Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

What is Tallis supposed to be doing at the Titans? He's the worst ambassador. All he does is stick up for his mate Kevvie and the Broncos. Begs the question why he doesn't have some sort of contrived position with us.
He think he is stuck now. He took the job there because he hates Wayne and was then pissed that Kevvie didn’t get the job over Seibold. I don’t think he ever saw his best mate getting the head coaching role so now he is in limbo.

If reckon us going after Fifita has something to do with Piakura's bloated contract. If he leaves or we resign him on what he's actually worth (minimum wage), we would almost have enough for Fifita right there.

Quite possibly yep. My thoughts are that Flegs and Palasia’s money probably get taken up by Fifita. Herbie’s and TC’s money gets taken up by Haas and Carrigan.

If reckon us going after Fifita has something to do with Piakura's bloated contract. If he leaves or we resign him on what he's actually worth (minimum wage), we would almost have enough for Fifita right there.

I got Piakura confused with Palasia for a hot minute.

His last contract would've been on potential, he hasn't shown enough to re-sign on anything more than a fringe contract.

I got Piakura confused with Palasia for a hot minute.

His last contract would've been on potential, he hasn't shown enough to re-sign on anything more than a fringe contract.
I believe he was signed for like 400k. I'd offer him 150k for a 1 year extension at most.

Quite possibly yep. My thoughts are that Flegs and Palasia’s money probably get taken up by Fifita. Herbie’s and TC’s money gets taken up by Haas and Carrigan.

Robati's salary isnt going to cover Payne and Pat and i doubt Fleglers will either. Pats on $450k now. Thats going to get roughly doubled you would think. If Payne and his management stick to their guns we are looking at $200k plus for him. $650k is Fleglers salary.

Robati's salary isnt going to cover Payne and Pat and i doubt Fleglers will either. Pats on $450k now. Thats going to get roughly doubled you would think. If Payne and his management stick to their guns we are looking at $200k plus for him. $650k is Fleglers salary.
would think we would have something spare i think we didnt do resignings after the cap was locked in but before?

would think we would have something spare i think we didnt do resignings after the cap was locked in but before?

We should have, but if we want to stop the likes of Mam, Carrigan, Payne, Mariner and Riki going to the open market we have some upgrading to get done. We also have to make calls on Arey and Capes.

We should have, but if we want to stop the likes of Mam, Carrigan, Payne, Mariner and Riki going to the open market we have some upgrading to get done. We also have to make calls on Arey and Capes.
would think fleggs would cover pat and payne. mariner and riki capes and reno should be about what they are on now you would think,maybe an increase in line with a % amount that the cap has gone up.

would think fleggs would cover pat and payne. mariner and riki capes and reno should be about what they are on now you would think,maybe an increase in line with a % amount that the cap has gone up.

Mariner is going to want an upgrade you would think seeing as he already has somebody chasing him hence him asking for a release. Mam will be wanting a big upgrade. Flegler's money i think should cover Pat and Payne, but they are both going to want big money.

Mariner is going to want an upgrade you would think seeing as he already has somebody chasing him hence him asking for a release. Mam will be wanting a big upgrade. Flegler's money i think should cover Pat and Payne, but they are both going to want big money.
curious on what herbie was on too

That's why you pay people to do this stuff. Let's face it, if ARey hangs around, he will be on like 2-300k on the cap. If you have to give up a Capewell to get a Fifita, no problem there either. Getting Fifita and upgrading Haas and Carrigan and whoever can all be done. We might have to lose a Piakura as well but so be it.

That's why you pay people to do this stuff. Let's face it, if ARey hangs around, he will be on like 2-300k on the cap. If you have to give up a Capewell to get a Fifita, no problem there either. Getting Fifita and upgrading Haas and Carrigan and whoever can all be done. We might have to lose a Piakura as well but so be it.

Be interesting to see how much we are willing to go to for Fifita. Just having a look at our off contract list for the next couple of years we have a lot of players we will want to keep who will be wanting more money.

Arey is interesting. If he is still playing well, i doubt we get him $300k cheap. If he's not playing well or his body is breaking down, we need probably to give Madden a better deal if he is playing well enough. Need to try to pick up a couple more like Jensen.

Be interesting to see how much we are willing to go to for Fifita. Just having a look at our off contract list for the next couple of years we have a lot of players we will want to keep who will be wanting more money.

Arey is interesting. If he is still playing well, i doubt we get him $300k cheap. If he's not playing well or his body is breaking down, we need probably to give Madden a better deal if he is playing well enough. Need to try to pick up a couple more like Jensen.
with sexton down in the pecking order at the tits would it be worth having a chat at the end of the year?

Fifitas comments post game on triple M radio to me sounds like he may be leaving.
Was asked if the contract situation is a distraction - says not on my end.
Then he said something along the lines of I've told the boys I'm here this year and I'll be working hard/putting my best in.

Can't find the interview to re-listen but it's probably nothing and just the way he said things.

Holbrook didn't sound confident at all when asked about Fifita, neither did Tino. They both reaffirmed that they spoke to him about giving his best and not letting the contract be a distraction and they both hope he stays but will support him if not. You would think everything now hinges on what Brisbane offer and if it is enough. It seems pretty clear between the lines he wants to go back to Brissy, it is just a matter now of if financially, both sides can be happy.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.