Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Kevvie gives whatever 5/8 he goes with a decent stint to establish a combination with Reynolds, the way it's shaping it could be a situation where we have a new 5/8 every week

Obviously Roberts isn’t going to get a game unless unusual circumstances permit. But I rate the current approach to train and trial players, where we get some older experienced and good q-cup players to fill the spots so that we have capable players in the event of mass injuries or suspensions. Smart moves. I wouldn’t oppose chucking Luke Bateman one as well

Obviously Roberts isn’t going to get a game unless unusual circumstances permit. But I rate the current approach to train and trial players, where we get some older experienced and good q-cup players to fill the spots so that we have capable players in the event of mass injuries or suspensions. Smart moves. I wouldn’t oppose chucking Luke Bateman one as well

You can’t play them; one of them would have to move into the 30 and take up the last spot to be played.

I hope Kevvie gives whatever 5/8 he goes with a decent stint to establish a combination with Reynolds, the way it's shaping it could be a situation where we have a new 5/8 every week
At the risk of sounding pessimistic, we have to be prepared for Adam to spend a good chunk of next season on the sidelines injured. Ideally, he'll be training a five-eighth and deputising our future half.

You can’t play them; one of them would have to move into the 30 and take up the last spot to be played.
I think if you look at the Roosters this year, the NRL allowed them to use players that otherwise would not have been permitted outside of the 30. Also I thought you could use train and trial players post a set date.

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, we have to be prepared for Adam to spend a good chunk of next season on the sidelines injured. Ideally, he'll be training a five-eighth and deputising our future half.
We have to be prepared for any player to spend a good chunk of the year on the sidelines. in saying that from Adams history he is not exactly known for being out long periods with injuries. The good news is our half depth is the best it's been in years.

I think if you look at the Roosters this year, the NRL allowed them to use players that otherwise would not have been permitted outside of the 30. Also I thought you could use train and trial players post a set date.

Yeah round 11, but it doesn’t happen too much. 23 last year across the competition.

Problem is they’re normally older players themselves and end up injured. 9/23 were older than 24.

You have your six Dev players too.

We have to be prepared for any player to spend a good chunk of the year on the sidelines. in saying that from Adams history he is not exactly known for being out long periods with injuries. The good news is our half depth is the best it's been in years.
Yep.

Based on what?
Based on being realistic. Based on Souths not willing to take the gamble on him we did. We can't bank our season on his fitness. We have to use him as a transitional player, and we have to do that from the day he arrives. That's why I see him as much an assistant on field coach as player.

Yep.

Based on being realistic. Based on Souths not willing to take the gamble on him we did. We can't bank our season on his fitness. We have to use him as a transitional player, and we have to do that from the day he arrives. That's why I see him as much an assistant on field coach as player.
So…based on nothing?

I have fifteen Australian cents here. It's yours if he plays the full season.
There’s every chance he won’t. Many players won’t play the full season, it’s part and parcel but I want to know what in particular makes Reynolds odds of this worth noting?

You’ve made it sound like he’s barely held together and is basically coaching staff.

The Rabbits only offered Walker a 1 year contract too. Is his significant absence an inevitability too?

Courier mail saying we've offered Tyrone Roberts & Nene Macdonald train and trial deals.

I know that Nene had been reported previously, but this is the first I've seen of Roberts linked with us.
I like the idea of those two on trail and trials with Nene possibly moving into the 30 for next year. Tyrone will do his best work on the training paddock and off the field.
Having those older experienced heads in and around training is like having extra coaches that the younger lads might feel more comfortable to talk to about preparation etc.
Smart move its what the teams been lacking in.

Think Nene could start for us tbh, he showed this year in qcup hes obviously still got the talent

Still cant see the point in Mcdonald for 2022 when we have Oates and Pereira for next year. He only played 4 games in ISC and didnt manage a try.

Still cant see the point in Mcdonald for 2022 when we have Oates and Pereira for next year. He only played 4 games in ISC and didnt manage a try.
i just dont rate oates at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RodF
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • DrGee
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • kman
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.