Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they're running their eye over every club who needs a good prop and has an elite fullback/hooker in their ranks

That's the only real benefit I can see us getting out of this situation, if they don't release him and he feels disrespected by the club, I can't see how either party comes out with anything

Hoops wrote today that the Roosters "were super confident they had Cobbo all but over the line to join the Moore Park-based club next year"

Roosters struggling so they'll probably sign Haas and Cobbo.

Haas wants out ... let him go, sick of these friggin' prima donnas holding the club to ransom, let the bean-counters do their job and make sure the ledger is in the black when all the dust settles and there's a new face on the roster that actually wants to play in the maroon and gold ... and just move on. This Haas contract saga has bloody hairs on it!

So looks like we are going to have an extra 800k to play with next year and beyond, so let's leave the Payne being a moron discussion to the other thread and discuss here, what do we do with the money?

Do we throw a bone at Fifita?
Do we tell the Roosters no go unless Walker and change comes back our way?
Do we see if Mahoney can swallow his pride and break his Bulldogs' contract?
Do we go for Walsh?
Do we go for Munster?
Do we go for something else?
Do we extend and upgrade the guys we still like in Patty, Kobe, Selwyn, Flegs and even Herbie?
Munster > Walker/ Walsh > Fifi. All four will probably do more for our side than Haas tbh. I wouldn't release Haas to the rorters unless they were willing to part with one of Keary, Walker, or maybe Manu.

So looks like we are going to have an extra 800k to play with next year and beyond, so let's leave the Payne being a moron discussion to the other thread and discuss here, what do we do with the money?

Do we throw a bone at Fifita?
Do we tell the Roosters no go unless Walker and change comes back our way?
Do we see if Mahoney can swallow his pride and break his Bulldogs' contract?
Do we go for Walsh?
Do we go for Munster?
Do we go for something else?
Do we extend and upgrade the guys we still like in Patty, Kobe, Selwyn, Flegs and even Herbie?

Firstly I'd be locking up what we have and build from that.
The Herbie/Selwyn at fullback plays a factor in what we recruit, either could be better than Walsh at fullback in some aspects if they live up to expectations but that's a big if, but you can make it work with Selwyn, Reece and Herbie all in the team so you wouldn't say no.
Stealing Walker from the Roosters would be a big play and solve a spine issue once Reno hangs up the boots, having Sam finish his apprenticeship next to Adam would put alot of polish on him, I think making a play for him is a must.
Munster is a ready to go Australian half so not making a play would be silly.

A left field option could be Cody Walker if he's unhappy at Souths, I don't really like him and it would only be a short term bonus but to team him up with his old mate Adam with the backline we have would be exciting.

Hodges attitude changed over time. Much the same way Fifita's might. Do you not recall the level of hatred between the two when he was at the Roosters? Remember Casey McGuire landing one on his chin because he was an obnoxious wanker? And yet, over time, he returned and became a beloved member of the squad ... and eventual captain.

As for your second sentence, I'm not sure you can blame Fifita for taking the 1.2mill on offer and somehow purposely fucking over the Titans. He didn't hold a gun to their head demanding that much. They chose to offer that much.

Hopefully!
I don’t blame him for taking the money, who wouldn’t in his position?

I blame him for being lazy, taking short-cuts and the Tits for being a shit club who are prepared to throw stupid money at players who don’t deserve it and run 13th accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.