Stimson
Vaega
R.Smith
Tuala
Simonsson
S.Mitchell
Tass
Eisenhuth x2

I am obviously not saying sign all of them, just saying these would offer some really good depth options and in the case of Haas, a first teamer.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Looking at the depth potential for next year, I'd look at:

Retain:
Karapani

Recruit Options:
Knight
Sexton (especially)
Iro
Aitken
Haas
Stimson
Vaega
R.Smith
Tuala
Simonsson
S.Mitchell
Tass
Eisenhuth x2

I am obviously not saying sign all of them, just saying these would offer some really good depth options and in the case of Haas, a first teamer.
Surely we can promote from within, without having raid other nurseries. Our priority is to fast-track Black and Mozer into the spine and let them live or die by the sword before Reyno retires. And obviously, we need TWO 2nd rowers who can double as convincing centres. They don't grow on trees. Maybe we'll need to buy them from elsewhere. It's urgent.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
The live or die by the sword approach worked a treat with Tommy Dearden.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
1. Walsh
2. Vunivalu*
3. Cobbo
4. Mariner
5. Skelton*
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Smoothy
10. Willison
11. Staggs
12. Riki
13. Carrigan
_________
14. Walters
15. Piakura
16. Hetherington
17. Jensen

18. Te Kura
19. Karapani
20. Leota

Couple of outside back signings that make the opposition worry (Most opposition wingers see they’re marking Arthars and breathe a sigh of relief) and shifting Staggs to backrow.. Willison starting.. Pretty simple changes

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Rather not sign wingers when we need backrowers
IMG 9011

Bring back the glory days

I agree though. I have been saying we need better edge backrowers for a long time.

Rhyse Martin anyone? :embarrased:

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
1. Walsh
2. Vunivalu*
3. Cobbo
4. Mariner
5. Skelton*
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Smoothy
10. Willison
11. Staggs
12. Riki
13. Carrigan
_________
14. Walters
15. Piakura
16. Hetherington
17. Jensen

18. Te Kura
19. Karapani
20. Leota

Couple of outside back signings that make the opposition worry (Most opposition wingers see they’re marking Arthars and breathe a sigh of relief) and shifting Staggs to backrow.. Willison starting.. Pretty simple changes

When was the last time an NRL club took a player from a Rugby Union team?

Wouldn't be cheap either.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
When was the last time an NRL club took a player from a Rugby Union team?

Wouldn't be cheap either.
Apparently Vunivalu is on the outer in Union and looking to return to NRL. Possibly even this year. He’d be a great replacement for Pereira.. I doubt he costs much seeing as he’s just a winger and has been out of the NRL for a while and hasn’t gotten any younger.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I'm with @upthebroncs, I reckon we should do a fire sale and get rid of all our big names and bring in ESL journeymen.
The point would be that we don’t need to get rid of any stars to sign those players, at the same time strengthening the squad to a point where we could win a premiership in the near term while we have Reynolds at 7.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The struggle is our cap appears to be maxed out already and we haven’t even upgraded Walsh yet and Mams big contract starts next year.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
In my mind Staggs is a better backrower than centre and Mariner is a better centre than winger. It’d be the easiest fix and a step in the right direction for the future in my opinion. Mariner is bound to be a centre eventually.

Lostboy

Lostboy

U18 Player
Feb 21, 2024
In my mind Staggs is a better backrower than centre and Mariner is a better centre than winger. It’d be the easiest fix and a step in the right direction for the future in my opinion. Mariner is bound to be a centre eventually.
Is Staggs big enough?

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.