Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

The word agenda again. I’m not sure you guys know what agenda means. Please tell me what exactly is my agenda?

Half of those players you listed are barely even first grade standard and you know that to be a fact but still you list their names because you think it validates your view but it doesn't.

That is your "agenda" and no, I don't care if it's the correct way to use the word, it absolutely suits the discussion though with the shit you continue to leak out all over BHQ.

Let's face the reality of the situation, you made a thread in April and then the team went on to have a pretty good season, ever since you made that thread you've been hoping like hell Kevvie would fall flat on his face. If your only retort is to debate the meaning of a word, it says a lot.

Half of those players you listed are barely even first grade standard and you know that to be a fact but still you list their names because you think it validates your view but it doesn't.

That is your "agenda" and no, I don't care if it's the correct way to use the word, it absolutely suits the discussion though with the shit you continue to leak out all over BHQ.

Let's face the reality of the situation, you made a thread in April and then the team went on to have a pretty good season, ever since you made that thread you've been hoping like hell Kevvie would fall flat on his face. If your only retort is to debate the meaning of a word, it says a lot.
He did fall flat on his face though? To a historical level.

He did fall flat on his face though? To a historical level.

How?

Maybe if you're living on some alternate universe and you have no sense of reality but hey why are we talking about this season, you had him penciled in to be shafted in April, you gave him 1 whole season with a roster he had nothing to do with. A roster that was a basket case.

We won more games than we lost, it was agreed upon that would be a pass mark, that was the general consensus. Usually that gets you into the 8, in 2021 the Titans made the 8 having lost 3 more games than we won in 2022.

I get it, people said if we make the 8, I guarantee you at the time of that being said the underlying belief would be if we did make the 8 we would have had to have won more than we lost, which we did, thanks to Kevvie (you know, the bloke you gave a whole season with a broken squad to miraculously change around).

In Haas, Mariner, Oloapu etc. there's cause for concern. However when you include names like Isaako, Niu, Gamble, Palasia etc. it just blurs the lines. Clubs lose players like that all the time and it's usually for the best.

I'd even put Haas in the Walsh category and say the Broncos handled that situation extremely well. They managed to diffuse it and when cooler heads prevailed, Haas committed to the rest of the deal. Mariner is committed and we'll see what happens with Oloapu. I'm waiting with baited breath for the NRL to finish their intensive investigation on the matter. Surely it's been in the pipeline now for what? 6 months? Coincidentally around the time Oloapu got new representation and talks of a more lucrative deal with the Dolphins went public.

I think the only talk of any of our younger player to the Phins on a better deal has been Mariner. He's the one the press reported had the offer, and he's the player we reported the Dolphins to the NRL about in regard to a poaching attempt. I think if we had a case regarding Oloapu, or the Dolphins had a case to answer for Mariner then we would have heard something by now. I know the NRL are inept, but its been over 2 weeks now since we made a complaint iirc.

I think the only talk of any of our younger player to the Phins on a better deal has been Mariner. He's the one the press reported had the offer, and he's the player we reported the Dolphins to the NRL about in regard to a poaching attempt. I think if we had a case regarding Oloapu, or the Dolphins had a case to answer for Mariner then we would have heard something by now. I know the NRL are inept, but its been over 2 weeks now since we made a complaint iirc.

Not yet long enough for it to blow over without them doing anything. January is my pick.

How?

Maybe if you're living on some alternate universe and you have no sense of reality but hey why are we talking about this season, you had him penciled in to be shafted in April, you gave him 1 whole season with a roster he had nothing to do with. A roster that was a basket case.

We won more games than we lost, it was agreed upon that would be a pass mark, that was the general consensus. Usually that gets you into the 8, in 2021 the Titans made the 8 having lost 3 more games than we won in 2022.

I get it, people said if we make the 8, I guarantee you at the time of that being said the underlying belief would be if we did make the 8 we would have had to have won more than we lost, which we did, thanks to Kevvie (you know, the bloke you gave a whole season with a broken squad to miraculously change around).

Kevvie himself said no finals football was a failure. So he failed by his own admission. He's been saying that as well since the day he walked through the door.

We have improved under his watch, but not enough and the squad isnt anywhere near as together as people think it is, and one of Kevvies big attractions was he could do that. He's got a massive job on his hands in 2023.

Offered twice as much per Badel.

Not yet long enough for it to blow over without them doing anything. January is my pick.

If we let it blow over then it doesnt say much for us. And i'm not convinced Oloapu will let it blow over either.

Obviously not us, I'm talking about the NRL.

Its still up to us to keep them honest though or whats the point in kicking up a stink about it in the first place. If we keep bringing it up in the media they cant just sweep it under the carpet.

Its still up to us to keep them honest though or whats the point in kicking up a stink about it in the first place. If we keep bringing it up in the media they cant just sweep it under the carpet.

Tigers say hi. A blatant corruption led to the wrong result happening and...it blew over.

They let it go tbh. They threatened legal action then didnt follow it up.

Of course they did because the NRL made up a rule to justify their own incompetence. You aren't going to win when the system itself makes something up to avoid culpability.

Do you really think the NRL is going to come out and admit their newest team has done the wrong thing when they have already done absolutely nothing to help them?

Of course they did because the NRL made up a rule to justify their own incompetence. You aren't going to win when the system itself makes something up to avoid culpability.

Do you really think the NRL is going to come out and admit their newest team has done the wrong thing when they have already done absolutely nothing to help them?

If the evidence is there then there isnt really an argument, facts are facts so i dont think they will have a choice. Then there is also the Oloapu situation as well. They arent going to say we have done the wrong thing if we havent.

If the evidence is there then there isnt really an argument, facts are facts so i dont think they will have a choice. Then there is also the Oloapu situation as well. They arent going to say we have done the wrong thing if we havent.

And yet the evidence was there in the Tigers' game. Or how about the Sharks being conveniently above board in between two seasons they weren't which just happened to be the one they won.

Let's not act like the NRL are beacons of professionalism here when it comes to enforcing their own standards / rules.

And yet the evidence was there in the Tigers' game. Or how about the Sharks being conveniently above board in between two seasons they weren't which just happened to be the one they won.

Let's not act like the NRL are beacons of professionalism here when it comes to enforcing their own standards / rules.

Didnt the NRL admit it was a big stuff up though with the Tigers?

I'm not saying the NRL are perfect, but they cant just sweep everything under the carpet all the time. If the evidence is indisputable the Dolphins have tried to entice Mariner to break his contract they will get punished and we need to keep on top of things. Same if there is cast iron proof we did the wrong thing with Oloapu.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.