Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
- Elie El-Zakhem
View attachment 28485
Alright I’m done

I'm actually shocked you haven't thrown up this guy yet.

remote.axd

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I do think though this season has shown us why we need to build around and honestly, get a bit of luck with injury, we still have a gun team moving forward:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
8. Willison
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

This is what we need to build around moving forward which means Staggs and Hetherington are free to go elsewhere if they want to mess around and ask for money.

Or The @upthebroncs dream team:
1. Dufty
2. Charnley
3. Marsters
4. Hurrell
5. Marshall
6. Croft
7. Cust
8. El-Zakhem
9. Leeming
10. Kennedy
11. Watkins
12. Martin (c) (wk) (vc) (vcc) (Sir)
13. Sims

14. Horne
15. Okunbor
16. Vaughn
17. Asiata

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
I do think though this season has shown us why we need to build around and honestly, get a bit of luck with injury, we still have a gun team moving forward:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
8. Willison
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

This is what we need to build around moving forward which means Staggs and Hetherington are free to go elsewhere if they want to mess around and ask for money.

1. Dufty
2. Charnley
3. Marsters
4. Hurrell
5. Marshall
6. Croft
7. Cust
8. El-Zakhem
9. Leeming
10. Kennedy
11. Watkins
13. Sims

14. Horne
15. Okunbor
16. Vaughn
17. Asiata
Sucks but I think you’re right regarding Staggs, Hetherington etc. if they want more cash gonna have to make some tough decisions.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The live or die by the sword approach worked a treat with Tommy Dearden.
Black will be a year older than Dearden when he gets his chance. The same age as Ezra Mam on debut. Mozer is already two years older.

Besides-which, I don't think revisiting our halves crisis that started when Hunt left and ended with the arrival of Reynolds reflects well on any of the coaches presiding over it.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It was a legit question…
I don’t watch any cup these days, and I’m out of the loop with who’s who in the zoo.
Just thought you might know.

He's played 33 minutes of Cup 48 hours ago. He did alright for 33 minutes on debut.

He's not playing NRL.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Mariner
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
8. Willison
10. Haas
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

15. Te Kura

1. Dufty
2. Charnley
3. Marsters
4. Hurrell
5. Marshall
6. Croft
7. Cust
8. El-Zakhem
9. Leeming
10. Kennedy
11. Watkins
13. Sims

14. Horne
15. Okunbor
16. Vaughn
17. Asiata
Can Staggs become a backrow option? Meaning piakura goes back to the bench perhaps

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
If staggs wants to stay he needs to take a pretty big pay cut, he hasn’t lived up to what we’re paying him which was overs anyway. We could use that money to attempt to sign Angus who would look really good beside mam. Piakura looks more like a bench middle than an edge forward, his sliding defence and reads are not great. His head on defence is however.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Staggs could become a pretty good backrower in my opinion. He is quick, agile and naturally aggressive on both sides of the ball. He would be a real handful for any opposition half to defend against, and I reckon they would try to avoid running into him as much as possible. His contact in defence is always strong, and I think it would strengthen our team on the edges in both attack and defence.

He is listed as 185cm tall, so unless that is incorrect, he is bigger than he looks, and would be more than capable of handling the move into the forwards. Perhaps he would need to put on a little bit of weight, but other players such as Liam Martin, Euan Aitken, Klese Haas, Kenny Bromwich, etc are also listed as being of a similar height and/or weight.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Bulldogs signed him.

No they haven't, he hasn't been released yet from the Roosters. He was given permission to look around during the Fifita affair and spoke to the Dogs then but hasn't since. He still has three years to go at the Roosters.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I’m liking this suggestion more and more.
A speedy, hard running with great lines backrower…
We can’t carry 2 centres on big money.
It’s what I always saw happening for Oates but he just never got the opportunity to develop there. Plus he was killing it on the wing at the time and moving him didn’t seem feasible.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If staggs wants to stay he needs to take a pretty big pay cut, he hasn’t lived up to what we’re paying him which was overs anyway. We could use that money to attempt to sign Angus who would look really good beside mam. Piakura looks more like a bench middle than an edge forward, his sliding defence and reads are not great. His head on defence is however.
Angus re-signed with the roosters

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We need to calm down with all these ridiculous signings. Role players and good depth is what we need.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
We need to calm down with all these ridiculous signings. Role players and good depth is what we need.

I've had a think and this seems realistic and doable within the current cap*:

PositionFirst TeamDepthDepth's Depth
FullbackWalshEdwardsPaps
WingArthars, MarinerTo'oFox
CentreCobbo, StaggsCrichtonAnyone but fucking Trell
Five-EighthMamTime-travelling Wally LewisLittle Timmy Deerden
HalfbackReynoldsHughesShane Perry
PropHaas, JensenWillisonHass (Spelling? Is this a different guy?)
HookerBillyNot neededNot needed
Second RowRiki, PiakuraBrad ThornThe Rock
LockPattyNot neededNot needed

(*under the if Rorter's can do it clause)

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • PETERN
  • BruiserMk1
  • Strop
  • Mr Fourex
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.