Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
i mean in isolation it reads that way but no so much with the rest of the interview imo
for example this was also said in the interview

“I just want to get more games under my belt starting; I really want to get that starting position for this club week in, week out as a player.”

He seems to be dead set on starting though even in that quote. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt get that he will be off.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Yeah I just always assumed it was an unspoken agreement between everyone. Do you have any examples? I am highly entertained by this topic.

Im absolutely not making any suggestions of any wrong doing at all but I always found it funny that while a certain player was in exile for doping he decided to run a gym in Thailand of all places. often hosting players who wanted to turn their careers around doing camps there.

Also funny that although Xerri has nothing at all on right now and the dogs are dead last, he signed a year out from re-entering the testing pool, I mean comp.
Nope, no examples, per se. I also find the whole thing interesting and entertaining. I think most athletes are on some sort of regimen, and I think the sporting bodies need to make examples of some people in order to satisfy the fans that they are respectable.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
you're reading way too much into ... and I'd be surprised if there is any player in the league (especially young one) that isn't dead set on starting.
I agree. Especially as a back-rower. Different story as a prop, as that role off the bench is equally important. However, coaches don't tend to keep a 2RF on the bench for long, and being 18th man is like no-play-purgatory.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
you're reading way too much into ... and I'd be surprised if there is any player in the league (especially young one) that isn't dead set on starting.

We can also learn from our mistakes and offer him a pastrami sandwich, that'll work better.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Nope, no examples, per se. I also find the whole thing interesting and entertaining. I think most athletes are on some sort of regimen, and I think the sporting bodies need to make examples of some people in order to satisfy the fans that they are respectable.
I wish at was like WWE. Let them get as big and fast as possible, I say!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We can also learn from our mistakes and offer him a pastrami sandwich, that'll work better.
Forget the sandwich, just make them an offer they can't refuse, if we will do it to buck what about them?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I wish at was like WWE. Let them get as big and fast as possible, I say!
It sounds exactly like the WWE.

Even there they have to have some pretense of a drug test, so while Brock can piss hot for UFC he's fine in the WWE because he's part-time. However guys like Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal get released, have a pre-season, and receive a title run shortly after returning.

They're not even subtle with the women, who seem to only get major pushes after they go under the knife.

Meanwhile their competition just flat out acknowledges their top star is juicing and they don't care.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Piakura has worked hard since 2019 and the full quote shows that.

“I want to play for this club, but I’m looking for a starting jersey,” Piakura said.

“It was frustrating – all the setbacks and injuries – but I just stayed persistent, I stayed patient, and the good things came, and I’m happy with that.

“I knew that I had to get a few games under my belt and get the minutes in my legs to get used to it. I think that’s showed this year what I can do on the field.

“I just want to get more games under my belt starting; I really want to get that starting position for this club week in, week out as a player.”

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

Like i said, the optics arent great with parts of what he said, but it could be nothing. Guess we will see where his head is in the not too distant future.

And i agree, most want to start, but its better if you appear to want to get into the team through hard work.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Piakura has worked hard since 2019 and the full quote shows that.

“I want to play for this club, but I’m looking for a starting jersey,” Piakura said.

“It was frustrating – all the setbacks and injuries – but I just stayed persistent, I stayed patient, and the good things came, and I’m happy with that.

“I knew that I had to get a few games under my belt and get the minutes in my legs to get used to it. I think that’s showed this year what I can do on the field.

I think it actually comes across as really positive tbh. Starting to see a pattern here of Wolfie only backing the white players.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think it actually comes across as really positive tbh. Starting to see a pattern here of Wolfie only backing the white players.

He's done everything, he could have dropped his bundle a long time ago it's been a frustrating four years for him. I did the figures a while ago about how much football he's missed, and that cohort of 2019 has been hugely disadvantaged. He's 30 games behind at least where his development should be. Piakura is then even more because of injuries. 29 Cup games and 13 NRL games since 2020.

Sometimes mentally it takes a while to click too, and I think this year has been that for him. I keep coming back to that try he scored against Souths in round four. That's when I thought he'd mentally changed. He realised those effort plays are what makes an NRL player not the offloads and snapping blokes in half- he can do that anytime.

I can't fault his attitude or work ethic at all just needed some cogitative development.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Nerd
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
  • Galah
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • davidp
  • teampjta
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.