Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

The only other club I can think of that's had a flurry of these types of requests is the Warriors.

But the Tigers had this one played out in the press, which copped some flak at the time:

dragons?

Nah but we are the only club who every season have 15 juniors touted as the next best thing, who then have an over inflated sense of worth and expect to play NRL footy right this second and if they can't they must leave and destroy their career at a different club.
Juniors touted as the next big thing such as Haas, Gamble, Turpin, Palasia, Lee etc?

These excuses don’t hold water

I for one, reckon that the exodus is based on individual players who think that they deserve the starting spot in their respective positions despite the fact that the coach & team needs don’t aline with their aspirations. So, they’re looking out elsewhere. Palasia is at best a bench player who’s a liability in “Defense”.
What pisses me in all this is - they can just do all this behind the scenes but not in public.
Funny how this rarely happens to Bennett or Robinson coached teams.

I actually don’t think most of them are any big loss outside of Haas, Karl, and Daine but concerns for the bigger picture remain valid.

I’ve never seen so many early release requests from one club in such a short period. Keep your rose coloured glasses but something stinks at the club. This guy was talking about loyalty, running through walls for Kev and peeling oranges if that’s what the team needed a few months back.

All of a sudden he wants to play for a team that better suits his style of play.

Media 101 it seems .
There have been a procession of players claiming they love the Broncos

Then there is the K Walters kiss of death . Oh player A ? We have long term plans for him . Gone a fortnight later .

Mind boggling really .

Okay, replace the titans with any other club.

Palasia
Lee
Mariner
Koloapu
Haas
Isaako
Niu
Turpin
Gamble

That’s approx a third of the 2022 top 30 plus our most promising junior either requesting to or successfully not seeing out their contract.

Alternatively, Manly just had that massive pride jersey issue, sacked a beloved coach for a wooden spooner, and half the team don’t like the other and not a single request.

Add it to Cobbo not wanting to see out the season with finals on the line, the worst ladder capitulation in NRL history, and players drawing dicks on coach’s cars - it doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

I also disagree that Titans players publicly asking for a release wouldn’t be news worthy.

How do you know it was a player who drew the penis ?
If you know who did it , who else knows and what punishment did they receive ?

Palasia would be lucky to make the 17 for us next year when full strength so it makes sense.

Haas, Flegler, Carrigan, Hetherington and Jensen are likely all ahead of him, and then we have players like Willison and Piakura coming through the ranks as well. Of all the players in our likely "best" 17, the two i'd be willing to move on are Haas and Staggs because of their price tags and pretty average form last year. If staggs doesn't have a good start to the year, i'd be trying to offload him and make sure we retain Herbie and Mariner.

Ah Pud you`re back !

Any more scoops about player contracts ? LOL .
You told us a cpl of months back Herbie was gone ??

How do you know it was a player who drew the penis ?
If you know who did it , who else knows and what punishment did they receive ?
That’s how it was reported. Could be bullshit but the dude’s gone 2 months later

That’s how it was reported. Could bf bullshit but the dudes gone 2 months later

You reckon TMM is that vindictive ?
After all the mentoring Terry gave him
He seems such a quiet lad . LOL .

You reckon TMM is that vindictive ?
After all the mentoring Terry gave him
He seems such a quiet lad . LOL .
Probably gone over my head but I meant Terry is gone not the responsible player

The word agenda again. I’m not sure you guys know what agenda means. Please tell me what exactly is my agenda?
200.gif

Internally I think the player churn over the last few years has fostered a culture of “it’s just business” when guys like Lodge, Isaako, TPJ etc are pushed out. So the players also feel if the club can do it so can we.
The notion that that the club should expect loyalty is now laughable. It's not even a real thing. Turns out "culture" isn't either.

Juniors touted as the next big thing such as Haas, Gamble, Turpin, Palasia, Lee etc?

These excuses don’t hold water
All players who have been surpassed by someone else and have no avenue into the starting team though right?

All players who have been surpassed by someone else and have no avenue into the starting team though right?
Well, not Haas obviously but the issue is they are all equally surpassed and have no avenue to the starting team in their new (or desired) teams.

Lee might be the only exception but even then he is a shot of missing out

In Haas, Mariner, Oloapu etc. there's cause for concern. However when you include names like Isaako, Niu, Gamble, Palasia etc. it just blurs the lines. Clubs lose players like that all the time and it's usually for the best.

I'd even put Haas in the Walsh category and say the Broncos handled that situation extremely well. They managed to diffuse it and when cooler heads prevailed, Haas committed to the rest of the deal. Mariner is committed and we'll see what happens with Oloapu. I'm waiting with baited breath for the NRL to finish their intensive investigation on the matter. Surely it's been in the pipeline now for what? 6 months? Coincidentally around the time Oloapu got new representation and talks of a more lucrative deal with the Dolphins went public.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • Dash
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • NSW stables
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.