Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is about 185k.

I'd put him on a fringe contract of about 200k. We've paid one month of it, which is about 15k
Minus the amount his replacement is paid.

My guess is about 185k.

I'd put him on a fringe contract of about 200k. We've paid one month of it, which is about 15k

That's assuming Warriors are taking on his whole wage for the remainder of the 12 months.

Chances are, they aren't.

Why would we let him go if they arent? I cant see us being silly enough to do that. Sounds like the kind of bullshit story the CM would make up

Because he's fallen down the pecking order and they don't see him getting game time this year.

But how does that benefit us to let him go and pay part of his wage?

Still frees up more money to bring in someone that's higher in the pecking order.

It's quite common for clubs loaning players to pay part of the wage.

My guess is about 185k.

Well in the NRL magical fairy land $185k can turn into $600k (TPJ last year) if we just hold off picking someone up until right on the top 30 cutoff point

Still frees up more money to bring in someone that's higher in the pecking order.

It's quite common for clubs loaning players to pay part of the wage.

So we are going to pay part of his already low wage and pick up someone better for say minimum wage?

So we are going to pay part of his already low wage and pick up someone better for say minimum wage?
I guess technically we have payed part since nov 1?

I guess technically we have payed part since nov 1?

I don’t think this is what’s being suggested though. It sounds like we are paying an additional amount according to this idea.

I don’t think this is what’s being suggested though. It sounds like we are paying an additional amount according to this idea.
Say you have $200k free in your cap and a full top 30.

Loan out Arthur’s now you have ~$400k and a spare spot. That can buy you a decent starter, especially if you backend the contract.

Alternatively a player like Harris might be given a top 30 spot to prevent signing with the Dolphins.

There’s a few ways that could be an advantage.

Say you have $200k free in your cap and a full top 30.

Loan out Arthur’s now you have ~$400k and a spare spot. That can buy you a decent starter, especially if you backend the contract.

Alternatively a player like Harris might be given a top 30 spot to prevent signing with the Dolphins.

There’s a few ways that could be an advantage.

Sure but you are going to have even more by paying none of his remaining wage right? I get the Broncs have done some dumb deals in recent years but paying a chunk of a loaned player already on a low wage doesn’t make much sense to me, especially given he’s very good depth.

Sure but you are going to have even more by paying none of his remaining wage right? I get the Broncs have done some dumb deals in recent years but paying a chunk of a loaned player already on a low wage doesn’t make much sense to me, especially given he’s very good depth.
You mean by offloading him completely rather than the loan? I’m genuinely not understanding what your first sentence is saying.

You mean by offloading him completely rather than the loan? I’m genuinely not understanding what your first sentence is saying.

If you are loaning a player, why would you agree to it if you have to pay some of the loan yourself? Why not just keep the player in that case. All you are doing is benefiting another club. Essentially, the wording of the announcement implies that Arthars for all intents and purposes is a Warrior for 2022, so why should we have to pay ANY of his remaining wage?

The Warriors need a back, we gave them one, we are doing them a favour not the other way around. So why do another club a favour AND pay some of the wage to boot?

I’m not sure what’s so difficult to understand? Which bank would provide a loan AND then pay for part of it themselves? That’s just dumb.

If you are loaning a player, why would you agree to it if you have to pay some of the loan yourself? Why not just keep the player in that case. All you are doing is benefiting another club. Essentially, the wording of the announcement implies that Arthars for all intents and purposes is a Warrior for 2022, so why should we have to pay ANY of his remaining wage?

The Warriors need a back, we gave them one, we are doing them a favour not the other way around. So why do another club a favour AND pay some of the wage to boot?

I’m not sure what’s so difficult to understand? Which bank would provide a loan AND then pay for part of it themselves? That’s just dumb.
I dont think the broncos are paying any of his wage for the remainder of the season, so the whole argument is moot.

The only issue I have with this would be if he were to sustain a long-term injury later in the season that would prevent him from playing a portion of the season in 2023.

I have been pretty impressed with how DD and ikin have been operating so far, so am happy to assume they have a larger plan behind this move that would benefit our club.

Why would we let him go if they arent? I cant see us being silly enough to do that. Sounds like the kind of bullshit story the CM would make up

I was thinking we were doing good business with the Warriors when Walsh went, we never actually got anything out of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.