Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Then there is less than zero % chance they will be good enough to even make a QLD cup side ... and even if they could make a QLD cup side, no one relocates to the other side of the world for effectively a part time wage
BUT we have the Australian women, the beaches, and....culcha?

https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...3/news-story/68c4f2804c03eacb2fd539fc8d864987 if you got access, lists what players are linked/signed to which clubs

List of 2023 schoolboys signed by the Broncos -

Sam Martin (Hooker) (Ipswich SHS)
Saxon Innes (Fullback) (Marsden SHS)
Kylem Vunipola (Centre/Fullback) (Marsden SHS)
Coby Black (Halfback) (Marsden SHS)
Lewis Symonds (Lock) (Marsden SHS)
Jett Bryce (Second Row) (Keebra SHS)
Joseph Tupusu (Centre) (Keebra SHS)
Presley Folau (Second Row) (Keebra SHS)
Jakob Horne (Second Row) (Wavell SHS)
Robert Tusi-Tofu (Winger) (Wavell SHS)
Braithen Scott (Halfback) (St Mary's College)
Tom Morcom (Centre) (Shalom College)
Preston Cassidy (Halfback) (Kirwan SHS)
Cohen Jackson (Front Row) (St Patrick's College)

Will be interesting to look back on this list in a few years time and see how many make it through.

List of 2023 schoolboys signed by the Broncos -

Sam Martin (Hooker) (Ipswich SHS)
Saxon Innes (Fullback) (Marsden SHS)
Kylem Vunipola (Centre/Fullback) (Marsden SHS)
Coby Black (Halfback) (Marsden SHS)
Lewis Symonds (Lock) (Marsden SHS)
Jett Bryce (Second Row) (Keebra SHS)
Joseph Tupusu (Centre) (Keebra SHS)
Presley Folau (Second Row) (Keebra SHS)
Jakob Horne (Second Row) (Wavell SHS)
Robert Tusi-Tofu (Winger) (Wavell SHS)
Braithen Scott (Halfback) (St Mary's College)
Tom Morcom (Centre) (Shalom College)
Preston Cassidy (Halfback) (Kirwan SHS)
Cohen Jackson (Front Row) (St Patrick's College)

Will be interesting to look back on this list in a few years time and see how many make it through.
Only 1 front rower, the rest are 2nd rowers/centres/halves. I know 2nd rowers can develop that way but we have this habbit of picking the body type first and skills second. Atleast there are creative types, and maybe last year was front row heavy.
i say all this, remembering the days when we had tacklebot frontrowers who could not get us any momentum and left us trapped in our halves.
Im glad those days are gone foe now but would hate to see them return based on selecting on stats.

Only 1 front rower, the rest are 2nd rowers/centres/halves. I know 2nd rowers can develop that way but we have this habbit of picking the body type first and skills second. Atleast there are creative types, and maybe last year was front row heavy.
i say all this, remembering the days when we had tacklebot frontrowers who could not get us any momentum and left us trapped in our halves.
Im glad those days are gone foe now but would hate to see them return based on selecting on stats.

They're based on their position for school, not position for Cyril or Meninga- Scott is the Clydesdales captain and fullback but plays half for his school.

Few of those forwards have played front row.

I know Black is joining the top squad as a development player next year but is Bryce likely to follow? Anyone know?

Herbie admits he's fucking off to the Dolphins for more money and a better time:

“It’s a tough question. Probably the contract from the Broncos wasn’t where I wanted it to be. And there were a few things that probably didn’t really favour me going forward and trying to push myself more and more at the Broncos.
"I obviously love the club. I’ve been here since I was 14 or 15, so it will be weird going somewhere else, but it will also be good to move to the Dolphins.”​
“The Dolphins was the best fit for me. I am pretty keen to join them next year and work under Wayne. They have a really good side there as well. It will be pretty cool to be part of the Dolphins’ second season and build a platform for other players to come through. That was a big pull towards going to the Dolphins.”​
“It would be massive to break the drought. I am super keen. It could be my last game for the Broncos against the Warriors, but hopefully not. All the boys are really keen to get this win and move onto the grand final. I really want to do something special in my last year here. It would be unbelievable to leave with a premiership. It’s been a dream of mine and every player here, to win a grand final at the Broncos. It’s been a long time, so hopefully we can bring a premiership to the city of Brisbane.”​

Gough Whitlam loved this so much he appeared in the sequel. He be cancelled now:

I am just trying to understand the point you are trying to make about Gough Whitlam. I mean, this is clearly satire, and Barry Humphries was having a dig at England, Australian Nationalism, identity politics, perceived culture, etc.
So, yeah, Gough being involved In that, especially trying to divest from England isn't all that surprising, and his role gave us "Dame" Edna Everidge.
Yeah, maybe it would be cancelled today, but also there are heaps of movies that get made like "Sausage Party" or "Borat", where you think "how the **** did this get made?".

I am just trying to understand the point you are trying to make about Gough Whitlam. I mean, this is clearly satire, and Barry Humphries was having a dig at England, Australian Nationalism, identity politics, perceived culture, etc.
So, yeah, Gough being involved In that, especially trying to divest from England isn't all that surprising, and his role gave us "Dame" Edna Everidge.
Yeah, maybe it would be cancelled today, but also there are heaps of movies that get made like "Sausage Party" or "Borat", where you think "how the **** did this get made?".
No point.

Herbie admits he's fucking off to the Dolphins for more money and a better time:

“............ And there were a few things that probably didn’t really favour me going forward and trying to push myself more and more at the Broncos.

I remember watching that interview and thinking.......so Herbie, you have to be paid more to push yourself to play better...?

I'm glad you're fucking off.....

“It’s a tough question. Probably the contract from the Broncos wasn’t where I wanted it to be. And there were a few things that probably didn’t really favour me going forward and trying to push myself more and more at the Broncos.
"I obviously love the club. I’ve been here since I was 14 or 15, so it will be weird going somewhere else, but it will also be good to move to the Dolphins.”​
“The Dolphins was the best fit for me. I am pretty keen to join them next year and work under Wayne. They have a really good side there as well. It will be pretty cool to be part of the Dolphins’ second season and build a platform for other players to come through. That was a big pull towards going to the Dolphins.”​
“It would be massive to break the drought. I am super keen. It could be my last game for the Broncos against the Warriors, but hopefully not. All the boys are really keen to get this win and move onto the grand final. I really want to do something special in my last year here. It would be unbelievable to leave with a premiership. It’s been a dream of mine and every player here, to win a grand final at the Broncos. It’s been a long time, so hopefully we can bring a premiership to the city of Brisbane.”​

Players sometimes just say shit to win people over because I am sitting here thinking there's no way any rational individual can suggest The "have a really good side". I absolutely wouldn't expect him to call them shithouse either but come on Herbie.

let’s face it when Herbie and Flegler signed on with the dolphins I don’t think that they thought the broncos would be this serious of a contender this fast. If they had waited to sign a contract at the end of the year I think they both would have stayed.

let’s face it when Herbie and Flegler signed on with the dolphins I don’t think that they thought the broncos would be this serious of a contender this fast. If they had waited to sign a contract at the end of the year I think they both would have stayed.

It sound like there was a significant difference in the dollars each team could offer, so I doubt it.

Good luck to them both. I'll only really miss Herb, though Flegs definitely has the potential to kick on and really make us miss him.

It sound like there was a significant difference in the dollars each team could offer, so I doubt it.

Good luck to them both. I'll only really miss Herb, though Flegs definitely has the potential to kick on and really make us miss him.
Having Haas and Patty locked up on long term deals softens the blow of losing Flegler.

Mariner being locked up long term could also soften the blow of losing Herbie, but he's been excellent this year and looks the bigger loss out of the 2 so far.

The difference was because the Broncos was small not the Dolphins being big. The Dolphins is what an international back "should be" getting.

Active Now

• LockyersLeftBoot
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • broncotville
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • Shane Tronc
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.