Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Damn. He’s been looking great in cup. Suits them though

He played well against the Dolphins, didn't do too much the two weeks before that. He was starting to settle in.

I admire the way he always finds a way to get through injuries or change of position he adapts. He's been up to ISC and then back to Colts and bench then lock against Dolphins.

He finished last season in Colts playing seven and scoring two tries and then is starting lock in round three in Cup and scores two tries.

That's pretty rare in a young player. Might not play 150 NRL games but will always be a spot at clubs for those type of players.

wouldnt be suprised if griffin is assholed from the dragons if we werent a shot and bringing hunt back to brisbane would come down if he wanted to play 9 imo.

wouldnt be suprised if griffin is assholed from the dragons if we werent a shot and bringing hunt back to brisbane would come down if he wanted to play 9 imo.
He's older than Adam Reynolds.

Badel has joined the rumour circus on Payne's extension. There's nothing new here:

News Corp can reveal Brisbane hierarchy have upped the ante to keep Haas at the Broncos until 2026 and beyond. The Broncos are confident Haas will ink a big-money extension and Brisbane board member Darren Lockyer confirmed the club is keen to secure the three-time Paul Morgan Medallist for the long haul.​

Lockyer:

“There is no doubt about that. He has already won three Paul Morgan Medals. He is the best prop in the game and he has done really well in keeping at bay his off-field distractions and just focusing on his footy. There is no denying how good he is for us and what he has done. He has always said he wants to win premierships. The Broncos playing well and winning on a weekly basis I think would add a bit of value to what Payne wants to do.”​
Donuts:

“We want to keep all our players, sometimes it’s possible and sometimes it’s not because of market challenges and what not, but Payne Haas is a hell of a player. We have moved on from his shock release request. He has really developed and evolved as a leader. When you look at the likes of Pat Carrigan re-signing and cementing his roots here, we want to keep a nucleus of the group that can continue to deliver sustained results."​

Carrigan:
“The thought that me and ‘Payno’ could be playing in different jerseys is something I don’t want to happen. Payne typifies what this club is about. Every time he pulls on a Broncos jersey, you know he won’t let you down and he will have a 10 out of 10 game."​
“As a club, if we can build around Payne, you know your standards will be safe in terms of football culture. He has grown up a lot as a person. He is constantly checking in on players, we are very close and I would love to play out my career with him here. We want to win a comp together. If he chooses to go somewhere else, I would understand, but I don‘t want him to go.”​

Would love it but I think he'd go to the Dolphins tbh.

like he said though he is running out of time i think we are better positioned to have a shot at winning it all than the dolphins(touch wood)

Fair point tbh

like he said though he is running out of time i think we are better positioned to have a shot at winning it all than the dolphins(touch wood)

I reckon The is pretty well positioned for next season to be honest. They still have all their old head from this year's squad but two massive additions in Flegs and Herbie. Just depends if their elder statesmen can maintain the rage. At their respective ages, falling off a cliff can happen quickly and unexpectedly.

Active Now

• Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • theshed
  • porouian
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • TimWhatley
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Nerd
  • Sproj
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.