abdo and he didn't completely dismiss it.

My view is that the salary cap creates an ebb and flow and if you don't manage it correctly one bad recruitment drive can sink your club.

When the global pandemic hit it exacerbated matters and clubs that were attempting a rebuild really felt the brunt of it.

Typically there is a bounce back factor in the NRL but without the lower grades there was a real shortage of blue chip players to bring in.

A lot of coaches lost their job due to this and new coaches came in and had to inherit the mess. So a few clubs had to take a couple of steps backwards to move forward. Then on top of that you had rule changes that just allowed teams to dominate field position and then on top of that you had the farcical head high crackdown that ruined the game.

I think the situation is going to improve as some clubs have a better handle on the current meta but if they want to make the game more competitive they really need to scale the rules back and introduce common sense options like subsidies for player development.

wasn't the draft system knocked on the head a fair few years back?

i'm sure the player association got involved and put an end to it. something about players were not happy with not being able to decide who they play for.

what makes the nrl think this will be any different.

I'm actually not to sure if a draft system is good for the nrl or not?

does it do its job in other sports of evening the playing field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.