Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I saw the headline before but didn't read the article. I think a large part of the exodus is Redcliffe just being shit *****, but surely there must be something internal too if so many players are asking for releases all at the same time.
Yeah I got eye rolls from the usual suspect but youre in pretty extreme denial if you think it’s pure coincidence that 7 players have asked for a release in the past 12 months

I saw the headline before but didn't read the article. I think a large part of the exodus is Redcliffe just being shit *****, but surely there must be something internal too if so many players are asking for releases all at the same time.

no matter how good the company is ... when a rival comes in and starts offer your employees double their salary to do the same job, then defections en masse are inevitable.

especially when you throw in those shit ***** they call player managers into the mix; not to mention a salary cap.

Unless you're the Roosters, you'll always get one or two who ask to leave for better opportunities (it's actually a good sign if clubs want your fringe and bench players for starting positions, mean you're doing something right)

no matter how good the company is ... when a rival comes in and starts offer your employees double their salary to do the same job, then defections en masse are inevitable.

especially when you throw in those shit ***** they call player managers into the mix; not to mention a salary cap.

Unless you're the Roosters, you'll always get one or two who ask to leave for better opportunities (it's actually a good sign if clubs want your fringe and bench players for starting positions, mean you're doing something right)
Yea like all those titans players that asked for a release to play for the Dolphins? Oh wait none of them did. Haas and Palasia didn’t even want to go to the Dolphins. Turpin was heading to the knights. Gamble went to the Dolphins though - wait a second…

Yea like all those titans players that asked for a release to play for the Dolphins? Oh wait none of them did. Haas and Palasia didn’t even want to go to the Dolphins. Turpin was heading to the knights.

you mean the Titans who never even looked like competing this year.

P.s. there is still rumours around Fifita heading there; not to mention that Jarrod Wallace threatened to fire his manager if he didn't get to the Phins.

Turpin is a bad example ... no one wanted him. the Knights even pulled out.

Palasia doesn't want to leave us to be a bench player for someone else, he wants a starting role, hence him stating his preference is the Titans not the Phins.

are you sure you wouldn't prefer to support the Roosters ... you wouldn't have to worry about pesky things like a salary cap ... you'd also have Uncle Nick ready to offer a few rounds of golf to stop players leaving to play their preferred position *cough* Manu *cough*

you mean the Titans who never even looked like competing this year.

P.s. there is still rumours around Fifita heading there; not to mention that Jarrod Wallace threatened to fire his manager if he didn't get to the Phins.

Turpin is a bad example ... no one wanted him. the Knights even pulled out.

Palasia doesn't want to leave us to be a bench player for someone else, he wants a starting role, hence him stating his preference is the Titans not the Phins.

are you sure you wouldn't prefer to support the Roosters ... you wouldn't have to worry about pesky things like a salary cap ... you'd also have Uncle Nick ready to offer a few rounds of golf to stop players leaving to play their preferred position *cough* Manu *cough*
No but I do admit I’m envious of them having an NRL quality coach

I think Palasia is on a pretty cheap contract and he can see that we're signing up players in his position.... Kobe a month or so ago, followed by Haas committing to his contract and now Flegler playing the loyalty card during discussions.

If he stays in Brisbane he'll be looking at leftovers and short term deals.... GC is probably just offering a 3yr deal on ok money, maybe $300k or so, and he wants to take it whilst his value is good on the back of his half decent year last year.

If he spends this year as a bit part player his value drops and he misses his chance for a decent contract.

He had some really good games last year but also was just really inconsistent. If he could fix that he'd be a good player for just about any side.

Palasia is a decent player that would get more time elsewhere but he is just competing with the part of the team that is our strong suit, Jensen was basically the one that put him back further in the order.

it is what it is, no hard feelings and understandable.

Yea like all those titans players that asked for a release to play for the Dolphins? Oh wait none of them did. Haas and Palasia didn’t even want to go to the Dolphins. Turpin was heading to the knights. Gamble went to the Dolphins though - wait a second…
How do you know titans players haven't been asking for a release? It's wouldnt get reported anyway bcos about 3 people would read it. We hear about broncos players bcos it sells more for the media to report about a broncos players toilet breaks then it does a titans players future...

How do you know titans players haven't been asking for a release? It's wouldnt get reported anyway bcos about 3 people would read it. We hear about broncos players bcos it sells more for the media to report about a broncos players toilet breaks then it does a titans players future...
Okay, replace the titans with any other club.

Palasia
Lee
Mariner
Koloapu
Haas
Isaako
Niu
Turpin
Gamble

That’s approx a third of the 2022 top 30 plus our most promising junior either requesting to or successfully not seeing out their contract.

Alternatively, Manly just had that massive pride jersey issue, sacked a beloved coach for a wooden spooner, and half the team don’t like the other and not a single request.

Add it to Cobbo not wanting to see out the season with finals on the line, the worst ladder capitulation in NRL history, and players drawing dicks on coach’s cars - it doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

I also disagree that Titans players publicly asking for a release wouldn’t be news worthy.

We had so much depth in 2022 that we were always going to be targeted and these players aren’t strong willed enough to fight for a position. That’s all this is. Not one player who has a starting spot (Haas notwithstanding because Roosters sombrero) has requested to leave.

Also Cobbo just flat out has a shit attitude to being a pro rugby league player. From what I’ve heard from those in the know, his dream was to play for the Broncos and he’s done that. He’s going to struggle at the latter end of his career when his natural ability dwindles if he doesn’t start trying.

Also Cobbo just flat out has a shit attitude to being a pro rugby league player. From what I’ve heard from those in the know, his dream was to play for the Broncos and he’s done that. He’s going to struggle at the latter end of his career when his natural ability dwindles if he doesn’t start trying.
As in lazy?

As in lazy?
More just a super relaxed kinda bloke. No aspirations within the game because he's achieved his dream. This is already huge for him. Has a bit of the Andrew Walkers about him in the sense that he could just head home if he can't be bothered.

We had so much depth in 2022 that we were always going to be targeted and these players aren’t strong willed enough to fight for a position. That’s all this is. Not one player who has a starting spot (Haas notwithstanding because Roosters sombrero) has requested to leave.
All of them will be depth at their new clubs too though?

Turpin wasn’t going to be given a starting role at the knights, either will Gamble. Palasia is kidding himself if he thinks he will start over Mo, Tino, or Clark. Oloapu can’t even start by NRL rules.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • heartly87
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • theshed
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.