Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Walsh is the guy we splash the cash on boys. Our number one priority imo. We have not had such an ultra completive game changer in such an important position since Locky.

and we will ... but he is locked up until the end of 2025. so there are other important players off contract sooner that we need to focus on first

If my memory serves me well, Nick Kenny was actually a smoky for Kangaroos selection at one point.

There was a season there where he was doing very well for us. No glitz, no glamour, just a lot of bloody hard work.
A worker. We have 2 of those blokes… Walters and King Kobe!

Watched the clip on fox from 360 about Haas. $1.1 is the offer and a 3 year extension. All the commentators were actually very complimentary of the Broncos and basically said Payne is a fucken idiot if he doesn’t take it.
If I’m DD, then that’s my max offer. $1.1 per season, take it or feel free to **** off elsewhere. Don’t need the drama, he’s a great player and all but definitely not worth more. He’s no Cleary.. won’t single handedly decide a result (see 2020).
Just my 2 cents, but he’s a silly boy if he goes elsewhere.

and we will ... but he is locked up until the end of 2025. so there are other important players off contract sooner that we need to focus on first
I just hope they upgrade him along the way. Similar to what they did with Haas.

Reports that Paynes management are going to release s statement turning down our offer because its apparently not enough. Take it with a pinch of salt, its Rothfield, but if its true, it shows despite what they are saying, this contract is all about money. We have offered him a great deal. If he turns it down i'd just move on straight away. We dont need the drama.

Reports that Paynes management are going to release s statement turning down our offer because its apparently not enough. Take it with a pinch of salt, its Rothfield, but if its true, it shows despite what they are saying, this contract is all about money. We have offered him a great deal. If he turns it down i'd just move on straight away. We dont need the drama.
Agree.

If true then he has a plan already in place. Bye Felicia.

At this stage .. it's s not in Payne's best interests for his management to put out a statement announcing that they've rejected The Broncos offer. No need for it .. and what would they be hoping to achieve by doing that?

After what happened last year when Payne apparently requested a release .. I just can't see him green lighting a rejection statement. Does not make sense. 🤷‍♀️

When he was booed last year, in the sheds, Adam Reynolds was the first one there to help him get through the devastation of that, and also helping him to pick up the pieces. I can't forget that Adam Reynolds put his arms around Payne .. and pretty much comforted him.

I can't see Payne making that same mistake again.

It could only hurt him. Because it's certainly won't help him.

And if nothing else, in a way, it would also be disrespecting Adam Reynolds as well.

I just can't see it happening. 🤷‍♀️

At this stage .. it's s not in Payne's best interests for his management to put out a statement announcing that they've rejected The Broncos offer. No need for it .. and what would they be hoping to achieve by doing that?

After what happened last year when Payne apparently requested a release .. I just can't see him green lighting a rejection statement. Does not make sense. 🤷‍♀️

When he was booed last year, in the sheds, Adam Reynolds was the first one there to help him get through the devastation of that, and also helping him to pick up the pieces. I can't forget that Adam Reynolds put his arms around Payne .. and pretty much comforted him.

I can't see Payne making that same mistake again.

And if nothing else, in a way, it would also be disrespecting Adam Reynolds as well.

I just can't see it happening. 🤷‍♀️

You might be underestimating the stupidity of his manager.

I don't think I'm underestimating. Payne should have the last say. And I would expect him to exercise that right this time around too. 🤷‍♀️

I would like to think that he has learnt from his previous mistakes.

Would he do that to his teammates again?

He's management might not care .. but I would bet my last dollar that Payne does

or there's been too much faith put in the accuracy of rugby league media.

there's always a chance they're correct ... but as the saying goes even a broken watch is right twice a day

Also wondering if he's management let it leak that there is a statement forthcoming, in the hopes that Payne would just fall in line with that.

Again though, what would his management achieve by putting out a rejection statement?

Only reason for that would be to inform the public .. when there's absolutely no need for it.

Unless of course .. he's management want to piss off every single Bronco supporter again, in the hope of trying to sway Payne into leaving.

They simply no need to release a statement unless ulterior motives are running the show.

Also wondering if he's management let it leak that day was a statement forthcoming, in the hopes that Payne we just fall in line with that.

Again though, what would his management achieve by putting out a rejection statement?

Only reason for that would be to inform the public .. when there's absolutely no need for it.

Unless of course .. he's management want to piss off every single Bronco supporter again, in the hope of trying to sway Payne into leaving.

They simply no need to release a statement unless ulterior motives are running the show.
Yeah I can't see any (even bad) logic where it makes sense.

It achieves nothing whatsoever, you would just tell the club no and leak a rejection in the media via unnamed source.

It achieves nothing whatsoever, you would just tell the club no and leak a rejection in the media via unnamed source.
As it stands, the only thing that would make sense, is it's simply a tactic for the Nsw media spin doctors to walk in and to use this fairy story to create unrest in both the team and the Broncos fans and thus.. entice Payne south of the border that way.

Reeks of desperation if you ask me.

Dead set.. these so-called journalists.

I can't tell you how many times I've listened to them and come away thinking to myself.. I wonder how many times that they have gotten into a bit of a tiff with their partners .. And the partners end up saying 'Oh FFS. I agree with all of the Queensland fans. STFU and GTFO'. 😂

Any normal management team wouldn't do it, but I dont think Paynes lot fall into that category. If Rothfield is correct it would be a bizarre thing to do. Unless he is going to Penrith, I don't see another team better placed to win a premiership than us so they need to drop the " it's not about the money " line.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BooKhaki
  • eggstar10
  • Wolfie
  • The Strapper
  • FACTHUNT
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Gaz
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.