Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Maybe it’s because there’s a problem there?
I'm really surprised by this news. I thought he, Patty, Piakura and Reece were all pretty tight. Shared a house etc. Also, he said this only a few months ago:
"Manly tabled a four-year deal, with obviously more money than what I was offered at the Broncos. I shut it down quickly and told my manager I wanted to stay, and now I am here until at least the end of next year. The Broncos had trusted me and stayed loyal to me through my injuries. I just had to show character and return that loyalty, and I think it is paying off with how we are going this year, and how I know we can go in the years to come.”​

Should keep him but I'd play Willison over him on the bench, depth would be a bit of an issue though. Te Kura's probably a bit too green still.

Maybe get Lachlan Timm as a benchy.

Think we should let him go if he's getting a good offer though since he was loyal.

Good luck to him in 2024, but he’s contracted for next year and we will definitely need him.

I would like to think all these release requests are just a coincidence.

I think this is bullcrap from Keenan.

He knew 6mths ago when he rejected manly that he was going to be behind 3, 4 maybe even 5 other guys.

Does he really think the titans and or dolphins would start him and they'd be a better fit?

If he doesnt want to be here then he can buzz off I reckon

Badel reporting that Palasia has requested an early release because he wants to be a starter and he is stuck behind stuck behind a number of middle-forwards headlined by Payne Haas, Tom Flegler and Pat Carrigan.

at this stage the release hasn't been granted because he is in Kev's plans for 2023 ... he is free to negotiate with rivals for 2024 and it sounds like he wants to go to the Titans

Keenan Palasia Said:

“I have let ‘Kevvie’ know I would prefer to head home,”

“I spoke to Kevvie about it.

“He said he wants to keep me and there is a role for me within the squad.

“The Broncos have been good to me, which is why I stayed loyal last time, and Kev has been great in how straight he is with his decisions and communication.

“But I feel I can be a starting player.

“My best years are ahead of me and I want to play at a club which I feel better suits my style of play.”

I seen the headline on facebook, "one of the Broncos best young players", they try everything they possibly can to make it sound like the bloke was the backbone of our pack that we just can not afford to lose, he's been serviceable but he is one we can let go and replace, I would suggest.

Not underselling his efforts for us so far, he's been a good bench forward but anything more than that and people are deadset having a laugh, especially the fools who come up with these headlines.

We are actually going to have to play it smart with our middle forwards. Flegler, Jensen and Palasia this year, Carrigan and Haas next year. You could even throw Robati into the mix as well. I still dont see us being able to build a decent, well balanced pack if we spend big on Flegler, Carrigan and Haas.
Need to lock down Jensen.

If we re-sign Flegler, then Palasia can go.

Robati is a bit of a worry... signed for 2yrs a couple years back and still has a few in front of him... also unsure if he's going to fit into the middle or edge rotation either.

Should keep him but I'd play Willison over him on the bench, depth would be a bit of an issue though. Te Kura's probably a bit too green still.

Maybe get Lachlan Timm as a benchy.

Think we should let him go if he's getting a good offer though since he was loyal.

Willison did both shoulders in the last round. He’s not an option.

Forwards games in 2022:

Walters: 23
Palasia: 22
Riki: 22
Hetherington: 22
Haas: 20
Capewell: 19
Flegler: 18
Jensen: 18
Turpin: 15
Carrigan: 14
Paix: 12
Kennedy: 11
James: 10
Robati: 7
Hosking: 4
Piakura: 1
Willison: 1

"Chemist Warehouse Casualty Ward
Brisbane Broncos
Kotoni Staggs (shoulder, round one)
Delouise Hoeter (shoulder, round one)
Xavier Willison (shoulder, round one)
Blake Mozer (shoulder, round one)"

Hopefully should be right.

Need to lock down Jensen.

If we re-sign Flegler, then Palasia can go.

Robati is a bit of a worry... signed for 2yrs a couple years back and still has a few in front of him... also unsure if he's going to fit into the middle or edge rotation either.

You would think if they all resign then probably at least $2.2 million of our cap will be tied up in Haas, Flegler and Carrigan, if not more. I'm struggling to see how thats sustainable for us tbh. Jensen i agree we need to tie down.

You would think if they all resign then probably at least $2.2 million of our cap will be tied up in Haas, Flegler and Carrigan, if not more. I'm struggling to see how thats sustainable for us tbh. Jensen i agree we need to tie down.
Yeah I thought Flegs would be the odd one out of that bunch, but maybe Haas will be the one to move on.

If Patty is let go then I'm going with him

Cya then. Bit weird to be out to the media though, wtf is with the current playing group?
......managers

...media

online wannabes

They have to try and remain relevant in the off season some how/

I’ve never seen so many early release requests from one club in such a short period. Keep your rose coloured glasses but something stinks at the club. This guy was talking about loyalty, running through walls for Kev and peeling oranges if that’s what the team needed a few months back.

All of a sudden he wants to play for a team that better suits his style of play.

I have been a big fan of Jensen. I rewatched a couple of games and he just continues to impress. He just gets the job done. Makes his tackles, good metres and involvement, finds his front gets a good play the ball to generate momentum.

We looked like a really good team when he started and flegler came from the bench.

I saw the headline before but didn't read the article. I think a large part of the exodus is Redcliffe just being shit *****, but surely there must be something internal too if so many players are asking for releases all at the same time.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • BruiserMk1
  • RodF
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brocko
  • Bish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • KeithustEndaf
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • bazza
  • Charlesstor
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.