Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

So what do you guys reckon is the key to Arthars re-signing?

I think it is fantastic for the club but now we have 6 NRL level backline players, given Mariner has also excitingly re-signed, to fit into 5 positions. Will Arthars be happy to be that 6th man or will he be loaned out? And let's deal with the elephant in the room, what does it mean for Oates or does it mean nothing at all? Oates is a genuine gun and should be a one club player AND is a lot better than Arthars and even Mariner at this stage but is also apparently on a PO for next year. If a team comes knocking and there would be some interested for sure, does he leave?

Oates is listed as having 2 player options, but i believe they are actually mutual options and i still dont know how they work.

That would be pretty cool, especially as he does slowdown as mentioned by other posters above.

The side is really building:
1. Walsh
2. Oates/Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Mariner/Cobbo
5. Cobbo/Arthars/Mariner
6. Mam
7. (Reynolds)
8. Haas (hopefully)
9. Mozer
10. Jensen/Carrigan
11. Capewell/Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan/Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Hetherington/Jensen
16. Te Kura/Willison/??
17. Oates/Plath/Piakura/??

A few young 'uns coming through too which is exciting.
Jensen is probably the weakest link in that lineup, and he's been pretty great for us. Not bad at all.

Cheeky choice of 14. Careful.

Anyone have access to this morning's Courier Mail piece on Meine Dariner's contract extension? I can only 'read today's paper'
It was really romantic.

B33556f197116510c48d183140ff928c

Unless you are the Roosters though, you can't have superstars in every position. Jensen represents excellent value for money, excellent.
The Roosters only have one superstar, and we all know who that is.

Matt Lodge mate Matt Lodge
The bargain basement superstar

The NRL`s ambassador to New York won`t be around much longer .
This season the ball is in play longer and guys like him can`t keep up for long stints .

The NRL`s ambassador to New York won`t be around much longer .
This season the ball is in play longer and guys like him can`t keep up for long stints .
What about Lodge's performance at the Roosters makes you think he won't be around long? He has been really good for them, he is a top tier prop.

What about Lodge's performance at the Roosters makes you think he won't be around long? He has been really good for them, he is a top tier prop.

I haven`t seen him play this season .
The aerobic fitness needed this season is another level . I think the Ambassador will be found out .

I haven`t seen him play this season .
The aerobic fitness needed this season is another level . I think the Ambassador will be found out .
How is this season any different from last season?

We are definitely light on props. As it stands next year:

Payne Haas 2024
Corey Jensen 2025
Xavier Willison 2025

You could theoretically add Patty in there.

We are definitely light on props. As it stands next year, not counting Patty, who's a lock now:

Payne Haas 2024
Corey Jensen 2025
Xavier Willison 2025
Kobe basically plays prop as well... if you consider all the middles doing that kind of role.

He makes his +100m and +30 tackles a game off the bench.

Oates is listed as having 2 player options, but i believe they are actually mutual options and i still dont know how they work.
I believe it basically means there’s no contract for next year but if both Oates and club say they want to stay as is they don’t need to write anything up. They can just renew the current one

I believe it basically means there’s no contract for next year but if both Oates and club say they want to stay as is they don’t need to write anything up. They can just renew the current one
That's exactly the same as no contract. Here's why:

Club: same again?
Corey: sure.
Club: sign here.

Club: same again?
Corey: nope, I want more.
Club: how much, etc

Corey: same again?
Club: nope, can't afford that.
Corey: how much, etc.

Those scenarios play out whether they have options or not.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Dexter
  • BruiserMk1
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.