Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they can talk to him as much as they like as long as its not contract based. Did he sign another extension? i though he was only contracted until the end of 2023.
They can but they shouldn’t be and nor should he.

He’s on contract until end of 2024. They shouldn’t be meeting with him.

End of 23, you can talk to him at anytime as long as you’re talking about 2024 and not trying to break a contract.

Moley has said we've signed Ethan Quai-Ward.

Had a good season for the Souths Logan Magpies this year and looks the goods.

Appears to only be a one year deal.

Is this another train and trial deal or is he in our top 30?
If it’s top 30 our roster should be full now.

Heard on Triple M Tonight that the Dolphins have met with Cobbo. Nothing else was mentioned other than it was a “shot across the bow” of the broncos
I don’t believe it one bit… They are looking for clicks and a narrative to keep the stories ticking over. Guarantee Cobbo and Carrigan will be on new juicy contracts (hopefully not to juicy) soon.

Is this another train and trial deal or is he in our top 30?
If it’s top 30 our roster should be full now.

He's on a full time NRL deal, whatever that means.

I have a feeling we'll lose Herbie to the Dolphins at some stage.

I have a feeling we'll lose Herbie to the Dolphins at some stage.
I really like him, and want to see him play with Capewell and some decent halves. I'd definitely lose others before Herbie.

I really like him, and want to see him play with Capewell and some decent halves. I'd definitely lose others before Herbie.
Totally agree there, if he can fix up his draw and pass a bit and keep his defence solid then he's a top 5 centre to me. I would move on Oates easily to open the wing spot for him.

Totally agree there, if he can fix up his draw and pass a bit and keep his defence solid then he's a top 5 centre to me. I would move on Oates easily to open the wing spot for him.
Why does he need to improve his draw and pass if you are gonna make him a winger ?

Silly season in full swing

PSM playing smart games with Storm and Cowboys.
SFX turning Smith into an eBay bidding war (also the Haas situation)
Dolphins having a crack at everything to deliberately get their prices down.
O'Brien and Brooks "had" the same manager, yet no one wants to go on record.

Thankfully this is probably one of the only seasons in recent years i can remember that our players are in the middle of manager games.

I like herbie at wing. He is deceptively big and makes a lot of hit up metres, is pretty good under the high ball (at least in attack from what I've seen) but also has speed (which our game plans have not really utilised yet) which he can use to take advantage of a bit of space.

I like herbie at wing. He is deceptively big and makes a lot of hit up metres, is pretty good under the high ball (at least in attack from what I've seen) but also has speed (which our game plans have not really utilised yet) which he can use to take advantage of a bit of space.
yeah that's where I think he should play, there is better options for the centre positions.

I agree, but skills like that are what separates naturally great players from not so great players. I'm not sure they're a thing to fix so much as a skill you should already have to get the job. Herbie appears to generally lack awareness of other players around him. I've seen him put in some reasonable grubbers, but I wouldn't say he has that superhuman knack of setting them up that some players seem to have. The kid tries hard though. Can't fault his effort. Everyone likes him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.