Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

If we lose Keenan we may as well upgrade the chicken sanga to the top squad if he can agree to pull his head in and start fresh.

If he really is our future it wouldn’t hurt getting him around Reynolds and building combos with the young spine.

With Kenan moving on & Tesi waiting in line to move out, how many vacant top 30 spots will we’ve for 2023? Is it 2 or 3?

Who are the housemates?
Last I heard he was sharing with Patty and Brendan P. I think Reece might've been in the mix there too at some point earlier on. Not sure about that one but they all seem like best buds.

I wonder if he's getting more money over a longer deal and better opportunity to play week in week out... nah that can't be it, broncos have to be toxic that's the only answer.

SACK KEVVIE!!

He played more games than anyone other than Billy last season. Also he's under contract for another year, so being offered more money isn't really relevant. He's been at pains to praise Kevvie and Kevvie told the press he wanted him to stay. There's more to this, I think.

Maybe he just asked nicely. The same as Payne.

Last I heard he was sharing with Patty and Brendan P. I think Reece might've been in the mix there too at some point earlier on. Not sure about that one but they all seem like best buds.

He played more games than anyone other than Billy last season. Also he's under contract for another year, so being offered more money isn't really relevant. He's been at pains to praise Kevvie and Kevvie told the press he wanted him to stay. There's more to this, I think.

definitely more to it , like $100k more

You could be right but maybe not for the reason you are suggesting (I am also not saying I am right here). Not so long ago, it seemed like we were losing Haas and possibly Flegs, now Haas is staying (at least for now) and Flegs has verbally committed (and yes this means almost nothing in reality), so Palasia's possible pathway at the Broncs has suddenly been seemingly blocked.

Although he played a lot of games this year, there were a bucketload of injuries/suspensions in the forwards which meant although being a fringe first grader, he got more games than he otherwise might have. Now the same thing could well happen again next year but he doesn't know that. Suddenly, he is going to be up against the likes of Robati, Piakura, Bayliss-Brow, Hetherington, Jensen, Flegler, Te Kura, Willison if he is ever not injured, etc to get a run. Some of these kids need games and are / will be fit and will likely overtake him (well if the coach has a brain that is when it comes to team selections and bench usage and the jury is still out there).

So the loss of some forwards at the Titans, plus an upgraded contract offer for a likely easier pathway seems understandably pretty appealing.

You could be right but maybe not for the reason you are suggesting (I am also not saying I am right here). Not so long ago, it seemed like we were losing Haas and possibly Flegs, now Haas is staying (at least for now) and Flegs has verbally committed (and yes this means almost nothing in reality), so Palasia's possible pathway at the Broncs has suddenly been seemingly blocked.

Although he played a lot of games this year, there were a bucketload of injuries/suspensions in the forwards which meant although being a fringe first grader, he got more games than he otherwise might have. Now the same thing could well happen again next year but he doesn't know that. Suddenly, he is going to be up against the likes of Robati, Piakura, Bayliss-Brow, Hetherington, Jensen, Flegler, Te Kura, Willison if he is ever not injured, etc to get a run. Some of these kids need games and are / will be fit and will likely overtake him (well if the coach has a brain that is when it comes to team selections and bench usage and the jury is still out there).

So the loss of some forwards at the Titans, plus an upgraded contract offer for a likely easier pathway seems understandably pretty appealing.
I can buy into the appeal of leaving - I mean that's the story Badel is framing - but he still has another year on his contract, the coach has publicly said there's a spot for him, and well, if he rates himself, he should rate his chance against guys like Jensen.

Ultimately he's still throwing the towel in on the Broncos, and finds himself beside Isaako, Niu, Turpin, Lee etc who've been granted permission to leave, and not like Haas, Oloapu, Mariner and Walters (Tigers) who were refused permission.

Fans were furious with Payne for asking permission to leave to better his prospects. Haven't seen anyone upset about Keenan doing the same, albeit at a lower pay-grade. No comment, just an interesting contrast.

Btw, I'm not saying he's fallen out with teammates, only that he seems to be best buds with his teammates.

There seems to be a consensus here he's doing a Haas/Olaupu. Are we all meant to be hating on him?
Absolutely not hate on him but I certainly wouldn't release him early. Serve out your contract

Played as many games as Billy!!

Well Kevvie got it all wrong then because we all know Billy should be playing reserve grade in Malta.... so in that sense.... still sack Kevvie .... but also sack Ikin because he gave Kenan a contract even though he played less games than a Malta quality five eight.

Absolutely not hate on him but I certainly wouldn't release him early. Serve out your contract
The Broncos are not big on letting players they want leave for more money. So it comes down to two reasons as far as I can see:

1. They didn't want him. Kevvie said otherwise, but maybe he was just being diplomatic.
2. Personal reasons they'd rather not disclose.

The Broncos are not big on letting players they want leave for more money. So it comes down to two reasons as far as I can see:

1. They didn't want him. Kevvie said otherwise, but maybe he was just being diplomatic.

On your first point, how often does a club actually say yeah nah get lost, we don't want that player anymore in the media? They always say they want the player / will be sad to see them leave. This is leadership 101 even when you don't care if someone leaves / know they aren't the best option anymore, especially is said employee has been loyal in the past.

Not big on it hey? We’ve let a lot of players go for more money recently. Or are you specifically talking about Josh Hoffman and Payne Haas?

So Palasia has signed with the Titans for '24 and has been denied a release for '23.
Well there you go. Another case of "set to" not panning out. I feel a bit sheepish for thinking past the sale on this.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.