Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

In all the chatter about the amount we'll have in our piggy bank after losing Farnworth, Flegler and Robati has anyone heard even a peep about Palasia?
What about him? He's signed with the Titans as of 2024.

Justin Holbrook does sound a bit agitated in his comments regarding David Fifita. He is claiming the Broncos can't afford him. It's been reported widely that the Broncos now have cap space to make an offer for Fifita. Holbrook is under pressure this year, I can see why he would want Fifita to stay. Realistically though If the Titans stink this year then Holbrook may be gone whether Fifita stays or goes.

“The Broncos are definitely keen, 100 per cent,” Holbrook said ahead of the Titans’ season-opener against the Tigers on Sunday.

“I know ‘Kevvie’ (Walters) has been ringing him and has been talking to him.

“He’s allowed to do that. Dave is off-contract, so that’s fine, the Broncos are entitled to talk to him.

“I’m hearing mixed reports (on Brisbane’s interest).

“On one hand, the Broncos can’t afford him but on the other, their coach is ringing him.

“Why would Kevvie do that if they can’t afford him?”

We have one in Madden. That's our entire future long-term spine under 22 or 23yo. Perfectly poised for a decade of dominance, back near the top of the table where we belong.
Yeah I think a Madden like player can do the job
We don't need to spend a million on a 7 if Walsh, Mam and Mozer all live up to expectations.
We need to keep those 3 together and have a Shane Perry like player in the 7. They just need to be able to get Walsh and Mam the ball to feed the backline, make their tackles and have a kicking game.
Madden could be perfect Tyson Gamble would of been the perfect fit too.

Justin Holbrook does sound a bit agitated in his comments regarding David Fifita. He is claiming the Broncos can't afford him. It's been reported widely that the Broncos now have cap space to make an offer for Fifita. Holbrook is under pressure this year, I can see why he would want Fifita to stay. Realistically though If the Titans stink this year then Holbrook may be gone whether Fifita stays or goes.

“The Broncos are definitely keen, 100 per cent,” Holbrook said ahead of the Titans’ season-opener against the Tigers on Sunday.

“I know ‘Kevvie’ (Walters) has been ringing him and has been talking to him.

“He’s allowed to do that. Dave is off-contract, so that’s fine, the Broncos are entitled to talk to him.

“I’m hearing mixed reports (on Brisbane’s interest).

“On one hand, the Broncos can’t afford him but on the other, their coach is ringing him.

“Why would Kevvie do that if they can’t afford him?”

It sounds to me like Holbrook has contacted the broncos and asked if they are interested but the club is putting up a wall. Maybe Holbrook is the one who wants to rid his hands of him and needs the capspace?

Holbrook also said Dave doesn't want to disappoint anyone so it is a big decision for him, etc. These are really weird comments and sound like despite him saying he is reasonably confident Dave will stay, I don't think they actually are.

We have one in Madden. That's our entire future long-term spine under 22 or 23yo. Perfectly poised for a decade of dominance, back near the top of the table where we belong.
I felt like Josh Rogers outplayed him in the second trial. He kicked well and controlled the last quarter of the game.

Holbrook also said Dave doesn't want to disappoint anyone so it is a big decision for him, etc. These are really weird comments and sound like despite him saying he is reasonably confident Dave will stay, I don't think they actually are.

I think he's gone for sure tbh. Unless they have an amazing year and is willing to take a haircut...but I can see the Dolphins swooping in with something stupid.

I felt like Josh Rogers outplayed him in the second trial. He kicked well and controlled the last quarter of the game.

Rogers is very promising but in fairness, he had already played two trials compared to Madden's zero. Nothing wrong with competition for spots though.

We will see how he pans out. Still early days and i think sometimes people get carried away based on a few good performances. If Mam fulfils his potential we really only need him to be a Chad Townsend type 7 who just allows others to play their games.

We will see how he pans out. Still early days and i think sometimes people get carried away based on a few good performances. If Mam fulfils his potential we really only need him to be a Chad Townsend type 7 who just allows others to play their games.
He has no Chad in his game. He would be more like a Hughs if he made the change

He has no Chad in his game. He would be more like a Hughs if he made the change

I've seen him at the Tigers just play it simple at 7 like Townsend does, although he didnt look that type of half for us in the trial games or last year when i saw him.

I've seen him at the Tigers just play it simple at 7 like Townsend does, although he didnt look that type of half for us in the trial games or last year when i saw him.
Oh my bad. Your use of “Mam” and “him” in the same sentence made me think you were saying Mam just needs to be Chad!

You’re completely right on all counts

I think he's gone for sure tbh. Unless they have an amazing year and is willing to take a haircut...but I can see the Dolphins swooping in with something stupid.

He will have to take a pay cut no matter which team he ends up with. Depends how much he is willing to give up though. I'm not sure about the Dolphins though. I really think winning is important to David Fifita and he may think the Broncos are closer. The other option is he may give the Titans season a couple of weeks before deciding. Fifita probably won't have the luxury waiting to see if the Titans 'have an amazing year' before making a decision.

I doubt the Dolphins are in the mix as they are probably further away then the Titans. I read the Broncos haven't tabled a offer to Fifita as of yet.

Dolphins need a marquee player they can build their team around, someone who can play 1,6,7 or 9.

Reece is a fullback, Mam is a 6. Lets just work on getting a 7 to replace Arey down the track instead of constantly moving players around.
And if we can't find a 7?? Should we just go with Madden??

I'm not all that confident in him, but happy to see how he goes

He will have to take a pay cut no matter which team he ends up with. Depends how much he is willing to give up though. I'm not sure about the Dolphins though. I really think winning is important to David Fifita and he may think the Broncos are closer. The other option is he may give the Titans season a couple of weeks before deciding. Fifita probably won't have the luxury waiting to see if the Titans 'have an amazing year' before making a decision.

I doubt the Dolphins are in the mix as they are probably further away then the Titans. I read the Broncos haven't tabled a offer to Fifita as of yet.

I dont think Fifita is what the Dolphins will be looking for. At the moment, they are wanting players who will compete and fight for everything. I dont think thats Dave.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ozzball
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • whykickamoocow
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.