Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins are reportedly in a bidding war with the Titans over Tino. GC has apparently offered him $3.3 million for four years. But Tino is in two minds. Sounds a bit like Fifita all over again.

I'd love to have him on our books but we shouldn't spend that kind of cash.

The Dolphins are reportedly in a bidding war with the Titans over Tino. GC has apparently offered him $3.3 million for four years. But Tino is in two minds. Sounds a bit like Fifita all over again.

I’m so glad we only really have Herbie and Carrigan of worth off contract this off season - the Dolphins have caused some pretty good inflation and some real headaches teams with stars off contract - especially Melbourne and Titans.

I’m so glad we only really have Herbie and Carrigan of worth off contract this off season - the Dolphins have caused some pretty good inflation and some real headaches teams with stars off contract - especially Melbourne and Titans.
I don't think we'll lose either - if we want to keep them. Herbie needs to scores tries and Patty needs to show us why he should be the next captain.

I don't think we'll lose either - if we want to keep them. Herbie needs to scores tries and Patty needs to show us why he should be the next captain.
That wasn’t really my point

The Titans will outbid themselves again. Dolphins MO currently is driving everyones price up so they can grab the astutue buys. They know WB at the helm will get them a 10-15% discount on players. They literally cant lose by crippling other clubs on deals.

The Titans will outbid themselves again. Dolphins MO currently is driving everyones price up so they can grab the astutue buys. They know WB at the helm will get them a 10-15% discount on players. They literally cant lose by crippling other clubs on deals.

But I thought the Dolphins weren’t meant to cannibalise the other clubs …

Oh yeah, I get what you mean now. But I'm sure we'll still be going to market and competing with them.
Yeah we’ll probably cop it in the 2022-23 off season when Cobbo and a few others become available for poaching. Shouldn’t be quite as bad though as at least some money and positions will be filled at the Phins.

I dont think Bennett is gonna get the discount he normally gets this time around as the club isn't set up yet. He has no systems in place what so ever yet and he is gonna need some marquees if he wants to get the discounts he is looking for.

I dont think Bennett is gonna get the discount he normally gets this time around as the club isn't set up yet. He has no systems in place what so ever yet and he is gonna need some marquees if he wants to get the discounts he is looking for.
What systems are we talking about?

I think they need to nail down their first signing to start things ticking over.... I think what they would be looking for with their first signing is someone who will be a top 5 player in their team and also potentially the captain.

That sets the precedent for where the team is going.

Unfortunately BSmith, Tino and even Ponga probably arent captain material. Munster might be on a pinch but he ain't getting their for the inaugural season.

I think it actually wouldve been best for NRL to hold off until 2024 to give them some breathing room.... potentially they will just relax the contracting for them to allow them to sign players for 2024 as of now.

However that doesnt help them for 2023, and they still need to sign their inaugural captain for 2023... cant start your history with a stopgap captain

I think they need to nail down their first signing to start things ticking over.... I think what they would be looking for with their first signing is someone who will be a top 5 player in their team and also potentially the captain.

Unfortunately BSmith, Tino and even Ponga probably arent captain material. Munster might be on a pinch but he ain't getting their for the inaugural season.

I think it actually wouldve been best for NRL to hold off until 2024 to give them some breathing room.... potentially they will just relax the contracting for them to allow them to sign players for 2024 as of now.

However that doesnt help them for 2023, and they still need to sign their inaugural captain for 2023... cant start your history with a stopgap captain
Welch.

Yeah good call.

He's got captain material about him.

He's kind of only getting recognition for the last 1-2yrs, so he might be a little young on the experience side to know how well it would be received... but I could see it happening.

There isn't a single "Phlogs" fan that wasn't hoping to see a dozen Broncos off contract heading into 2023, I am not worried in the slightest about Cobbo, the kid literally had dreams of playing for the club growing up and Kevvie has been there for him every step of the way, even when Kevvie wasn't officially employed by the club he was giving Cobbo opportunities in the younger QLD teams.

I have been told numerous times Redcliffe has an outstanding player development program, well they're gonna fkn need one.

There isn't a single "Phlogs" fan that wasn't hoping to see a dozen Broncos off contract heading into 2023, I am not worried in the slightest about Cobbo, the kid literally had dreams of playing for the club growing up and Kevvie has been there for him every step of the way, even when Kevvie wasn't officially employed by the club he was giving Cobbo opportunities in the younger QLD teams.

I have been told numerous times Redcliffe has an outstanding player development program, well they're gonna fkn need one.

I'm a Phins fan and i wasnt hoping to see a dozen players off contract from the Broncos. I know plenty of them as well and i can categorically say they have zero interest in the type of thing you are coming out with. Most Redcliffe supporters really couldnt care less about Brisbane. They will be like any other NRL club now in terms of player recruitment. If a good player is off contract, they will go for him if they can fit him under the cap.

Put it this way, the titans already had Campbell, Prince, Bailey and Matt Rodgers signed at this stage when they were this far out from joining the comp. The dolphins are so far behind its not funny

I'm a Phins fan and i wasnt hoping to see a dozen players off contract from the Broncos. I know plenty of them as well and i can categorically say they have zero interest in the type of thing you are coming out with. Most Redcliffe supporters really couldnt care less about Brisbane. They will be like any other NRL club now in terms of player recruitment. If a good player is off contract, they will go for him if they can fit him under the cap.

You have to be concerned that as we head into pre-season, they haven't named a single player yet, as the season rolls on and players commit to further deals it's only to become harder for Redcliffe to recruit, particularly a big name.

Probably be a lot easier to recruit a few if the club in the same area had a few that were looking for an out and contractually that was an option, that's not the case, at least not contractually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • broncotville
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Big Del
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Culhwch
  • bert_lifts
  • Allo
  • maddo
  • johnny plath
  • Fitzy
  • Wendall Taylor
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.