Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

it's actually a good indication of how much BHQ knows ... because the majority of posters wanted all of those players gone (or simply didn't care if they left) ... and certainly would have been up in arms if the club matched our rivals offers for them
I have to disagree, while Capewell would likely fit that bill the rest definitely not.

Of course the McHunt ramble on Herbie not passing and downplaying the rest of his game did suck in a few people but it wasn't the majority, I would bet alot of that came from the fact he had already signed early to go, rather than how he actually played.

That said It definitely inflates their value when their replacements have been Horrific.

Baker was signed to essentially replace Flegs going by the game time he was given at the start of the seasn, we got Lucky that Willison broke through because the rest has been a huge negative.

Shaun Lane reportedly free to look around.
No thanks, we already have an iniury prone backrower.

He is a good player but his value is diminished with his injury record.

Palasia is currently playing reggies. We should be putting a feeler back out to him to see if he wants to come back.
Prefer Kaas who is off contract and younger with a higher ceiling. Might also help lift Payne's game.

Prefer Kaas who is off contract and younger with a higher ceiling. Might also help lift Payne's game.
Ideal player for us if we can get value, would be good enough to put pressure on our back rowers and he can play lock, the exact type of player we need.

I probably would be looking at offloading Kobe to make it happen, since he would be able to cover the roles he does now.

No chance of offloading Baker though, no one would want him.

we got Lucky that Willison broke through because the rest has been a huge negative.
I wouldn't call that luck, the club has had huge raps on him for years and he was always projected to be a quality forward.

If anything they've been unlucky with injuries to him and Te Kura.

Willison was the Flegler replacement, Baker was the Palasia replacement.

The only person that knows how to use shaun lane is Mitchell Moses.

Willison was the Flegler replacement, Baker was the Palasia replacement.
While that would have been the case with time, the start of the season had it the other way round which is a big difference from 2023, Willison got dropped from the entire 17 in game 1.

While that would have been the case with time, the start of the season had it the other way round which is a big difference from 2023, Willison got dropped from the entire 17 in game 1.
It's been in the making for years, one game on the other side of the planet doesn't change that.

I mean Marty Taupau started the game, it was a horses for courses type of game and it backfired as soon as Piakura left the field.

I think the ommission of Willison in round 1 is a bit of an overreaction.

Willison had played like 11 first grade games and was injured back end of last year... If he was starting in round 1 at some point he'd need to have a break or you'd be expecting him to play 20+ games straight, get an injury or his form dips and he needs to be dropped back to Qcup... basically what has happened to Piakura and Mariner.

I think the plan all along was to bring him into the team about 4-6 weeks into the season and use the other guys with more experience to weather the initial storm.

My biggest concern is the number of penalties and six again we keep giving away especially for within the 10m.
This has been happening for years.
I would blame it on the players jumping the gun.

I have to disagree, while Capewell would likely fit that bill the rest definitely not.

Of course the McHunt ramble on Herbie not passing and downplaying the rest of his game did suck in a few people but it wasn't the majority, I would bet alot of that came from the fact he had already signed early to go, rather than how he actually played.

That said It definitely inflates their value when their replacements have been Horrific.

Baker was signed to essentially replace Flegs going by the game time he was given at the start of the seasn, we got Lucky that Willison broke through because the rest has been a huge negative.

IMO we would have earmarked Willison as Flegs replacement, Baker to be the Palasia replacement

The only problem is we need some more experienced forwards and Palasia fits the bill. Young kids with potential arent going to drag us out of the hole. Some older heads are required and at 27 Palasia is starting to come into his prime as a forward.

Traditionally, the English forwards have been better over here than their backs. With no one of note seemingly off contract, are there any 2nd rowers the Broncos can target over there instead of getting "very far down the list" injury cover depth players like Gosiewski?

What does everyone here think of Mikey Lewis? I know Super League highlights don't really give a true indication of where they are playing positionally, but does he look like he could match Walsh's energy?

What does everyone here think of Mikey Lewis? I know Super League highlights don't really give a true indication of where they are playing positionally, but does he look like he could match Walsh's energy?

Is a gun, he'd smash it in the NRL.

Active Now

• marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Waynesaurus
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Xarr
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.