Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
marty taupau apparently has no interest for next year,would it be worth offering him a 1 year deal similar to ryan james even just to have him around the young guys?
We have enough role models at the minute who are undoubtedly doing their job.

I suspect those who are tasked with retention and recruitment will be having sleepless nights trying to stretch available dollars to keep our up and coming team intact. Most important.

I feel confident they now have their finger on the pulse and it won’t be that long before players of Marty's ilk will want to come to a powerful team that we were - and are again.

More importantly for us to be in a position, financially, to entertain them.

Broncs should offer Matt Lodge a minimum contract for the rest of this year.
The fucker got a $700k handshake from the Warriors and is now farting around in QLD club rugby union.

Hodges attitude changed.

Fifita is the same, lazy player who pulls a rabbit out of the hat once or twice every 11 games or so and everyone jizzes their pants over it.

Meanwhile his team has lost 8 of those 11 games because they are so ludicrously unbalanced thanks to his $1.3m a year salary, while his former team who invested in their spine instead of a lazy backrower are sitting equal 4th on the ladder…
Hodges attitude changed over time. Much the same way Fifita's might. Do you not recall the level of hatred between the two when he was at the Roosters? Remember Casey McGuire landing one on his chin because he was an obnoxious wanker? And yet, over time, he returned and became a beloved member of the squad ... and eventual captain.

As for your second sentence, I'm not sure you can blame Fifita for taking the 1.2mill on offer and somehow purposely fucking over the Titans. He didn't hold a gun to their head demanding that much. They chose to offer that much.

You’ll see
Hopefully!

Broncs should offer Matt Lodge a minimum contract for the rest of this year.
Watch the warriors start winning a few games now Lodge isnt there to blatantly ignore the teams game plans. Him and AFB basically just take the ball away from the halves every set to get their stats up.

Watch the warriors start winning a few games now Lodge isnt there to blatantly ignore the teams game plans. Him and AFB basically just take the ball away from the halves every set to get their stats up.
When have the Warriors ever had plans? They are a shamble. You can say every negative thing in the world about Lodge personally, but one thing you can't say, is he isn't an elite prop.

When have the Warriors ever had plans? They are a shamble. You can say every negative thing in the world about Lodge personally, but one thing you can't say, is he isn't an elite prop.
Watch the way they play currently. When AFB and Lodge are on the field the halves don't touch the ball until the 5th which is for the kick. **** even when they had 11 on 13 against the sharks they were still just hitting the ball up. They kill the attacking play in the 20. Is it any surprise that our team has improved immensely in the past 18 months in attack since we let him go? Our players are learning that you pass it to the spine players in the attacking zone because they are the ones who generate the points

Watch the way they play currently. When AFB and Lodge are on the field the halves don't touch the ball until the 5th which is for the kick. **** even when they had 11 on 13 against the sharks they were still just hitting the ball up. They kill the attacking play in the 20. Is it any surprise that our team has improved immensely in the past 18 months in attack since we let him go? Our players are learning that you pass it to the spine players in the attacking zone because they are the ones who generate the points
So it's the props fault the ball is passed to them? Or are Lodge and AFB intercepting passes directed to the halves?

I think you're blaming the wrong people.

So it's the props fault the ball is passed to them? Or are Lodge and AFB intercepting passes directed to the halves?

I think you're blaming the wrong people.
It is when they overide the halves like what he was doing at our club before. Look at what has happened since we got rid of Turpin at 9. The correct people are getting the ball now when needed.

If the halves want the ball then they should be standing at first receiver, demanding the ball, barking orders and pushing players out of the way if necessary to get their hands on the footy.

If the ball is going to the props instead of the halves then the halves aren't doing their job going looking for the ball, putting themselves in position to receive and organising everyone around them. Halves (should) dictate who gets the ball and when ... unless you have a rogue dummy half. Either way, its not the prop's fault.

Truly one of the most underrated aspects of a halve's game is the confidence and brashness to want to constantly get the football in their hands. There are far too many passive halves (looking at you Milf) happy to put themselves in position on the 5th and get involved only if the ball happens to come their way, instead of demanding service.

This was happening at the Broncos with Haas and Carigan as well before Reynolds arrived. It still occasionally happens now too.

It's also getting to certain points on the field so the plays can be executed. If the play is to take one to the posts and hit a sweep play left and the bloke taking the hitup goes rogue and runs to the left where the play is ment to go that throws everything off.
I heard Lodge was doing this at the Broncos but thats only rumour I don't know for sure but it is a confidence that we look better since he left.
Guys like Palasia, Jensen, RK are great because they get to their points Payne and Patty have been really improving in this also.

It is when they overide the halves like what he was doing at our club before. Look at what has happened since we got rid of Turpin at 9. The correct people are getting the ball now when needed.
What? You are arguing against your own point. You literally just said look at what happened when we got rid of Turpin. Are you drunk?

So looks like we are going to have an extra 800k to play with next year and beyond, so let's leave the Payne being a moron discussion to the other thread and discuss here, what do we do with the money?

Do we throw a bone at Fifita?
Do we tell the Roosters no go unless Walker and change comes back our way?
Do we see if Mahoney can swallow his pride and break his Bulldogs' contract?
Do we go for Walsh?
Do we go for Munster?
Do we go for something else?
Do we extend and upgrade the guys we still like in Patty, Kobe, Selwyn, Flegs and even Herbie?

So looks like we are going to have an extra 800k to play with next year and beyond, so let's leave the Payne being a moron discussion to the other thread and discuss here, what do we do with the money?

Do we throw a bone at Fifita?
Do we tell the Roosters no go unless Walker and change comes back our way?
Do we see if Mahoney can swallow his pride and break his Bulldogs' contract?
Do we go for Walsh?
Do we go for Munster?
Do we go for something else?
Do we extend and upgrade the guys we still like in Patty, Kobe, Selwyn, Flegs and even Herbie?
I'd rule out the Fifita & Mahoney options.. the rest I'd entertain

I've been impressed wit DD and co since they came to the club ... I give them extra points for not only telling Haas that he won't be getting a pay raise (the 850k he is on next year, and in particular the 950k he will be on in 2024 is already overs), but also that he won't be released. 👋

I would go one step further though and go fully Storm-like on this matter, by letting it be known that we are prepared to release Haas ... IF we get a player of similar standing in return.

Parker's claim that money isn't the sole motivation for Haas is complete BS. because no premiership contender will pay him the $1.2 million a season he wants, otherwise they'll no longer be premiership contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • bazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.