Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

On your first point, how often does a club actually say yeah nah get lost, we don't want that player anymore in the media? They always say they want the player / will be sad to see them leave. This is leadership 101 even when you don't care if someone leaves / know they aren't the best option anymore, especially is said employee has been loyal in the past.
Guess this is moot now. The club has shown some consistency here by refusing his request. Probably a good sign.

Played as many games as Billy!!

Well Kevvie got it all wrong then because we all know Billy should be playing reserve grade in Malta.... so in that sense.... still sack Kevvie .... but also sack Ikin because he gave Kenan a contract even though he played less games than a Malta quality five eight.

not to mention that Ikin also gave that Malta quality five-eight a new 2 year contract

If it is and he is on a lowish wage, I am ok with it. It is clear that his down year was the outlier and not the other way around. He is great for the team, they love him, the fans love him and he's been a loyal servant of the club. This is where a player option, while not great, is sort of valid.

Can you have an option in your favour but also take a pay cut?

Years over dollars deal?
I’m sure you would I’m pretty sure player options constitute new contracts so what ever figure you agree upon would be legal. Also even if it didn’t become a new contract you can front end and back end amounts so the sum could be anything legal (not to much and not to little) from my understanding of salary cap rules.

Woah, I was hoping we'd be fucking done with POs but Oates has 2 years of them? Yikes. WTF.
The club has specifically ruled out player options, so I doubt it's right. Your mission, if you accept it, is to fact check NRL.com

Wasn’t that more a BHQ policy than a strict ‘don’t’ handed down to the R&R team.
Donaghy ruled out player options when he first took the job. Why would any club CEO agree to that shit being held over your head? All it means is players you don't want can hold you to ransom.

That said, I guess it's possible the club agreed to a three year contract but Oates was worried he might not be able to hold up his end of the deal so the club said let's see how your body holds up. But that doesn't make any sense to me.

The main difference with this request to leave, when compared with Haas and the young half.

Haas did it mid season, during a winning streak which could have derailed the season. It was incredibly selfish.

The young half has come out shit talking which is not OK.

A player seeking a release when they're presented an opportunity elsewhere is no different to the average Joe Blow job hunting.

The main difference with this request to leave, when compared with Haas and the young half.

Haas did it mid season, during a winning streak which could have derailed the season. It was incredibly selfish.

The young half has come out shit talking which is not OK.

A player seeking a release when they're presented an opportunity elsewhere is no different to the average Joe Blow job hunting.
On top of that (the manner and circumstances of which the release was requested), payne was well paid well prior to proving himself (with minimal nrl experience and had just sustained a shoulder injury), and then his pay was increased (beyong his contractual agreement) in good faith. Then being the highest paid player in the club he requested another 200K a year, and then threw his toys out of the cott when he was told we would speak at the end of the season.

Palasia has previously taken unders to stay at the Broncos, delayed his request until the end of the season and the release was well discussed with the club behind closed doors before it was reported. Due to kevie's bench use, He is also only getting about 15 minutes of game time so I can't blame him from wanting some more opportunities.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • mystico
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • The Don
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Rambstien
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.